Trip Report Belgians do WDW! August 2022

Hi all! Live writing you from MCO airport! As the title suggests, I have finally arrived in our beloved WDW area!

Probs will share a TR afterwards but for now, glad to be back!

0BAA1395-D46D-4119-8330-B5174B909DD9.jpeg

44622339-CE65-4004-89D9-982713A300F1.jpeg

We’re staying off-site tonight but tomorrow direction CBR and MK!

Laurence (Gaëtan (little brother) and Henk)

Sabrina1705

Ha Sabrina, Henk here also Got COVID when returning home. I probably also had it but showed with no symptoms beside a 1-day migraine.?! Not even sure if that's a symptom but was spared from more discomfort. It still circles a lot but hopefully you did not had too much symptoms!
After 2 weeks I still have a bad cough.
Apparently, it could take up to 3 to 4 weeks for that cough to effectively go away. For the rest 3 days of feeling fluish.
At least my mom and my goddaughter were spared it.

Hopefully everything is ok, with Henk!

Laurenciaa

Original Poster
Our PP taken on Pirates:
NXLO5512.JPG

Ah yes, first attempt.. failed miserably at looking into the Camera (this will evolve, I swear 😃 ). G also mentioned that, while zooming in, he noticed that he was casually picking his nose. Oh boy teenagers and manners...no just joking an itching nose is a serious business. I just looked like I have seen Ghost numéro 1000 and Henk well, Henk was awaiting the upward hill towards the next scene.

Did I get wet while sitting on the edge of this boat due to a canon impact in the water? Oh yes I did. Now a welcomed gift when hot!

We moved on to the singing birds, now known by Gaëtan and I by "Fifi, Gigi and Pierre"
We agreed we all liked this ride but the comfort of the airco was also a nice plus. I had forgotten that the show was quite longer than what my memory served me.

Between our visit to Pooh, we made a quick stop at the Philarmagic show that was about to start.
ITDI9363.JPG

This show honestly really really good but how many times we heard the CM say that you need to you all the way to the end of the row, is mind boggling. Okay some may not speak English as their first language but other just were downright egoistic. I sometimes understand why discussions occur between CM and visitors, some just don't want to follow ANY guidelines.

Before our lunchbreak, we headed over to Pooh. I Honestly laughed all the way through this ride making impressions of Tigger.

NEXT ON: Discovering Wilderness Lodge & Geyser Point

Laurenciaa

Original Poster
So before we boarded the Friendship boat towards Wilderness Lodge, I was, euhm, not familiar with this Resort but I've read and seen good things.

We boarded the boat and immediate made our way towards Geyser Point. We joined the walk-up list (not needed) but just to be sure we would be accepted. We were seated in the section of Andrew. I could write a whole section on Andrew on how we appreciated his style of waiting our table but he became our benchmark point for other CM's waiting our table.
Some impressions of Geyser Point:
WIRC4416.JPG

RNBC3880.JPG

BMLP7616.JPG

We were seated on the left side of the venue and browsed over the menu for our order. Henk went for the Bison Burger while Gaëtan and I shared some bites:
Bison Burger:
KNYD4714.JPG

Crispy Salmon Croquettes & Teriyaki Chicken Wings

IDJH0725.JPG

Cheesy Barbecue Brisket:
VIPJ9848.JPG

Gotta say, this was DELICIOUS. Gaëtan, Henk and I left no piece of meat/chips/cheese behind on those plates.

Last edited:

Laurenciaa

Original Poster
We continue on:

After our delicious lunch at Geyser Point, we made our way to the Lobby. As previously said, I never visited The Wilderness Logde but It was like love at first sight! Calm and ambient lobby, a serene silence and the height of the Lobby, oh my. This hotel is definitely on our wish list for 2024!

If anyone has some tips and tricks on what rooms to selects, I am interested!

We had long received a room ready text and decided to return to our resort for the afternoon. Via MK, we boarded the bus. When arriving at CBR, I was in charge of retrieving the luggage and the boys continued their journey towards the Aruba section.

The Aruba section is conveniently located next to the Skyliner station of Riviera which was a bonus. Another bonus, our room: 5601 located not only next to the Skyliner but also 0,1 minute from the Aruba bus station. Sweet!

We then went for a short trip to HS but only to test out the Skyliner. By the time we did a round-trip on the Skyliner we headed back to the hotel as the skies had opened up! With no dining reservations, we took the internal bus to Old Port Royale (Lobby) of CBR and consumed a quick service meal. It was packed!

Cuban Sandwich
CQGL4370.JPG

Fish Taco's:
TEXT6489.JPG

As you can see on the right of the photo above, I took what looks like a cheeseburger but probably couldn't have bothered to take a picture as I was hungry 🤷‍♀️. Food was OK nothing spectacular but did it's job.

Also, and this is nothing new, we were joined by a lot of other UK guests at CBR. This hotel is very much liked by them but we also heard a lot of British English in all other hotels we frequented during our stay!

Final shot while walking towards our room, ready for the night:

EMZA2048.JPG

Henk made it a habit of taking pictures of scenery where Gaëtan and I are walking in, just to prove our parents that yes, we're also still here!

When getting back to the room, a gift was awaiting us on the table:
RTOB7164.JPG

We received a welcoming gift! How nice of you Disney! We received this little extra for Henk its 40th Bday and Gaëtan its first visit. Content of the bag:
VSIO2872.JPG

Given the fact that Henk organized this trip, Gaëtan only claimed the chips and let Henk have the other items :).

That's it for day one. Tomorrow we head to EPCOT!

Laurenciaa

Original Poster
Day 2 - 3 August 2022:

As the previous post suggests, we had an EPCOT morning planned for us.

Now, as you all know, going to EPCOT first means -> Securing a Guardians Virtual queue ay 7AM.
I was successful but not as enthusiastic as Gaëtan and Henk were.. I already knew about the spinning motion and other motions/visuals.
LFCN0281.JPG

Hi Skyliner!

We arrived at the International Gateway and did NOT venture to the France Pavilion just because.. Remy.. did that in France multiple times..
Instead we wander towards Norway! 20 minutes shows the picture. Sorry think this picture is taken with some kind of a lens or zoom but my arm looks wayyyyy to long and out of proportion but in reality, the ride was a walk-on!
KFFK5969.JPG

Really like this ride but sat next to a Family who literally touched every door or other deco they could touch. I really and obviously rolled my eyes at them but they seemed.. not understanding my gesture. Could be me but I think it was their intellect... (sight).

Okay after our trip in Norway we moved towards the Connections café as the Mexico Pavilion wasn't open yet.
We caved on Starbucks and Henk & Gaëtan ordered the following items:

RRLJ0296.JPG

Breakfast Wrap with Spinach:
LEQD0902.JPG

In the back you also see Gaëtan enjoying a ham/sausage breakfast thingy and I think I took a classic Cinnamonroll.

Once our stomachs were satisfied for the morning walk, we proceeded to the Mexico Pavilion. Wanted to do Test Track but given we just ate, we would do this AFTER our journey searching for Donald in Mexico:
TIMN4530.JPG

Obviously the Duck did not tell us that he was secretly meeting guests OUTSIDE the Mexico Venue, Oh Donald..
FNHP8567.JPG

Waived hello from a distance and moved on to Test Track, single riders.
Standby was at that point well above 65 minutes but chances are likely you are seated in the same car even in Single Rider.
We absolutely love this ride. I, remembered of 4 years ago, that I needed to fix my hair.. Check!

I somehow always feel like I am "laying" in this ride, do not look like I'm sitting comfortably on the PP picture :joyfull:
CHSD6724.JPG

well our faces say enough :D

Moving on to finish the other attractions during the morning session: Nemo, Figment & SSE.
SLBY5770.JPG

TDUM8788.JPG

SSE:

SPXZ8053.JPG

Gaëtan seriously has his mugshot photo on point.. still laughing about this one😅

Once we got off soaring, our Group was called to join the Guardians Queue.

Laurenciaa

Original Poster
EPCOT day - Continued:

Some pictures from Guardians which by now you have all seen but for the sake of the Trip Report:
PPP Gaëtan & Henk:
SRPK0424.JPG

Queue Pictures:
DVXW4404.JPG

RLYB7368.JPG

NLLC9959.JPG

So, we boarded the train and rode the ride.. Gaëtan & Henk screamed in excitement but I grew more and more silent and that already after the initial blast off backwards.. I did not remember much of the ride otherwise than I needed to breath in and out and needed to try to focus on items that weren't spinning. I got off well yeah, I probs looked a bit green :D. I did take something for the nausea and headache. Lesson learned, I am good for all but spinning heavy screen rides!

After letting the medication do its wonders, I regained some appetite and was ready to have a late lunch with the others.
We wanted to ride Soarin' so we decided to lunch at Sunshine Seasons.

Henk took the Asian Vegetable Noodle Salad. Gaëtan the Stir-Fried Shrimp and I the Stir-Fried Chicken
I took forever to finish my dish but I did not want to push my OK again stomach. I slowly drank my diluted Coke Light/Coke Zero.
MMBG9670.JPG

Henk also took some extra desserts.. Did I already mention that the guys consumed more food than I did this Holiday?? :D

Queue Soarin'- we were perfectly seated during the attraction and we enjoyed our flight around the world.

JHVU9537.JPG

After this, we were ready for a break at the hotel. We returned back to CBR for an extended break. Our evening will also be in EPCOT as we wanted to see the fireworks!

fractal

Oh no! Sorry you didn't feel right during Guardians!

Love the food pics and all the commentary.

As far as GIFs - I use GIPHY.com Type in a subject like "star wars" then click on a gif you like. From there click the "share" button and then the "copy gif link". Come back to your report, clink the photo icon and paste the link there.

giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom