Being redirected to another site on mobile.

acishere

Original Poster
Just thought I should bring this to someone's attention in case it is an issue for others besides me. On about 5 different occasions I have accessed this site on my Safari browser on mobile and after a few seconds have been automatically redirected to this site:
IMG_1481.PNG

It just happened now and I finally thought to get a screenshot of the site before closing it. I'm also very sure I didn't accidentally click any link or ad. This is not happening on any other site I visit on this phone.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Just thought I should bring this to someone's attention in case it is an issue for others besides me. On about 5 different occasions I have accessed this site on my Safari browser on mobile and after a few seconds have been automatically redirected to this site:
View attachment 237209

It just happened now and I finally thought to get a screenshot of the site before closing it. I'm also very sure I didn't accidentally click any link or ad. This is not happening on any other site I visit on this phone.
Thanks. Is this on the forum or main site?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The WDWMagic app isn't having this problem.

And either @wdwmagic has fixed whatever it was, or I'm not having the same issue using safari on my iPhone.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Last edited:

Megbutnotmegan

Thanks for the link explaining this. I’ve had a bunch of these pop up lately throughout the forums. I’ll try to pay attention to which threads and report them for you.

Hobnail Boot

Just thought I would bump this... I have been getting these redirects occasionally, but today is exceptionally bad. Anytime I go to any forum page or thread I get redirected to a Facebook ad with audio saying "congratulations." I used to just open a new tab and it would be fine, but today no matter what I do it wouldn't let me read anything.

After a quick Google search, I found this site with instructions on how to stop it:https://www.androidpolice.com/2017/11/08/heres-protect-rogue-redirect-ads-right-now-chrome/

Still... I am getting the redirect blocked multiple times on every page. I've attached an image of it. Just thought I would share!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180513-120422_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180513-120422_Chrome.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 265

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Just thought I would bump this... I have been getting these redirects occasionally, but today is exceptionally bad. Anytime I go to any forum page or thread I get redirected to a Facebook ad with audio saying "congratulations." I used to just open a new tab and it would be fine, but today no matter what I do it wouldn't let me read anything.

After a quick Google search, I found this site with instructions on how to stop it:https://www.androidpolice.com/2017/11/08/heres-protect-rogue-redirect-ads-right-now-chrome/

Still... I am getting the redirect blocked multiple times on every page. I've attached an image of it. Just thought I would share!
Thanks. If you don’t mind, completing this would be really helpful.

https://freestar.io/bad-ads/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom