• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Being redirected to another site on mobile.

acishere

Original Poster
Just thought I should bring this to someone's attention in case it is an issue for others besides me. On about 5 different occasions I have accessed this site on my Safari browser on mobile and after a few seconds have been automatically redirected to this site:
IMG_1481.PNG

It just happened now and I finally thought to get a screenshot of the site before closing it. I'm also very sure I didn't accidentally click any link or ad. This is not happening on any other site I visit on this phone.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Advertisement
Just thought I should bring this to someone's attention in case it is an issue for others besides me. On about 5 different occasions I have accessed this site on my Safari browser on mobile and after a few seconds have been automatically redirected to this site:
View attachment 237209

It just happened now and I finally thought to get a screenshot of the site before closing it. I'm also very sure I didn't accidentally click any link or ad. This is not happening on any other site I visit on this phone.
Thanks. Is this on the forum or main site?

JohnD

I get it too. Multiple warnings/ads -- WalMart, "Site Infected. Click here to clean", etc.

I get it on the home page and the main forums page.

Anybody else reading this, double tap the home button and swipe up to close the browser. Don't click on any links.

Monty

A legend.
Premium Member
The WDWMagic app isn't having this problem.

And either @wdwmagic has fixed whatever it was, or I'm not having the same issue using safari on my iPhone.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Premium Member
Same thing happened to me this morning. Let my Premimum membership lapse for one day.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Last edited:

Megbutnotmegan

Thanks for the link explaining this. I’ve had a bunch of these pop up lately throughout the forums. I’ll try to pay attention to which threads and report them for you.

Hobnail Boot

Just thought I would bump this... I have been getting these redirects occasionally, but today is exceptionally bad. Anytime I go to any forum page or thread I get redirected to a Facebook ad with audio saying "congratulations." I used to just open a new tab and it would be fine, but today no matter what I do it wouldn't let me read anything.

After a quick Google search, I found this site with instructions on how to stop it:https://www.androidpolice.com/2017/11/08/heres-protect-rogue-redirect-ads-right-now-chrome/

Still... I am getting the redirect blocked multiple times on every page. I've attached an image of it. Just thought I would share!

Attachments

wdwmagic

Administrator
Just thought I would bump this... I have been getting these redirects occasionally, but today is exceptionally bad. Anytime I go to any forum page or thread I get redirected to a Facebook ad with audio saying "congratulations." I used to just open a new tab and it would be fine, but today no matter what I do it wouldn't let me read anything.

After a quick Google search, I found this site with instructions on how to stop it:https://www.androidpolice.com/2017/11/08/heres-protect-rogue-redirect-ads-right-now-chrome/

Still... I am getting the redirect blocked multiple times on every page. I've attached an image of it. Just thought I would share!
Thanks. If you don’t mind, completing this would be really helpful.

https://freestar.io/bad-ads/

Top Bottom