Being IN the WDW Parades

mofrazier05

Original Poster
I was told by someone that even though there's no "for sure" way to be included in an AK or MK parade, I was told that in AK if you are by the Tusker House 2 hrs before the parade starts, you could socialize with the CM's possibly be included in the MJJP. For MK, I was told same time frame but to hang around Frontierland & Adventureland. Does anyone know anything about this and if so could you give ALL details as this will be my DH & DD first trip to WDW and I think that would be icing on the cake! THANKZ!!!!:wave:

joanna71985

I was told by someone that even though there's no "for sure" way to be included in an AK or MK parade, I was told that in AK if you are by the Tusker House 2 hrs before the parade starts, you could socialize with the CM's possibly be included in the MJJP. For MK, I was told same time frame but to hang around Frontierland & Adventureland. Does anyone know anything about this and if so could you give ALL details as this will be my DH & DD first trip to WDW and I think that would be icing on the cake! THANKZ!!!!:wave:

I don't know about either one of these. For one thing, the picking for the parades is very random. Also, I don't know how being in Tusker House helps. The people in there aren't involved with the parade. And I heard people are usually picked from Main Street for the day parade at MK.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I've never heard this, but it never hurts to be nice to the cast members. :shrug:

You never know what they might do for you ! :wave:

sillyspook13

At Animal Kingdom the guests for the parade are picked at a random location at a random time by a random Cast Member. There's no way to ask to be in it or to increase your chances of being in the "right place at the right time."

IROC it

At Animal Kingdom the guests for the parade are picked at a random location at a random time by a random Cast Member. There's no way to ask to be in it or to increase your chances of being in the "right place at the right time."

Actually, there's a good chance of being in it at AK if you are the first one in line at Mickey's Hut in the Camp Minnie & Mickey area first thing in the morning... You can tell which hut he'll be at by taking a sneak peek up at the signs (which are reversed to the path's view, just lean past the rope and see).

You could very well be "Camper(s) of the Day" and be in the parade - IF - you are a family and have kids over age 5 (which I believe is standard policy for age limit).

We were chosen this way... we got bumped (accidently) by a different castmember... so a CM got us 4 free, 1 day, comp. park hoppers good 'til 2030. Naturally we used them the next day!:lol:

She used the "magic" she had to do this.

I guess it helped that we had it all on film.:cool:

tigger1968

We were in the MK parade, and I can assure you that your information isn't correct. I'm not going to tell you where we were, cause that would ruin the Magic! :)

We were in the MK parade, and I can assure you that your information isn't correct. I'm not going to tell you where we were, cause that would ruin the Magic! :)

I can also say for certain that this isnt true, as I am fortunate to have been in the AK parade twice now and that location has nothing to do with it.:animwink:

palmage

We were Grand Marshals at MK and we were picked as we entered the park.
I think it's very random indeed.
A CM saw my Father with a gaggle of Grandkids hanging on him.
The CM just walked up and said "are those all yours?"
When my father told him they were, the CM invited them to be in the parade.

This all happened around 10:00AM

BeckyBella

Several years ago DH and I were in Tusker House and were approached by a CM to be in MJJP. I'm sure they pick guests randomly, but the cast members in charge of the parade participants probably have favorite places where they like to look. I'm also certain the most inportant thing they look for is people are look like they are enjoying themselves! The CM that picked us even said "y'all look like you're having a good time". They don't want to pick the family with the father yelling at the son that "he's paid $$$ for the tickets and by-golly he's going to get his money's worth and ride every ride and I don't care how much your feet hurt". But that's another thread... One more piece of advice...if the CM asks if you are sticking around to see the parade, your answer is automatically "why yes, we were" even if you weren't! :sohappy:

patsfan24

I was in the parade too, me and my sis were picked to be in the parade when were walking down Main Street about an hour before the parade. Completely random.

WDWKat26

Don't forget, there's also the Main Street Family Fun Day Parade. It happens at 12:30, 1:30 and 4:00 in the Magic Kingdom every day. Guests get to parade down the street with Pluto, Daisy, Chip and Dale, Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow. It's made for Families so that they can be in a parade. Check it out!

DH and I were Grand Marshalls ofMGM Parade on our Honeymoon and that was random...DH was just chatting with a CM in the early morning and the CM offered for us to return later that day to participate. My DS and DD were also the "rope holders" to complete the parade at MGM last summer. We were just hangin' by the Star Tours entrance discussing who would save a parade spot and who would go play with the kids at the HISTKAMS while waiting for the parade, when a CM approached and invited the kids to watch the parade from a special location and then participate.

kadesha

we were chosen to be grand marshals of the family fun day parade. I was sitting on a bench in Tomorrowland when approached.

My girls were also chosen to be rope carriers in the MGM parade. We were waiting across from Star Tours 1 hour ahead of time for the parade when we were approached and moved to a special viewing location.

julwh

I have marched in the parades at MGM during Star Wars Weekends for the past three years. Of course, I am one of those Star Wars geeks with stormtrooper armor . . . . :D

It is an AWESOME feeling to walk by the crowds, hear the noise, see everyone waving.

crowan

I was in a Disney Parade at the magic Kingdom in High school with my Marching band, and I'd have to say No thats not true. You have to plan ahead if you want to be in the parades with disney's people.

How would you go about doing that?? :drevil:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom