Pre-Trip Being a Bridesmaid in my Friend's Disney Wedding!/ Planning a trip where everything is subject to change due to MDE being down all the time

I know what you're thinking- Leia, you haven't even finished your trip report from November.

I know, I know. I will finish it.

But I just booked the hotel and have one dining reservation linked, so I am pretty dang excited!

So, I will finish that, and then truly get started on this.

I can get some details out of the way though:

When- October 14-19
Where- Pop Century
Why- I've got a friend getting married on the 17th on property!
Who- me, some friends, and some people I have never met (all on the groom's side of the family/friend group)
What- Princess Leia's second pre-trip report

MinnieM123

Premium Member
What color/style are the bridesmaid dresses? Do you like the style? (Hopefully you can wear yours again someplace. Some bridesmaid dresses nowadays are very wearable, after the wedding.)

Princess Leia

Original Poster
What color/style are the bridesmaid dresses? Do you like the style? (Hopefully you can wear yours again someplace. Some bridesmaid dresses nowadays are very wearable, after the wedding.)
We get to choose whatever we want! It’s a pretty small wedding, and there are only two bridesmaids, so she doesn’t care too much (unlike all of the other weddings I have been in). One idea that we have is to wear dresses from The Dress Shop on Cherry Street Lane.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
FastPass+ Day is tomorrow!

Here is what I am hoping to get:

Animal Kingdom-
Na’vi River Journey
Everest
Safari

Epcot-
Soarin
Spaceship Earth
Living with the Land

Most of Epcot will be spent in the WS, but I would like to get these three if possible

Since I’ll be at the Halloween party, I don’t think I can schedule any MK FP until that day when I arrive at 4 (I think that’s how it works)

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Current FP+ schedule (that I changed like 3 times yesterday):

10/15: Animal Kingdom
  • 10-11: Kilimanjaro Safaris
  • 11:05-12:05: Na'vi River Journey
  • 12:55-1:55: Expedition Everest
10/16: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
Since I can arrive at the park at 4, this is my schedule pre-party
  • 3:25-4:25: Peter Pan's Flight
  • 4:25-5:25: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • 5:30-6: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
10/17: Jules & Doug's Boardwalk wedding/ Epcot
  • 10:35-11:35: Soarin'
  • 11:40-12:40: Spaceship Earth

Now, all of this is subject to change, again, because one of our friends (who I am in charge of for FP+) and her BF have yet to buy their park tickets. So who knows what this will really look like in 2 months?!

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Bit of an update-

I am still the only person in the hotel room who has purchased tickets for, well, anything. The other three people have yet to buy plane and park tickets, which is slightly frustrating for me because I’m planning FP+ for 2 of them, and would also like to get a lunch reservation somewhere for the 16th, and would like to know if I need to book it for one or three people.

I had to cancel my Peter Pan FP+. We’ll be going to Trader Sam’s that day, and I didn’t realize it only opened at 4:00. It’s okay though, if I don’t get to ride it at the party, I won’t be upset.

Lastly, the officiant friend of the groom dropped out, so the other bridesmaid might get that job.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Bit of an update-

I am still the only person in the hotel room who has purchased tickets for, well, anything. The other three people have yet to buy plane and park tickets, which is slightly frustrating for me because I’m planning FP+ for 2 of them, and would also like to get a lunch reservation somewhere for the 16th, and would like to know if I need to book it for one or three people.

I had to cancel my Peter Pan FP+. We’ll be going to Trader Sam’s that day, and I didn’t realize it only opened at 4:00. It’s okay though, if I don’t get to ride it at the party, I won’t be upset.

Lastly, the officiant friend of the groom dropped out, so the other bridesmaid might get that job.

Sounds like the itinerary is definitely "fluid" for this group?! ;) Hang in there--somehow, it will all work out.

winstongator

Current FP+ schedule (that I changed like 3 times yesterday):

10/15: Animal Kingdom
  • 10-11: Kilimanjaro Safaris
  • 11:05-12:05: Na'vi River Journey
  • 12:55-1:55: Expedition Everest
10/16: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
Since I can arrive at the park at 4, this is my schedule pre-party
  • 3:25-4:25: Peter Pan's Flight
  • 4:25-5:25: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • 5:30-6: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
10/17: Jules & Doug's Boardwalk wedding/ Epcot
  • 10:35-11:35: Soarin'
  • 11:40-12:40: Spaceship Earth

Now, all of this is subject to change, again, because one of our friends (who I am in charge of for FP+) and her BF have yet to buy their park tickets. So who knows what this will really look like in 2 months?!
Do you not like Flight of Passage, or was it not available?

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Do you not like Flight of Passage, or was it not available?
I love FoP, but it wasn’t available. FP+ wasn’t available for the last trip either, but the queue is so great, and AK is still kind of a half day park, so none of us are too upset about having to wait in the queue. I’m actually hoping to ride it twice- once at rope drop, and then again later in the day.

winstongator

I love FoP, but it wasn’t available. FP+ wasn’t available for the last trip either, but the queue is so great, and AK is still kind of a half day park, so none of us are too upset about having to wait in the queue. I’m actually hoping to ride it twice- once at rope drop, and then again later in the day.
Yes, still a hard one to get. People with longer trips are getting them. I have a 10 day stretch planned at thanksgiving. The parks will be crazy at the end of the trip, but that’s when we’ll have th most luck for FoP and slinky dog.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Making my Halloween costume from scratch for the first time in a couple years. Who will I be?

2180AAF0-A7AC-4D90-BED9-8048E3F81091.jpeg

Captain Marvel!

I ordered a navy 3/4 length sleeve top and red gloves, so now I just need to figure out the rest of the outfit (navy leggings, fabric paint for the top half of the shirt, red fabric and a pin for the hip sash, and red shoes). I’m already pretty blonde (thanks to bleach), so I’ll be sure to get that touched up before the trip too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom