Pre-Trip Being a Bridesmaid in my Friend's Disney Wedding!/ Planning a trip where everything is subject to change due to MDE being down all the time

I know what you're thinking- Leia, you haven't even finished your trip report from November.

I know, I know. I will finish it.

But I just booked the hotel and have one dining reservation linked, so I am pretty dang excited!

So, I will finish that, and then truly get started on this.

I can get some details out of the way though:

When- October 14-19
Where- Pop Century
Why- I've got a friend getting married on the 17th on property!
Who- me, some friends, and some people I have never met (all on the groom's side of the family/friend group)
What- Princess Leia's second pre-trip report

Princess Leia

Original Poster
So I’m working on my Halloween costume today. My shoes came in last week:
43E9888F-15BD-4B78-A630-AD060E6C66C1.jpeg
DBAA3A2D-AE66-41B8-A6D8-B3417BFD4CC1.jpeg

And this is the progress I’ve made on the shirt:
459C9530-5DA1-4EC4-8951-1C80BE1FAB61.jpeg
Waiting for the paint to dry before putting another layer on (then doing the back).

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Schedule (which could always change a bit):

Sunday 10/14
  • Carlie & Matt arrive in the afternoon
    • Not sure if they plan to go to Disney Springs for dinner
  • I arrive at night
    • Probably stopping at the food court to get a pizza for the room
Monday 10/15
  • Rope drop Animal Kingdom and head straight for Flight of Passage
  • FP+1: Everest (9:15)
  • FP+2: Na'vi River Journey (11:05)
  • lunch at Satu'li canteen
  • FP+3: Kilimanjaro Safaris (12:45)
  • Julia & Doug arrive that afternoon and meet us at the park
  • Post AK- we go to the Boardwalk
Tuesday 10/16
  • Julia, Doug, Matt, & Carlie all go to the MK
    • I sleep in
  • I eventually go to Disney Springs to find a dress and eat lunch at the Edison (11:45)
  • Carlie, Matt and I all go back to the hotel to change for the Halloween Party
  • Kristine (Doug's friend) arrives at MCO at 3:30
  • Carlie, Matt and I meet up with Jules and Doug at Trader Sam's (4:00)
  • We all end up back at MK (5:00)
  • Dinner at Pecos Bill's (Jules and Doug will be leaving the park by 6)
  • Halloween Party
Wednesday 10/17
  • Jules and Doug wake up at some ridiculous hour in the morning for hair/makeup/pictures
  • They're sending their limo to Pop to pick up me, Kristine, Carlie and Matt
  • Wedding: 9:30 AM
    • Followed by cake and champagne
      • Paging @BuddyThomas, this is the earliest I will have had anything to drink on Disney property
  • Then it's off to Epcot!
  • FP+1: Spaceship Earth (10:35- probably getting to the park at 11)
  • FP+2: Living with the Land (1:10)
  • FP+3: Soarin' (2:35)
  • Food and Wine throughout all of this
  • 38 Special (maybe, I'd like to see them)
  • Wedding dessert party
  • Then probably hanging out at the Boardwalk some more, eating cake
Thursday 10/18
  • Uber or Lyft to Universal
    • (I still need to buy my tickets)
  • Spend most of the day in the Wizarding World for the post-wedding Bachelorette party...
    • ... that also will include the groom and Matt
    • Scavenger Hunt!!!!
  • Possibly end up at Abracadabar
  • Then packing time for me :(
Friday 10/19
  • I leave (Tragic Express picks me up at 3:30 in the gorram morning)
  • DHS for everyone else
  • Kristine is picked up by the Tragic Express at 3
  • Who knows what's happening that night lol
Saturday 10/20
  • Carlie and Matt leave that afternoon
  • Jules and Doug leave for their cruise that night (I think)

Princess Leia

Original Poster
So, two weeks from now, we’ll be having a great time at Animal Kingdom.

Today, however, I think I have the flu. So much for working on my costume or shopping for Minnie Ears supplies, my energy is 100% gone right now.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So, two weeks from now, we’ll be having a great time at Animal Kingdom.

Today, however, I think I have the flu. So much for working on my costume or shopping for Minnie Ears supplies, my energy is 100% gone right now.

Isn't timing a royal pain in the behind?! :banghead: Bummer that you're ill now, but I imagine you'll be much better by the time you leave for vacation--better that it happened now, as opposed to your day of journey to WDW.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Alright, the next thing to be changing on this trip- my costume. 90 degrees and 75% humidity is not ideal weather for long sleeves, so unfortunately, I'm going to have to put my Captain Marvel dreams away :( Oh well, I'll finish the costume and wear it for other things this month.

Looks like I need to go to my parents' house to pick up my Rey costume (not homemade, but much lighter than what I'd be sweating in for CM)

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Leaving tomorrow.

:jawdrop:

How did this trip sneak up on me like this, it doesn’t feel like i’m supposed to be leaving yet?

Plan for today- I’m walking in my area’s Walk to End Alzheimer’s this morning (both of my grandpas had it, and my living grandma has another form of dementia, so this is a cause that’s pretty close to home for me). Ohio being Ohio, the weather was so hot for half of the week, before getting to be normal fall temperatures. So my body’s going to go through a bit of shock when I get to Orlando lol. By shifting my wardrobes around though, I’m realizing that I need to pick a few things up at the store (mostly shorts and sports bras), since I have a feeling I will be sweating through every inch of clothing I own :grumpy:

My town over the next few days:

DBA03D29-4BEC-413D-9DCB-9AEAC929E91B.jpeg

Orlando:
8AD2E7E5-3A29-4327-9763-FA2D49BD75D3.jpeg

After the walk & shopping, it’s back to my place to finish the Minnie ears and packing. Then I definitely need to clean up my apartment because it looks like a tornado went through it.

Tomorrow- departure day- now looks verrrry different from what I thought it would. I got a call from my mom a few days ago asking me to help take care of my grandma for a few hours. My grandma’s mental health has really declined over the past couple years, and she really can’t stay at home alone anymore. Long story short, a family member who was going to spend the early afternoon with her no longer could, so enter the runner-up Granddaughter of the Year (I have another cousin who would probably win first place lol). After that, I’m booking it to the airport, and off I go!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom