Pre-Trip Bee's Big Birthday!

Intro

For those who don't know me, I'm Bee, an opera-singing, Epcot-loving, ex-Floridian now living in New Jersey just outside of New York City. My wife M and I both grew up going to Walt Disney World and carried our love of Disney into adulthood. We buy WDW Annual Passes every other year and take 3-4 trips during the "on" years, and we often meet up with her parents in Florida since they live a couple hours away from Disney.

I am turning 30 this year and I've been trying to figure out the best way to celebrate. 2018-2019 is an "off" year for WDW so that's not an option. My birthday is also very close to Christmas so most destinations are extra expensive and crowded when I want to travel.

Our close friend S is married to a US Naval officer, and they're currently living in Japan where he is stationed for the next few years. She is enjoying it but she's understandably lonely and wants as many American friends to come visit as possible. They also happen to have a three bedroom house for just the two of them where guests can stay for free.

Put all of this together, plus the fact that M has a decent chunk of paid vacation around Christmas, and you get:

A BIRTHDAY TRIP TO JAPAN!!!

Obviously there will be Disney park visits, but there will be much more! I'll post more specifics later, but the countdown has begun and we're already in double digits! If you have travel tips for visiting Japan in general or the Tokyo parks specifically, please post them! We have both traveled overseas but never to Asia so we'll take any advice we can get! :D

bee

Original Poster
B3A05ED1-AD9E-46DD-B03E-6BD936B36A67.jpeg

Hi from Phoenix! We are here for the next three hours until the short flight from PHX to SNA. Waiting for some veggie tacos and torta for lunch/dinner/whatever meal is appropriate right now.

ThemedScream

While you're in Frontierland today, keep an eye out for a CM (retail lead) named Johnny. He'll be there from 10-6, and I've sent him to work today with a few little gifts for ya, so say hi if you see him! It's nothing crazy, so don't feel bad if you don't spot him, haha. Just thought it'd be fun. Happy Birthday!

Edit: He got moved and will now be in Fantasyland today, and just from 2-6. But he says if you're around during that time you can just ask for him at any retail counter in Frontier/Fantasyland and he'll come a runnin'.

Last edited:

bee

Original Poster
While you're in Frontierland today, keep an eye out for a CM (retail lead) named Johnny. He'll be there from 10-6, and I've sent him to work today with a few little gifts for ya, so say hi if you see him! It's nothing crazy, so don't feel bad if you don't spot him, haha. Just thought it'd be fun. Happy Birthday!

Edit: He got moved and will now be in Fantasyland today, and just from 2-6. But he says if you're around during that time you can just ask for him at any retail counter in Frontier/Fantasyland and he'll come a runnin'.
Omg that is so sweet!! I’ll keep you updated!

ThemedScream

@captnblue I went to three different Fantasyland stores around 5:30. At the first two they didn’t know who Johnny was and at the third they said he left for the day already. I tried! 😿

Haha, awww, that's a bummer! He was the lead in the area so they could have just called him lol but oh well. Like I said it was nothing too fancy - a few trading pins (including Genie as a bee!), a Tokyo birthday sticker, Mickey Mouse birthday button, and a couple of vouchers for free snacks.

But anyway, glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves and can't wait to hear all about it! Safe travels!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Haha, awww, that's a bummer! He was the lead in the area so they could have just called him lol but oh well. Like I said it was nothing too fancy - a few trading pins (including Genie as a bee!), a Tokyo birthday sticker, Mickey Mouse birthday button, and a couple of vouchers for free snacks.

But anyway, glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves and can't wait to hear all about it! Safe travels!

What a nice gesture from you, however. That probably meant just as much to her, as if she did connect with him.

bee

Original Poster

That is SO sweet of you to even think of me. Maybe I seemed too crazy, running around between Fantasyland stores in the dark in my WDW spirit Jersey, and they thought they were protecting Johnny from a lunatic :hilarious:

What a nice gesture from you, however. That probably meant just as much to her, as if she did connect with him.
Yes, exactly! Disney people are the best people!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom