Beer in the parks

GrumpyDude

PS - The Germany Pavilion has Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen Grapefruit Bier.

As the name implies, it’s brewed with pink grapefruit and it’s DELICIOUS.
Schofferhofer-Grapefruit-Epcot.jpg

I don’t even LIKE grapefruit but it’s become my go-to treat at Epcot, just as the Dole Whip is my go-to at the Magic Kingdom
I agree. I never drank alcohol in EPCOT until I tasted the grapefruit beer. I'm a big fan now.

awywias

Original Poster
Thank you for all the replies! Yes, I know my FIL has horrible beer taste, but he's stubborn and we have a hard time getting him to try new things. My hubby and I love trying new beers (and are very excited to try all the German beers), but he is just set in his ways! Lol

Weather_Lady

Thank you for all the replies! Yes, I know my FIL has horrible beer taste, but he's stubborn and we have a hard time getting him to try new things. My hubby and I love trying new beers (and are very excited to try all the German beers), but he is just set in his ways! Lol
I ran it through the touringplans.com menu search tool. According to the site (*note that some inventories may have changed, so you'll have to check again once on-property), you can order Coors Light at several restaurants, including City Works Eatery & Pour House (Disney Springs), Rainforest Cafe (Disney Springs), Raglan Road (Disney Springs), and Sanaa (AKL Kidani) as well as at beverage carts at Blizzard Beach, and at many of the resort lounges and/or pool bars (e.g., Boatwright's, Cape May, Belle Vue Lounge, Leaping Horse Libations, Crew's Cup, Ale & Compass etc.)

You can also buy it as a grab-and-go item at many of the resort mercantiles.

Search for "Coors" if you want to see the whole list. http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/dining/menus

awywias

Original Poster
I ran it through the touringplans.com menu search tool. According to the site (*note that some inventories may have changed, so you'll have to check again once on-property), you can order Coors Light at several restaurants, including City Works Eatery & Pour House (Disney Springs), Rainforest Cafe (Disney Springs), Raglan Road (Disney Springs), and Sanaa (AKL Kidani) as well as at beverage carts at Blizzard Beach, and at many of the resort lounges and/or pool bars (e.g., Boatwright's, Cape May, Belle Vue Lounge, Leaping Horse Libations, Crew's Cup, Ale & Compass etc.)

Search for "Coors" if you want to see the whole list. http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/dining/menus
Thank you! I didn't even know you could do that!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
PS - The Germany Pavilion has Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen Grapefruit Bier.

As the name implies, it’s brewed with pink grapefruit and it’s DELICIOUS.
Schofferhofer-Grapefruit-Epcot.jpg

I don’t even LIKE grapefruit but it’s become my go-to treat at Epcot, just as the Dole Whip is my go-to at the Magic Kingdom
FYI, that beer is only 2.5% abv. You'll get more of a buzz by taking a benedryl. Not saying that you're drinking to get hammered. If you enjoy it for the taste, then cheers!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Beersandears.net used to be a go-to source for beer availability at WDW but I’m pretty sure it stopped getting updated about 5 years ago. They have a FB page also but it’s just as out of date.

Searching allears or touringplans is likely your best bet.

Rob562

If you find yourself at Universal, Coors Light is sold in bottles at most of the non-Potter bar locations in the parks. (Their draft light option is usually Bud Light)

-Rob

Heppenheimer

PS- I haven't been there since 2017, but I recall that the German beers at the pavilion are pretty widely available throughout the US. About the rarest one I remember seeing was Hofbräu, which is still pretty easy to find.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
PS- I haven't been there since 2017, but I recall that the German beers at the pavilion are pretty widely available throughout the US. About the rarest one I remember seeing was Hofbräu, which is still pretty easy to find.

I remember way back in the late 90s taking my wife to dinner at the Biergarten and she had a limited beer vocabulary. They had the Hacker-Pschorr and Paulaner Octoberfests and it was her first step into a larger world (much later she worked for about 5 years as a bartender at a pub with 30 constantly rotating taps which had a beer club and she tried over 500 different beers there before it sadly closed). It does make me sad that none of the Epcot pavilions have the 'local' brews like they used to back then.

dovetail65

FYI, that beer is only 2.5% abv. You'll get more of a buzz by taking a benedryl. Not saying that you're drinking to get hammered. If you enjoy it for the taste, then cheers!
For a non drinker one and they feel it, I do.

From what I have just read and I may be wrong, but isn't it a shandy? It appears this product is 50% Hefeweizen beer with 50% grapefruit juice and not a beer brewed with grapefruit during the fermenting process, it is mixed together 50/50.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

From what I have just read and I may be wrong, but isn't it a shandy? It appears this product is 50% Hefeweizen beer with 50% grapefruit juice and not a beer brewed with grapefruit during the fermenting process, it is mixed together 50/50.
It's 50% pointless. I joke, I joke. If people enjoy it, more power to em.

Heppenheimer

Radler is just a regular beer with a fruit-flavored soda mixed in. The mixing can be done prior to bottling or at the tap. It isn't brewed that way.

Heppenheimer

It's 50% pointless. I joke, I joke. If people enjoy it, more power to em.
The reason Radler exists is in the name. It comes from the German word for bicycle, "Fahrrad". Germans on cycle tours would request beer mixed with lemon soda so that they could continue riding without getting intoxicated or dehydrated. Eventually, it became a favorite on hot summer days.

I used to love beer, particularly Belgian and German, but I simply can't tolerate alcohol anymore. Radler is now just about the only alcoholic beverage that doesn't make me sick, and I can't have more than one small serving.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The reason Radler exists is in the name. It comes from the German word for bicycle, "Fahrrad". Germans on cycle tours would request beer mixed with lemon soda so that they could continue riding without getting intoxicated or dehydrated. Eventually, it became a favorite on hot summer days.

I used to love beer, particularly Belgian and German, but I simply can't tolerate alcohol anymore. Radler is now just about the only alcoholic beverage that doesn't make me sick, and I can't have more than one small serving.
What kinda defeatist attitude is that?

get back up on that horse and RIDE IT

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom