Beer in room

sjurik

Does anyone know how to get a case of beer back to a Disney resort? We will be at ss and won't have a car. Do you know if the resort will sell 6 packs or where else to get them?

Phonedave

BRILLIANT!!! I wonder how long it would take us to walk from the Boardwalk to Wilderness Lodge...................:ROFLOL:

I went with my brother last year and we were in Kidani.

We went to DTD via bus. He walked to the Hess station and got back on the Disney Bus to Kidani with two cases of beer. He got a lot of jealous looks from all the other guys who were on the bus with shopping bags. :D

-dave

Upvote 0

baymenxpac

We like to stay at Boardwalk - so my DH heads to the Hess Station across the street.

He takes one of our WHEELED SUITCASES with him, loads it up with beer and water and rolls back home. :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

He gets some strange looks, but it works. (btw, it was my idea!)

totally baller idea. and yeah, i just said that!

stayed at the boardwalk before, gotten gas at that hess about 900 times and the thought NEVER occurred to me.

needless to say when we stay at the boardwalk in february, we'll be following your lead!

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

We have stayed at many resorts, from POP to GF, and have always carted in 2 cases of beer along with our other purchases from a nearby Hess. Cab ride round trip never more than $20 with tip! Cost of a case, under $20, if purchased at WDW, $5.50 per 16oz bottle:hammer:Get the cab, get the beer, and have fun.

Upvote 0

adamcav

Somewhere off site is the best bet. I was in the Fantasia Market at Contemporary yesterday and I noticed that a six-pack (Miller Lite is what I saw on the shelf) was $15.

Upvote 0
I remember 12 packs being the normal price at the Hess station, $8.99 for bud, Coors etc.

Have to say our cart does not look classy rolling into the hotel, I drive so I always have a case of water, 12 pack of beer, bottle of Captain Morgan, couple 2 liter cokes (mixer) and a couple of bags of snacks Sorry but what I carry in is probably some thing like $1,000 if I bought it at Disney. A beer is something like $6 in the store at the WL. If you smoke I don't even want to know what they charge for a pack of cigarettes??? $20???

I think I want to travel with you next time! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

I went with my brother last year and we were in Kidani.

We went to DTD via bus. He walked to the Hess station and got back on the Disney Bus to Kidani with two cases of beer. He got a lot of jealous looks from all the other guys who were on the bus with shopping bags. :D

-dave

I can imagine!

We nipped over to Hess for a quick look round before dinner at Raglan Road. Needless to say we HAD to buy four bags full of beer, wine, chips etc so had them rolling round under the table throughout our meal. ! It was well worth it though.

Upvote 0

danpam1024

We like to stay at Boardwalk - so my DH heads to the Hess Station across the street.

He takes one of our WHEELED SUITCASES with him, loads it up with beer and water and rolls back home. :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

He gets some strange looks, but it works. (btw, it was my idea!)

lol! that is such a good idea! We drive so I go to Publix and pick up snacks/drinks etc. The savings is worth cab fare. And Goodings costs a fortune. There used to be a Winn Dixie near DTD, but idk if it is still there.

Upvote 0

greebomusic

A case costs $40 in PA (and Orlando)? :eek:

It may be worth it to drive to Ohio. Most of the brands you list can be purchased for under $20/case here.

I'm dying from sticker shock myself! Under $20 a case here in Michigan also...

I'm liking the Hess idea... any idea if the have Labatt (or New Castle)?

Upvote 0

worldfanatic

Because we both love beer, and generally start our WDW trips at the Boardwalk, the Hess station is always our first destination after checking in.

I shudder to think what our bar tab would be without the Hess station.:eek:

Upvote 0
Just used Garden Grocer in September and had no issue adding a case of beer to my order. Slightly pricey. $34 for a case of Yeungling bottles, but saved me a trip to anywhere.

Upvote 0

b94ronman

Was there earlier this month.....took the bus to and from downtown Disney from Caribbean beach, get off at the 2nd stop (pleasure island) or its a long walk across the parking lot.....an 18 pack of Heineken bottles was 19.99......a 24 pack of 24 in Pittsburgh is around $26...so the prices were almost the same......I asked if I could take it on the bus and was told as long as I don't open any of the bottles it wasn't a problem......needless to say.....I was the envy of many......I always take a 6pm flight out of Pittsburgh that arrives in Orlando around 830.....magical express gets to the hotel around 9:30pm......I head to my room then directly to downtown Disney....hit Hess station to get stocked-up.....back to the room....then to the pool for some night swimming......

Upvote 0

sjurik

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks to everyone with their input. We decided on Garden Grocer. The determining factor was that it will be in our room cold as soon as we arrive. I will also look to making the short trek to DTD if we run out but that was the best way to start the trip.

Upvote 0
Thanks to everyone with their input. We decided on Garden Grocer. The determining factor was that it will be in our room cold as soon as we arrive. I will also look to making the short trek to DTD if we run out but that was the best way to start the trip.

I agree....relax the minute you arrive! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom