Bedazzled Sleeping Beauty's Castle

MainSt1993

Original Poster
As we get set to say goodbye to the bedazzled Sleeping Beauty's Castle at the end of the 50th celebration, do you miss it already, or good riddance?

JackSkellington

As we get set to say goodbye to the bedazzled Sleeping Beauty's Castle at the end of the 50th celebration, do you miss it already, or good riddance?
I thought the castle looked rather nice for the time. But it needs to go. I miss the old castle, plus there are so many pics of the glittered castle, it wont be hard to find it should the occasional "missing of glittered castle" syndrome occur.:eek: lol.

netenyahoo

The crowns have to go sometime. I will miss the brilliant colors as I've read the castle will be repainted in more subtle colors.

JJE

I will realy miss the 50th celebration look but it has to go.Because it has to become the famouse landmark that everybody knows again.:king:

rbrower

I never got to go to Disneyland during the 50th. I was supposed to go but it was the day that they thought the terrorists were trying to blow stuff up (I didn't want to fly that day.) So, when I go next year, It will be the first time that I see it for real.
Yeah, my 400th post!:sohappy: :sohappy: :wave:

KCBroadway

Does anyone know when they're going to start removing the castle decorations? I'm going to be there in about 2 weeks for the 1/2 marathon and was curious if there would be cranes and stuff up like at WDW.

TP2000

Does anyone know when they're going to start removing the castle decorations? I'm going to be there in about 2 weeks for the 1/2 marathon and was curious if there would be cranes and stuff up like at WDW.

The Castle decoration removal doesn't start until October. Even then, there won't be cranes up during operating hours. They'll put up tarps on one third of the Castle at a time in phases from early October to mid November, mainly to repaint and repair some holes that were punched to hold the decorations and jewels.

For the Half-Marathon weekend, the Castle will still be in all of its 50th glory. In fact, the Park as a whole will still be totally decked out. And I believe that is the last weekend for the full 50th treatment. By the following week they'll begin removing some 50th decorations and elements around the Resort as they install the Halloween stuff. Disneyland's HalloweenTime begins September 29th.

The only thing you'll miss during the Half-Marathon is the Haunted Mansion, which will be closed for its annual refurbishment and changeover to the Holiday version that opens September 29th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom