Bed Rails for Toddler

Frogglet

Original Poster
We are traveling in April with an almost 3 year old. She is still in a crib now and probably will be still in April. We are staying in AoA in a Little Mermaid room. We had a trial night in a room with 2 double beds last night and she fell out twice (onto pillows and she is fine) but what our our options for our week long trip? Is there a bed rail that we can buy, rent or get from the resort to help? Any advice is appreciated.

DisneyDreamer08

You can request a bed rail for your stay. All Disney resorts have them.
If you are planning on renting items
(stroller, crib etc) I highly recommend A Baby's Best Friend. We rented a crib from them this past September. They delivered and picked up right to our hotel door. And they do have bed rails. Super friendly and the best prices I could find :)
https://www.abbf.com/

Last edited:

buseegal

have a grandson who would kick the bed rail out and the rail to the floor. since you have some time before your trip I would look at finding a toddler bed for her to use at home before the trip.. I was not so lucky with our daughters as both went over the crib rail at 13 months and moved to twin beds by 15 months. in fact one went over for the first time just days after her first steps

jaklgreen

We never used bed rails, just asked for more pillows and put them on the side of the bed where they would have fallen out. But we were lucky and neither of our kids ever fell out of the bed. I guess you can get one of those small blow up toddler air mattresses and put it on the floor.

oliviosis

We just returned from our trip a few weeks ago. My youngest is 20 months old and I didn't want to deal with getting a crib since he sleeps on a cot at daycare just fine. I requested bed rails for his bed which was a fold down bed that turns into a couch (we stayed at the Contemporary). This bed was pretty low to the ground. Anyway, the bed rails cover about half the bed. He fell out three times that first night! :( After that, we requested another rail and I set both up side by side and then I slept on his other side. If I had to do it all again, I'd just have rented a full sized crib. We all would've been much more comfortable (hubby had to sleep with our 5 year old who kicked and squirmed all night!).

DiSnEyF@n

We are staying at AOA in a little mermaid room and I'm afraid we will not have room for a crib. Plus she will almost be 3 when we travel she may be out of a crib by then.

Totally understand. Maybe practicing more at home sleeping in a bed. We didn't have an issue with bedrails at the Swan and Dolphin. Hopefully she'll be sooooo tired that she sleeps without rolling around? Lol

G00fyDad

We are staying at AOA in a little mermaid room and I'm afraid we will not have room for a crib. Plus she will almost be 3 when we travel she may be out of a crib by then.

The bedrails are pretty sturdy. My son moved around like he was on a playground when he slept at that age. He never kicked the bedrail out that Disney provided. However, if that is a concern for you put the bedrail on the inside edge of one of the beds (the side closest to the other bed) and scoot the bedside table down just slightly and it will help keep the bedrail in place during the night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom