Because you all understand...

Kate Alan

Just booked a room from Jan. 30th through Feb. 5th next year, even though I'll be down in WDW this December. I have an annual pass for the first time, a free RT flight with points, and the hotel deal was just around a hundred a night, so I decided to lock the rate in while I could.

Most people at home are going to give me the side eye over this, lol, especially since I also just came back from DLR about two weeks ago, so I wanted to share my excitement here where people understand why I'd book yet another Disney trip!

Beckett

This sounds just like me every time I have to tell my family I'm leaving to WDW...AGAIN :inlove: :hilarious: and you know what? I feel bad for the few who roll their eyes...at least I've found my happy place and I have a passion. I'm a young mom and most of my friends see partying and drinking as a priority and I see being with my daughter and saving for our adventures as mine. Creating memories is what life is for. Let's just have fun creating all of ours ;).

Upvote 0

draybook

Just booked a room from Jan. 30th through Feb. 5th next year, even though I'll be down in WDW this December. I have an annual pass for the first time, a free RT flight with points, and the hotel deal was just around a hundred a night, so I decided to lock the rate in while I could.

Most people at home are going to give me the side eye over this, lol, especially since I also just came back from DLR about two weeks ago, so I wanted to share my excitement here where people understand why I'd book yet another Disney trip!

Nothing wrong with that! We'll be renewing our AP's this September when we're down there and we're already booked to go back from January 26th until February 3rd!

Upvote 0

StephK

Wow do i know how you feel!! We're from Australia & people think I'm crazy flying all the way to the USA to spend 10 days outside Disney then 10 nights at WDW they don't understand and just think its one theme park that sells hot dogs and has a few rides, grinds my bones bit but at least i have these forums where the Disney magic is alive and the people sane :)

Upvote 0

marissieviolissie

Ah that's the reply I get at work: "aren't you done with that by now? I'd have enough after 1 visit..."
Well great, the more people think like that, the quieter it will get in the end :D
Everytime someone asks me where I'm going I'm just saying: "uh, guess. "
And I already know their reaction. But seriously? I don't care. It's my life, my vacation and my money. So I'm just going to keep saying it when they ask me and enjoy myself no matter what anyone else thinks :)

Upvote 0

Redhawk

I totally understand. I could go to many places and yet a Disney World vacation is guaranteed relaxation and simple joy. I'm so lucky my husband sees it the same way; it's been our winter escape for many years, and we often think of going a second time in spring or fall!

Upvote 0

MRGEFF

Ah that's the reply I get at work: "aren't you done with that by now? I'd have enough after 1 visit..."
Well great, the more people think like that, the quieter it will get in the end :D
Everytime someone asks me where I'm going I'm just saying: "uh, guess. "
And I already know their reaction. But seriously? I don't care. It's my life, my vacation and my money. So I'm just going to keep saying it when they ask me and enjoy myself no matter what anyone else thinks :)
Hear! Hear! We get the same reaction with 28 times under our belt and the next trip is in 96 days.

Upvote 0

MRGEFF

I totally understand. I could go to many places and yet a Disney World vacation is guaranteed relaxation and simple joy. I'm so lucky my husband sees it the same way; it's been our winter escape for many years, and we often think of going a second time in spring or fall!
By all means, try the spring for Epcot's F&G . Then the fall for F&W. Spring and Fall are the best times, we think.

Upvote 0

Disney4family

People seem to understand when I tell them it's my "Sandals". Then they understand it's about personal enjoyment and entertainment, good restaurants, pools, etc. At least they seem to. If they don't and still tell me they don't get it, I just say, "Good. You won't be in line ahead of me."

Have a magical time every time you go!

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

ah, the beauty of having a AP. We will be getting our APs in November and now that we live about 6.5 hours from the world I anticipate numerous long weekend get aways in the next year!!! The last time we had APs I racked up 23 days in WDW and we were living in western NY at the time. Having that AP takes a big bite out of the pricing for numerous trips. We figure it is like this when people say, "there is more to life than wdw" those are the same people that are going to the beach several times a year or the Caribbean or Vegas, etc. Those things don't appeal to us and wdw does. Enjoy your trip. I expect that we will have a short trip at the end of January as our anniversary is on the 30th and we like to go to WDW during that time. Oh, and I have never been to the F & G festival so that is on my radar too. ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom