Beast's Castle

wizards8507

Original Poster
Considering the fact that Beast's Castle seems to be one of the few "sure things" of the FLE, I was wondering what (if anything) people know about how it's supposed to look, particularly in the Magic Kingdom skyline. Obviously, it's not going to compete with Cinderella's Castle for prominence, but I feel like a miniature version would feel kind of cheap. If the dining area is going to be as expansive as proposed, the footprint itself will have to be enormous, but how high up could it possibly go?

Evil Genius

This is actually something that I've been very curious about myself.

My thought, perhaps in the excavation of the land for the development of the FLE the area where Beast's castle will sit is geographically lower than Cinderella Castle. Therefore it can be a significant height and still not be seen from Main Street.

kap91

Judging from the pictures of the model it does look like the castle on top will be relatively tiny. Just a wild guess but it looks like the top of it is maybe 40 feet off the ground. However, that being said, since its at the very back of the park and behind Snow White and Winnie the pooh (and therefore behind a very tall clump of trees that blocks those buildings) you could have a height similar to the hall of presidents fly tower and possibly still not be seen from main street.

fantasylandmodel.jpg

jt04

Judging from the pictures of the model it does look like the castle on top will be relatively tiny. Just a wild guess but it looks like the top of it is maybe 40 feet off the ground. However, that being said, since its at the very back of the park and behind Snow White and Winnie the pooh (and therefore behind a very tall clump of trees that blocks those buildings) you could have a height similar to the hall of presidents fly tower and possibly still not be seen from main street.

fantasylandmodel.jpg

It is very much a forced perspective element and nowhere near the size of the MK castle which is essentially a building itself. The beast castle will appear to be in the distance. But in real life it looks rather small (judging by the model). I think it will work because if you are looking at the beast castle you can't be looking at Cindy's castle and vice versa so the visual trick shoud work fine. Especially at night! If I were guessing I'd say the top of it will only be 50 ft off the ground and visible only from the Fantasyland area. The more interesting question for me is how they will theme the eastern wall of IaSW. That should be quite interesting.

RSoxNo1

That model is old. On our show this week, we were informed by Jim Hill that back in December he saw an update version of this model where Pixie Hollow wasn't there. Different concepts were being thrown around for the area, and as others have said on here, that area is still in flux.

jt04

That model is old. On our show this week, we were informed by Jim Hill that back in December he saw an update version of this model where Pixie Hollow wasn't there. Different concepts were being thrown around for the area, and as others have said on here, that area is still in flux.

Even Lee says Beast is happening and obviously LM is happening judging by the aerial photo. We need a new aerial photo! My bet is we will be able to tell a lot more in the next aerial view. The FLE is really gaining steam.

Now where is my salt shaker.

Even Lee says Beast is happening and obviously LM is happening judging by the aerial photo. We need a new aerial photo! My bet is we will be able to tell a lot more in the next aerial view. The FLE is really gaining steam.

Now where is my salt shaker.
Yes but that is all that is certain at the moment. Everything else is still fluid and on the bubble at the moment. We just have to wait and see what really comes out of this expansion.

jt04

Yes but that is all that is certain at the moment. Everything else is still fluid and on the bubble at the moment. We just have to wait and see what really comes out of this expansion.

Still waiting for proof of that. Some proof, a shred of proof, a speck of proof, any proof. And a link to that proof.

*crickets*

Still waiting for proof of that. Some proof, a shred of proof, a speck of proof, any proof. And a link to that proof.

*crickets*
Many insiders have said that Pixie Hollow has been scrapped from the plans and that TLM and the Be Our Guest restaurant are the only certain things for this expansion right now.

jt04

Many insiders have said that Pixie Hollow has been scrapped from the plans and that TLM and the Be Our Guest restaurant are the only certain things for this expansion right now.

Yes, and some of those have backtracked from that claim. I do believe PH is being reworked but then there is a new product based on the franchise working its way through the pipeline.

This current controversy reminds of a similar dust up right before the FLE was announced (many insiders were in denial) and the denials just before the AC was shuttered.

Yes, and some of those have backtracked from that claim. I do believe PH is being reworked but then there is a new product based on the franchise working its way through the pipeline.

This current controversy reminds of a similar dust up right before the FLE was announced (many insiders were in denial) and the denials just before the AC was shuttered.
You have a point, but unless the PH reworking is going to include attractions, there is really no point in it being apart of the expansion.

jt04

You have a point, but unless the PH reworking is going to include attractions, there is really no point in it being apart of the expansion.

From your point of view. However if they are truly worried about the princess m&g's being overwhelmed by crowds then they will need the PH m&g's even more. Now if I was in charge (and I'm not, nor do I know anyone associated with any Disney projects) I'd make the PH m&g venue as a larger scale version of Crush at The Seas pavilion. Possibly on the scale of the laugh floor capacity wise.

From your point of view. However if they are truly worried about the princess m&g's being overwhelmed by crowds then they will need the PH m&g's even more. Now if I was in charge (and I'm not, nor do I know anyone associated with any Disney projects) I'd make the PH m&g venue as a larger scale version of Crush at The Seas pavilion. Possibly on the scale of the laugh floor capacity wise.
In the Jim Hill interview they even stated that they are not even sure whats going to happen with the Princess Meet and Greets. I agree with what they are doing because what this expansion needs the most is some C ticket attractions to eat crowds which will solve the capacity problem. Im still puzzled as to what surprises they have planned in the expansion.

PirateFrank

Based on the model, it's quite clear that the Beast's castle will be a forced perspective model *very* similar to France's Eiffel tower in epcot.

jt04

In the Jim Hill interview they even stated that they are not even sure whats going to happen with the Princess Meet and Greets. I agree with what they are doing because what this expansion needs the most is some C ticket attractions to eat crowds which will solve the capacity problem. Im still puzzled as to what surprises they have planned in the expansion.

Me too. Jim Hill is not exactly held up around here as a reliable source. And if Disney "sanitized" the FLE model before allowing him to view it shouldn't be a suprise to anyone.

Based on the model, it's quite clear that the Beast's castle will be a forced perspective model *very* similar to France's Eiffel tower in epcot.

Agreed but hopefully the beast castle will have more fine detail and therefore a more realistic look.

EmperorMilenko

I can't wait to see how they construct and develop Beast's castle. And don't for a minute think PH is scrapped. All origins of this seem to trace back to Jim Hill and if you listen to JH, prepare to be dissapointed.

Lee

Adventurer
I can't wait to see how they construct and develop Beast's castle. And don't for a minute think PH is scrapped. All origins of this seem to trace back to Jim Hill and if you listen to JH, prepare to be dissapointed.

Pixie Hollow is dead, and it has nothing to do with Jim Hill. He just reported it on his site.
I said it here some time ago, and I can say for a fact I didn't get it from him.

EmperorMilenko

Pixie Hollow is dead, and it has nothing to do with Jim Hill. He just reported it on his site.
I said it here some time ago, and I can say for a fact I didn't get it from him.
\

Well, most people on here claiming to be getting tipoffs from their "sources" are usually people reading off of Hill's site. Not pointing fingers in any direction, just in general. And if Hollow is dead, than thank you Disney! But I can see why they'd want to keep it with how fantastic it sells. I mean, most of my time spent at the Disney store this past season was stocking, and the fairies went like crazy (and not just Tink). But if its dead, than I will not be complaining about it.

wizards8507

Original Poster

That's what I was thinking but it doesn't explain the 500-person restaurant that's supposed to be INSIDE the castle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom