Beastly Kingdom

disneyland50

Original Poster
hey does anyone know if Beastly Kingdom a new land at Animal Kingdom will be built? Or if its confirmed? Or if construction is underway? If you know post me.

KentB3

Does anyone know why Beastly Kingdom was never built? I have heard a lot about it, and hate that it never was, or probably never will be built. Personally, I think it would be a lot of fun for Animal Kingdom to have a land based on mythological/fantasy-type animals. This could be the Fantasyland of sorts for Animal Kingdom! :animwink:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
KentB3 said:
Does anyone know why Beastly Kingdom was never built? I have heard a lot about it, and hate that it never was, or probably never will be built. Personally, I think it would be a lot of fun for Animal Kingdom to have a land based on mythological/fantasy-type animals. This could be the Fantasyland of sorts for Animal Kingdom! :animwink:

The Yeti on Everest is your mythological animal. :)

KentB3

wdwmagic said:
The Yeti on Everest is your mythological animal. :)

That may be true, but Beastly Kingdom was going to be an entire land based on mythological animals; among them, unicorns and dragons, just to mention a couple! :animwink:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
KentB3 said:
That may be true, but Beastly Kingdom was going to be an entire land based on mythological animals; among them, unicorns and dragons, just to mention a couple! :animwink:

Ah yeah, but was never financially feasible. Do you see Disney spending hundreds of millions of $ on a new land in recent times.

The mini-land of Everest was "just" financially feasible, and that's what we got.

KentB3

wdwmagic said:
Ah yeah, but was never financially feasible. Do you see Disney spending hundreds of millions of $ on a new land in recent times.

The mini-land of Everest was "just" financially feasible, and that's what we got.

Why wasn't Beastly Kingdom financially feasible, if any of the others lands in Animal Kingdom were? :confused:

peter11435

KentB3 said:
Why wasn't Beastly Kingdom financially feasible, if any of the others lands in Animal Kingdom were? :confused:
Beastly Kingdom would have been the most expensive of the parks lands. But besides that the only time the land may have been financially feasible was during initial park construction. When you are building a new park it is much easier to justify spending the money. However now it is very hard to justify spending $200++ million on a new addition.

dhall

Dragon Coaster => Everest ?

>> The Yeti on Everest is your mythological animal.

OK, so if BK's dragon coaster morphed into Everest, how hard would it be to transform the whole concept into 'Shangri-La' (supposed to be somewhere in the Himalayas) and keep the mythological animals idea going?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
dhall said:
>> The Yeti on Everest is your mythological animal.

OK, so if BK's dragon coaster morphed into Everest, how hard would it be to transform the whole concept into 'Shangri-La' (supposed to be somewhere in the Himalayas) and keep the mythological animals idea going?

I dont think WDI would have a problem at all. The issue is Everest in it's current form cost over $100 million to build. To add in the additional attractions and "land" to be more in line with the original Beastly plans would put the cost over $200 million. It is just isnt financially feasible to do that in one project. Once a park has opened, the biggest investment you tend to see in a project is around the $100 million mark.

There may of course be additions to the Asia area in the future. So ultimately Everest may be joined by other attractions.

WhyteAL

I know a beastly kingdom:king: would be expensive and blah, blah, blah...But I've got a problem with AK :rolleyes: . There are not enough rides for it not to be a zoo...For kids under 42 inches, like my daughter. I mean we like it because it's a disney park and what not. But because there's no little kid "magic" and most of the those animals we get to see at the Miami Metro Zoo anyways it tends to be the least favorite. Which is what I was hoping the focus of beastly kingdom would be. Like a small ride dedicated to Fantasia with the unicorns and stuff like that and other mythical creatures like Pete's Dragon. Just some cool fun, imagination type stuff. Nothing to extravigant but make the park an all day event. Ride the animal stuff at night so you could see all the noctornal animals active. Instead of baking in the hot sun or hiding in the bushes. :)

peter11435

WhyteAL said:
I know a beastly kingdom:king: would be expensive and blah, blah, blah...But I've got a problem with AK :rolleyes: . There are not enough rides for it not to be a zoo...For kids under 42 inches, like my daughter. I mean we like it because it's a disney park and what not. But because there's no little kid "magic" and most of the those animals we get to see at the Miami Metro Zoo anyways it tends to be the least favorite. Which is what I was hoping the focus of beastly kingdom would be. Like a small ride dedicated to Fantasia with the unicorns and stuff like that and other mythical creatures like Pete's Dragon. Just some cool fun, imagination type stuff. Nothing to extravigant but make the park an all day event. Ride the animal stuff at night so you could see all the noctornal animals active. Instead of baking in the hot sun or hiding in the bushes. :)
Very few of AK's animals are nocturnal. That aside I think AK is a great park as is and will only get better and better with time. I mean you have the Safari, Everest, Kali, and Dinosaur. Its Tough to be a bug is one of the best 3D shows in the world and its themeing is amazing. Dinorama is not great but provides another decent roller coaster. Not to mention the spectavular FoTLK and what ever the future holds for the Tarzan theater. Sure doesn't have a ton of attractions yet but what they do have is great. Combined with the animals and exhibits I think it is a great park.

Also I grew up in South Florida and let me tell you AK blows Metro Zoo out of the water.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom