• Beastly Kingdom

Votes: 70 61.4%
  • Pandora: The World of Avatar

Votes: 37 32.5%
  • Other/listed below for your idea

Votes: 7 6.1%

• Total voters

HongKongFooy

Plus the idea of a maze is that you can get lost in it, how would they control the lines?

I would presume that Disney would have created the maze just like the Alice in Wonderland one in DL Paris......in other words not challenging whatsoever; fit for close to all ages.
The one time I did it(on a moderately busy day) I don't remember any issue at all with too many inside at once, nor do I remember a CM with a counting clicker allowing for capacity and guest flow.

As for guests inside such a setup
we can't have them get lost in a maze and succumb to harsh elements like Jack Torrance did in 'The Shining'.

mergatroid

I would presume that Disney would have created the maze just like the Alice in Wonderland one in DL Paris......in other words not challenging whatsoever; fit for close to all ages.
The one time I did it(on a moderately busy day) I don't remember any issue at all with too many inside at once, nor do I remember a CM with a counting clicker allowing for capacity and guest flow.

we can't have them get lost in a maze and succumb to harsh elements like Jack Torrance did in 'The Shining'

:D

You could argue that one or two may deserve it though ;)

Heppenheimer

we can't have them get lost in a maze and succumb to harsh elements like Jack Torrance did in 'The Shining'.
What we be the Jack Torrance equivalent in Florida? They find the dehydrated, mummified body, with its face locked in an eternal snarl?

HongKongFooy

What we be the Jack Torrance equivalent in Florida? They find the dehydrated, mummified body, with its face locked in an eternal snarl?

Good one....hahahaha

Dehydrated for sure coupled with lobster red face sunburns and blisters........be looking more like "Blondie" forced to cross a 100 mile unforgiving desert in 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly'

Magenta Panther

Beastly Kingdom, absolutely. Pandora is dippy and has no magic in it. And that big blue kittycat floating in the jar, YUCK. Looks like a Smithsonian exhibit. People go to Disney parks to see magic - DISNEY magic. A well-done Beastly Kingdom with unicorns, dragons, gryphons, elves, etc. could have been the REAL Potter swatter.

The Empress Lilly

Beastly Kingdom holds mythical status in WDW fan circles. 'If only...' But personally I have never been attracted to it. A mix between the Alice mazes in Shanghai and Paris with IoA's dueling dragons. Mwah...

Pandora is fantastic. I'm still allergic to DAK becoming the sixth Orlando 'ride the movies' park - yawn. But against he odds the area feels an organic part of DAK.

Katelynbird

I was never into the Avatar(Pandora) franchise. Never got into the movie and although I do like The Flight of Passage ride other than that I can pretty much live without that land. The Beastly Kingdom and its original concept is is just my opinion would have been a much better fit for that space in the Animal Kingdom. I just think they could have come up with more attractions than basically two major attractions that are now in Pandora.

KaliSplash

But would they have been willing to spend the money to do so. Pandora, Galaxy's Edge, Toy Story land (Midway Mania was already there). Even the Fantasy Land Expansion only has 2 New rides, SDMT and LM.
Regardless, the brief info I've seen about Beastly Kingdom seems that the twin coasters would be the big draw. While I ride coasters, I do not seek roller coasters and one of the things I always liked about Disney vs. Six Flags, Carrowinds, etc. was the Lack of emphasis on coasters.

Please don't murder me. I'm new to this forum.

Everytime I see the park bench outside Animal Kingdom with the dragon I sigh about what could have been.
I just watched Pandora about 4 months ago. It wasn't a movie that ever called my name and I could still live without it. It's basically Ferngully which I'm sure is based on some other piece of classical literature.

Yes, Pandora World is pretty and cool to see in person but all those mythical landscapes could have been used for Beastly AND I would have gotten UNICORNS.

Disney could have made 3 movies and a tv show based off those unicorns alone.
Plus:
Mermaids
Dragons
Manicores
And let me repeat UNICORNS again (never outgrew my Lisa Frank stuff)

For me I picture the land as Mediterranean or Middle East Classics with temples, bucolic fields, and minarets. They could have also had a mythical animal skeleton museum that comes alive to make a boat ride or doombuggy like ride.

Katelynbird

But would they have been willing to spend the money to do so. Pandora, Galaxy's Edge, Toy Story land (Midway Mania was already there). Even the Fantasy Land Expansion only has 2 New rides, SDMT and LM.
Regardless, the brief info I've seen about Beastly Kingdom seems that the twin coasters would be the big draw. While I ride coasters, I do not seek roller coasters and one of the things I always liked about Disney vs. Six Flags, Carrowinds, etc. was the Lack of emphasis on coasters.
I like coasters as well, but let me ask you this. What is the first thing that draws you to Pandora land every time you go to the Animal Kingdom? It is basically one ride and maybe two rides. That is it. Sure it is a beautiful place to look at and that is all good, but that is really not why I am going to an amusement park. I am going to an amusement park for the thrill of it. Don’t get me wrong, I love Kilamanjaro Safaris and Rivers of Light, but I love the thrill stuff like Kali and Everest and Flight of Passage. I just think Beastly Kingdom could have offered more of that. Just my opinion.

Mousse'

Beastly would have been a much smarter business choice! Avatar is "flash-in-the-pan" and outdated already. The sequel's coming, but if it bombs that dents Avatar-Land even more. A HUGE spend on IP that had no real life (Took too long get the land to market, AND already far gone from pop culture). On the converse, if they had done Beastly, maybe could have beat/bettered Universal on HP (we're talking the land and MAYBE the original bidding for the movies). Think of the synergy there with fantasy allure of MK, and how some of it literally blends amazingly with rides (Unicorn carriage ground race a'la test track, Slay/Save the dragon, Pegasus flight, maybe a Percy Jackson Greek/Roman gods tie in of sorts, and the current little girl unicorn craze, etc...). I bet a team of Imagineers could bang out hundreds of concepts in an hour! All timeless and generally IP free.

JusticeDisney

I went with Pandora. I think the land was almost perfectly done and, while I’m not personally in love with the IP (I don’t hate it either, though), I think the upcoming release of the several sequels is going to energize the land even more. Now they just need to add another attraction!

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I went with Pandora. I think the land was almost perfectly done and, while I’m not personally in love with the IP (I don’t hate it either, though), I think the upcoming release of the several sequels is going to energize the land even more. Now they just need to add another attraction!
I agree the land is really awesome! Disney definitely needs to have another attraction in the land.

HongKongFooy

I agree the land is really awesome! Disney definitely needs to have another attraction in the land.

Pandora is inherently practically obsolete.

It can not ****feasibly**** be maintained; a complete impossibility. Disney sure did pick the worst theme under the (unrelenting Florida) sun to maintain. They should have learned that lesson, on a far smaller scale, back in 1992 in Anaheim.

If it can't be maintained then don't build it.

Last edited:

999th Happy Haunt

Pandora is inherently practically obsolete.

It can not ****feasibly**** be maintained; a complete impossibility. Disney sure did pick the worst theme under the (unrelenting Florida) sun to maintain. They should have learned that lesson, on a far smaller scale, back in 1992 in Anaheim.

If you can't maintain it then don't build it.
Since when could it not be maintained lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom