• Other/listed below for your idea

Votes: 7 6.1%

• Total voters

HongKongFooy

Before we begin how is Animal Kingdom head imagineer's name pronounced:

'rode' or 'rodee'?

The speaker in the video said it like "rode" / "road"

Kate F

While I enjoy Pandora and think FoP is one of the best attractions on property, I get why some people aren’t all that into it. Plus you still have people complaining to this day about the relevance of the IP and how it fits in with DAK. It’s hard for me to compare a land that exists to one that was never built, but a fully realized Beastly Kingdom would most likely have been the better land. It’s too bad we can’t have both.

mergatroid

It's a very difficult thing to answer as one's a reality and the other isn't. One you experience so you know exactly how it feels, smells and looks and the other one you don't so you can make it whatever you want and then get angry because it's not there and how you imagine it to be. Not seeing detailed plans for the attractions means you can imagine them to look and feel exactly like you think you'd like them, yet everyone has different takes on what they like. The perfect land for you may not be for others and the one the imagineers build, may be very different from the one you expected.

It's like if as a kid you had an idea of the perfect girlfriend or boyfriend for you, you may have imagined how would they be. I doubt you'd have imaginary scenarios going on in your head of arguing with them, or going around to visit and discover they've been ill so have no make up on, have their hair all matted together where they've slept on it and make that oh so sexy sound of clearing gunk from their nose in between coughing and speaking?

It's an interesting debate though personally dragons and unicorns have never appealed to me anymore or less than other made up creatures. I enjoy Pandora greatly, the floating mountains look fantastic to me and we'd almost certainly not have got those with Beastly Kingdom looking at impressions of it. We'd have a different look and feel for sure but it's hard to know which would be better. I believe some of the imagineers went to work for Universal and helped design Islands of Adventure using some of those ideas they had for Beastly Kingdom?

Now I love IOA however I don't walk around any part of it completely blown away by the theming. It's very nice but on it's own without the attractions to go along with it, I'm not sure how immersed I feel there. There's just so many unknown factors that it's difficult to say which would be better, especially when one has the advantage of being anything you want it to be. Makes a good thread though.

phillip9698

Beastly Kingdom at this point is pie in the sky and your imagination, an actual fully realized land that has experienced the unavoidable budget cuts cant compete with that.

Kate F

Castles, of course not. It's ANIMAL Kingdom. BK would have centered around more mythical animals like unicorns and dragons.
I think he means more what the motif would be. Like Asia isn’t merely about Asian animals, but draws its theming from countries like Nepal, India, and Thailand. Dinoland isn’t just themed around dinosaurs, it’s specifically themed to resemble an American roadside attraction. What would the buildings look like, what would the overall feel of the land be like? I could be wrong, but I think that’s more in line with what that person was asking.

mergatroid

What would the theme of BK even be? Castles? Pandora’s theming is on point.

Here's some artists impressions

beastlykingdom1.jpg

20160410123750.jpg

unicorn-maze-bk-625x625.jpg

bk01.jpg

1400-02-Quest-for-the-Unicorn-Maze-917x1030.jpg

HongKongFooy

The artists impressions do show a castle like building.

Aaaaa, yep.

But that is not the central theme or subject matter. It would have merely been an elaborate show piece or physical set to tell the story.

Just as the central theme of Carsland is not desert and its marvelous Cadillac Range......the central theme, of course, is a personificated cars.

mergatroid

Aaaaa, yep.

But that is not the central theme or subject matter. It would have merely been an elaborate show piece or physical set to tell the story.

Just as the central theme of Carsland is not desert and its marvelous Cadillac Range......the central theme, of course, is a personificated cars.

True but I just thought the way you replied to him or her was a little 'direct' shall we say. Let's be honest whenever we see a film or show featuring beasts such as dragons or unicorns, in most cases they include castles. That's mainly because it adds more 'realism' for kids as the parents can say "There's no such things as dragons anymore but a long time ago when knights defended the realm, there may have been".

Technically the theme for most lands in the Animal Kingdom is animals. However the overriding theme in Asia or Africa is how those countries look and feel and the animals within those countries. So I can see why castles were suggested as they're strongly connected to dragons.

Personally, I'm very happy and contented with what Pandora has to offer. If Disney ever decide to dust off the plans for Beastly Kingdom and add that too, I'm sure I'd enjoy it. I still contend though that's it's hard to judge a reality over an idea as the idea can be perfect in every way. Who knows though, maybe one day in the future they'll both be real and we can compare them (though I'm not holding my breath)

mergatroid

Looking back at what I wrote, ..... you're right. I was too forward and should have used more tact.

DVCaka, sorry about that.

Well it only happens about once a year, so May must be my lucky month :D

Looking at the artists impressions for Beastly Kingdom, it becomes apparent that a maze was planned for the land. I've never really understood how that would be enjoyable in the Florida heat? Families at breaking point as it is and somebody thinks "How about we build a maze for them to get lost in whilst the 100 degree heat slowly eats away at their patience, before finally breaking them. That sounds fun for all, what could possibly go wrong there"? :rolleyes:

Plus the idea of a maze is that you can get lost in it, how would they control the lines? Would it reach capacity at say 100 and then they only let people in as people leave? I suppose they could have it whereby there's only one path and you couldn't turn back, but then there's no challenge as it ceases being a maze? Always thought that whole maze idea a very strange one personally?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom