Beastly Kingdom may come back to Animal Kingdom!

patsfan567

Original Poster
Screamscape Has this Intresting news..... http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_animal_kingdom.htm
Future Plans - (3/7/06) Not only has the impact of Everest sparked some new thinking about the park’s hours (see above) but it seems that it has kicked off a renewed set of ideas on how to expand the park in the future to grow it into the park that it was always supposed to be. What does this mean? I’ve got two words for you... Beastly Kingdom. Based on the idea that Everest may have been the needed spark to drive up attendance and interest in this park, we’ve heard that the plans for Beastly Kingdom are being dusted off and make bigger than ever. One source tells us that the overall plan for the new area may include 3-4 small attractions, a new show and two massive E-Ticket attractions. More on this as we find out.

YOUR THOUGHTS?

Shaman

Don't play with my emotions, Screamscape, please....:(

:lookaroun

I hope we see BK at AK someday...do I think it will be soon? No...but hey, who knows, maybe they're really serious about bringing BK into the mix at AK.

GothMickey

Screamscape, nuff said... Now we need Jim Hill to report this and we will make is all official.. LoL.

In all seriousness, I do hope BK comes to AK.. but I wouldn't hold my breath on it. But, this would fit into something I heard about future plans.. I was told that if EE was as big as they hoped, then something big was coming after EE... Maybe this is the something big... I was under the impression, from what was told to me, that it would have been a reincarnation of JTTCOTE. **RUMORS ONLY**

KrazyKemp

I hope that this is a true statement...

I just wish the source of this statement was a little more reliable...

But it's good for a rumor/speculation!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I thought I read from some of the more reputable posters here that BK wasn't coming to AK... at least in it's originally conceived form. I think they need to see what E:E does for park attendance before green-lighting another D-or-E-ticket ride. But that's just MHO.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Everest is/was our BK. It's going to take something very out of the ordinary for Disney to spend $500 million on a new land with 2 Etickets and some smaller attractions.

Epcot82Guy

yes, this keeps popping up. Will we see BK at DAK? Who knows. However, it is almost guaranteed it will not be any time soon, if at all.

landauh

Before any major new attractions are added to AK, EE has to show that it has the ability to draw crowds. All new attractions draw when new. Wait and see.

As for this rumor, and many others that are currently going around about new attractions in any of the parks... Could it that with John Lasseter joining WDI that many of the tabled ideas are being brought out again to see if he will green light any of them?

RSoxNo1

Well, let's look at it logistically. The original beastly kingdomme plans called for the dragon towers coaster that eventually become dueling dragons over at IOA. So the Dragon Towers Coaster is probably out. I'm sure they'd love to explore the idea of the morphing coaster again, but I'm guessing it would be an entirely new theme.

Given Everest's placement in Asia as opposed to it's on separate land, it seems that they have effectively decided not to put the mythical creatures in their own land, at least not the mythical creatures that have cultural ties to Africa or Asia.

Perhaps a stage show that showcases mythical creatures like unicorns, dragons, etc. could work, but the likelihood of BK in it's original conceptualized state has probably less than a 1% chance of being built.

There are so many possibilities for expansions, and given the success of a well thought out attraction like Everest, I'm guessing that the next $100+ mil expansion will be the best of all possible solutions, and I'm not quite certain that Beastly Kingdomme is that solution.

MartyMouse

Nicole said:
Ah...another Beastly Kingdom rumor. Must be Tuesday.

:lol:

Yeah I can’t wait for Wednesday to hear about the new Harry Potter ride, but Friday’s the best - that’s when we’ll find out where the new monorail track will finally go.
:p

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
MartyMouse said:
:lol:

Yeah I can’t wait for Wednesday to hear about the new Harry Potter ride, but Friday’s the best - that’s when we’ll find out where the new monorail track will finally go.
:p
Don't forget Indy Ride Thursdays!:lol:

jrriddle

They are ahead of schedule over at Scream Scape. They mentioned Indy today, on top of 3 new E-Tickets for MGM. (Not sure where they would find the room for them but...)

Empress Room

Master Yoda said:
Don't forget Indy Ride Thursdays!:lol:

Well, Master, if you insist on going there...I know it's not Thursday, but today's Screamscape also included the following:

"???? - Indiana Jones Attraction - Rumor - (3/7/06) Screamscape sources tell us that the park still wants to eventually add an Indy themed ride to the park, but give the huge capacity that Indy handles on a daily basis, taking the show down right now would just cause massive crowding problems throughout the park. However the park knows that the stunt show just has to be retired sooner or later, so the overall plan is to open a series of new attractions (Star Tours 2, an unknown new E-ticket ride and perhaps a new show) first before they attempt to create an Indy ride. Now here is the really good part. Apparently since there is no need to rehash old ride concepts all over again given how old the California ride is (1995), Imagineering is said to be working on a new hybrid design that will take popular elements from the California, Tokyo and Paris attractions to come up with an all new ride experience. I can’t wait to hear more about this one."

Beastly Kingdom AND the Indy ride, all on the same day! Thoughts on this one?

Lee

Adventurer
The way I've always heard it was that there were opposing views in management about the Indy ride. One wants it, the other doesn't.

It's a valid concept, but just a rumor at this point.

Snapper Bean

I've never been a fan of the Beastly Kingdom concept. At this point, I would prefer that a quality family dark ride be added to Animal Kingdom which focuses on existing animals rather than mythical ones.

Snapper Bean

wannab@dis

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Screamscape basically print everything they "hear". In other words, anyone could send them an email and they will post it without any vetting at all? Sure, that happens here in the forums sometimes, but not on the main WDWMagic site. Steve works hard to make sure things are nailed down pretty tight before it's posted. It seems to me that Screamscape doesn't do that at all. So, I wouldn't put any faith in their 'rumors'.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom