Beastlie Kingdomme Site Plan

RandySavage

Original Poster
While Beastlie Kingdomme will never be built in its original form, I thought it would be fun to draw up a site plan of its original form. I based this on the concept art and used plenty of artistic license.

4484410007_10feff9df0_o.jpg

Here's hoping for a fantastical animal land (dragons, gryphons, etc.) in the coming years.
bk.jpg

beastlycastle3.jpg

bk02.jpg

Also did one for Disneyland's Discovery Bay here:
http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/134558-discovery-bay-site-plan.html

Exprcoofto

And then, according to that blueprint, if it was indeed built, what would the "Future Expansion Site be? ;)

Yeah, FotLK fits right into the "Expansion Site", but I'm assuming from previous threads and posts that its safe to say BK will never be built in this form.

RandySavage

Original Poster
I'm assuming from previous threads and posts that its safe to say BK will never be built in this form.

Yes. I feel that dragons, unicorns, etc., will one day see their due at AK... but it will likely happen piecemeal and consist of different attractions than those of the original plan.

The rumors about JourneyCenterEarth being cloned in AK... if true, I could see WDI putting a fantasy/medieval/dragon overlay on Tokyo's Nemo/lava monster version (and not building the full volcano mountain-scape), while keeping the layout & ride engineering the same.

If located in the most likely spot - the huge southwest pad where Dragon Tower was to go - the fantasy theme would clash with Camp Minnie Mickey (not that clashing themes bothers stateside management). But Lion King may eventually be changed out or move to Africa and the Camp could have the fantasy theme overlayed on it relatively cheaply.

So, many years from now, that part of DAK may eventually become a new "Beastlie Kingdomme"...

Dinoman96

I never understood the whole "OH UNI HAS A DRAGON SO DISNEY CAN'T LOL" logic some people use...Dragons are not a copyrighted thing to Universal, otherwise there wouldn't be a Dragon themed coaster at Playland. :p Also, in DT, you wouldn't ride on a dragon, nor duel, just try to escape and steal treasure. Not to mention, Merlin Woods, which was similar to BK, is now being rethemed from a Mythological forest to a wizarding town which is tied in to Potter. So I don't see the harm of building this. :shrug:

EDIT: Also, in the DT concept art that was recently revealed, the coaster wasn't inverted, it was on the floor. Your got 4 differences between Dragon Tower and Dueling Dragons (Not inverted, don't duel, don't ride on dragon, and different plot).

MarkTwain

^^^ Sad, but true. :(

But I always kind of thought that FotLK was meant for Africa, though... :shrug:

Hehe, FOTLK was pretty much designed for Camp Minnie Mickey. When Beastly Kingdom was scrapped at the last minute and replaced with CMM, that part of the AK needed a real attraction, and fast. So Disney took the parade floats from Disneyland's retired Lion King parade, added some sets and the music from the movie, and ended up with one of the most popular attractions in Animal Kingdom. ;)

Just an example that sometimes the simplest solutions can also be the most successful.

RandySavage

Original Poster
I never understood the whole "OH UNI HAS A DRAGON SO DISNEY CAN'T LOL" logic some people use...Dragons are not a copyrighted thing to Universal, otherwise there wouldn't be a Dragon themed coaster at Playland. :p Also, in DT, you wouldn't ride on a dragon, nor duel, just try to escape and steal treasure.

I agree. Not only are there myriad stories that can be told about dragons, the execution of the design could be much different/better.

IOA's Dueling Dragons has a fantastic queue, but as soon as you get on the train, you are on an outdoor steel coaster not much different than Six Flags.

The way I imagine Dragon Tower (and as I believe was conceived by designer Paul Torrigino), not only would the ride trains be themed as cauldrons carried by bats, but the support beams throughout the outdoor section would be themed as ruined walls, tree or rocks (as I have envisioned below).
4485283538_42d967d7bc.jpg

So the illusion/story is not just told by the castle building & the queue, but most importantly throughout the ride itself, culminating in the huge fire-ball breathing AA dragon.

Why couldn't such a thing coexist with Dueling Dragons?

urbanvegan

I think it's funny that Disney wanted to build a huge animatronic fire-breathing dragon. They can't even keep the dang Yeti working. :lookaroun

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I just noticed something, since Disney owns Marvel now, and Disney is letting universal keep Marvel superhero island, would that mean Disney is sponsoring a whole land in another theme park? :king:

StageFrenzy

I think it's funny that Disney wanted to build a huge animatronic fire-breathing dragon. They can't even keep the dang Yeti working. :lookaroun

Well they didn't know that they couldn't keep the yeti going. If that was built maybe we would have Dragon watch threads and and complain about the lack of fire.

Dinoman96

I can honestly do without the whole "Bats carrying you on a calderon". Just use a steel coaster similar to the Hulk like in that one concept art, which would make it even less identical to DD/DC.;)

Dinoman96

This looks like it would have been pretty cool, BUT The way I see it, it doesnt seem very "Disney" like

How does it not? It has dragons, unicorns, and even Fantasia Animals. All of those would be animals you'd expect to see in a Disney park...unlike Chester and Hester's Dinorama. :lookaroun

(oh and Disney I still want my Excavator coaster.:fork: )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom