Beaches and Cream ADRs?

KeithVH

Original Poster
Crap. When did B&C go to reserved dining? I honestly don't remember seeing the notice anywhere.

My wife just found it posted on Intercot. We're 33 days out and the online system shows both days we had an opening aren't available. The issue seems to be family of 5, lesser counts show open times. So I'll be on the phone bright and early.

But fair warning to others. Considering the limited seating, B&C is definitely no longer a walkup if this is the future.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It is something new that just started!:( I am really confused why they started have ADR's here when it is never really busy!:confused:
It is not really busy all day, but it can get a bit nuts around lunch and dinner times. ADRs "should" spread out the crowds a bit once word get out that they take ADRs.

docdebbi

i personally am happy about this, although I feel badly for those of you who just got screwed. it would be so nice if they could announce these things with a few month heads up for us!
in a recent survey WDW sent me, i actually requested ADRs for B&C, apparently i was not alone in this suggestion.
when we went in October, I had the Illuminnations cruise booked for 8:30 to leave from beach club. arrived at B&C at 6:30 to get dinner first and there was an hour and a half wait. couldn't do it or would miss the cruise so we went back after Illuminations just to get ice cream and it was STILL an hour and a half wait. we waited, but what a pain in the neck..........glad you can book it now.

PolynesianPrincess

It is something new that just started!:( I am really confused why they started have ADR's here when it is never really busy!:confused:

We tried to get in last month for dinner around 6:30pm and were told their waitlist had reached capacity and that they were no longer taking names for their wait as it could be an hour and a half or more! If you get there early in the day, say 11:30-noon, you can usually get right in. Glad they are doing ADRs now! :)

PrincessNelly_NJ

I guess it depends on when you go - I have always seen at least a 20-60 minute wait, if not more during peak times.

An hour wait isn't terrible, try walking up to BOG or Ohana... you'll probably get laughed at by the CMs. Atleast if you get stuck waiting for B&C, you can do other things while you wait like explore the boardwalk, resorts, or play some mini golf...

KeithVH

Original Poster
I always tell my kids "it never hurts to ask . . ."

The automated wdwdine line is a PITA. Called Itinerary Planning (we are staying club) and talked to a human. Interestingly, her screen wouldn't allow 5 people together either. BUT! She did get 2 slots, one for 3 people, one for 2, at the same time. It works. It's not like the kids can't dine on their own. Better two tables than no table.

Just very sad that almost everything is becoming so regimented. Next thing you know, Captain Cooks, Yorkshire Country Fish Shop, and every other place will need ADRs. Jeez.

ToTBellHop

I'm happy about this. We have wanted to go here for years but struggled with the wait. Now we have it booked with our 1 year olds!

lilclerk

I always tell my kids "it never hurts to ask . . ."

The automated wdwdine line is a PITA. Called Itinerary Planning (we are staying club) and talked to a human. Interestingly, her screen wouldn't allow 5 people together either. BUT! She did get 2 slots, one for 3 people, one for 2, at the same time. It works. It's not like the kids can't dine on their own. Better two tables than no table.
I think they only have 1 or 2 tables large enough for 5 anyway.

luv

There were many times that you'd show up and have to wait over an hour for a table. That little place wasn't designed to handle all the people who go there. It was just supposed to be a small place for hotel guests.

I'd stopped going there because the waits were often out of control.

PhotoDave219

Crap. When did B&C go to reserved dining? I honestly don't remember seeing the notice anywhere.

My wife just found it posted on Intercot. We're 33 days out and the online system shows both days we had an opening aren't available. The issue seems to be family of 5, lesser counts show open times. So I'll be on the phone bright and early.

But fair warning to others. Considering the limited seating, B&C is definitely no longer a walkup if this is the future.

This started December 4. The counter will remain available for walk ins

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm not liking this. I was planning to go there for the first time for ice cream (the no way jose) in June. Now I'll have to make an ADR for my snack.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
This is awful. I don't like it at all.

As a local, this was one if the places we liked to just "show up" to and sit down to grab a quick bite at.

Ugh. Must EVERYTHING require advanced planning now???

They've lost our business, which is a shame because we enjoy the food and the cast there, but I'm not making a (credit card guaranteed) reservation for a glorified diner.

Last edited:

disney4life2008

WOW I am so glad you posted this. I was planning on just showing up here after a day at HS for dinner. Credit card needed to reserve.. ugh I remember when things were so simple lol

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom