Beach?????

kksmom

Original Poster
My family and I would love to take our daughter to the beach one day during our Disney trip?

Does anyone have any suggestions for a beach for a day trip?

Thanks a bunch!!

AliciaLuvzDizne

Originally posted by kksmom
My family and I would love to take our daughter to the beach one day during our Disney trip?

Does anyone have any suggestions for a beach for a day trip?

Thanks a bunch!!

Last year we went to Cocoa beach and it was nice... fun

but
im partial to Daytona myself... about an hour and a half away from orlando, theres a TON of parking (you drive right on to the beach) the beach is HUGE and the water is great!!

soonershok

Daytona is nice and convenient, but the best beaches I have been to have been on the gulf side.

Not saying that there are beaches that top the ones I have been to.

Of course any beach is better than nothing.

Tigggrl

ST. Petersburgh and clearwater both have wonderful Gulf side beaches, and Siesta Key beach is beautiful, white soft sand, and just a bit farther to go, but worth it...
I used to live right on Siesta Key....

Michael72688

First of all, I think you can still drive on the beach but I'm not 100% on that one, anyway, I dont know if I would spend the day on the east coast I would probably go to the west coast. It's a little calmer, and to me a little nicer. Try St. Pete, Clearwater, places like that

Figment1986

Go for the Gulf beaches, they are nice. I live near them they are so nice most seniors use their senior ship day at eyther the Beach or a theme park,

Maria

The Gulf of México is calmer than the Atlantic Ocean. I used to go to a place called Anna Maria Beach near Tampa, and to Clearwater. They were nice, I liked the secluded beaches of Anna Maria better than the touristic Clearwater though. :animwink:
I agree with Tigggrl´s recommendations too! :)

What is a "senior ship day"?:veryconfu

Figment1986

Originally posted by Maria
Im in highschool, once day every year the senior class gets their deserved day off. it is pre plenaned and mostly kept secret, never year should be the 104th day of school, or on a friday or some how making a 4 day weekend.

Michael72688

Originally posted by Figment1986
Im in highschool, once day every year the senior class gets their deserved day off. it is pre plenaned and mostly kept secret, never year should be the 104th day of school, or on a friday or some how making a 4 day weekend.

Is it sorta like Gradnight at IoA?

Figment1986

Originally posted by Michael72688
Is it sorta like Gradnight at IoA?

No, and that i belive is called Gradbash, Gradnight is the opriginal one disney has each year.

Senior skipday is a day, every senior well, almost any skips the school day. they each choose what to do, stay home, head to as theme park, go to beach. What ever its their day off.

(I cant wait for mine in 2 years)

JoeZerboy

Originally posted by Maria
The Gulf of México is calmer than the Atlantic Ocean. I used to go to a place called Anna Maria Beach near Tampa, and to Clearwater. They were nice, I liked the secluded beaches of Anna Maria better than the touristic Clearwater though. :animwink:
I agree with Tigggrl´s recommendations too! :)

Oh my words. I never thought I'd see Anna Maria mentioned on the boards. :)

You are right, Maria. The beaches there are nice. I grew up just inland from Anna Maria in Bradenton and spent many a summer day on the island...

**sigh**

I soooo need to squish my toes in the sand there again...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom