Beach towels

alifares

when going to the pools at animal kingdom and when visiting the water parks ,should we bring beach towels from home. i hate to pack them if they aren't necessary but i don't want to be with out them.

thanks

slappy magoo

when going to the pools at animal kingdom and when visiting the water parks ,should we bring beach towels from home. i hate to pack them if they aren't necessary but i don't want to be with out them.

thanks

There will be towels to borrow at the lodge, and towels to rent at the water parks. Some people prefer to bring their own towels (or the towels from their resort) to the water parks, but I can understand wanting one less thing to pack.

Some people also opt to buy their own beach towels while there. A practical souveneir, and one you can use while we're there.

Upvote 0

DisneyBride94

At the water parks they have a towel rental thingy... I myself like to have my own beach towel...but if I find when I am packing for myself and my kids (hubby takes care of his own packing needs thank God) that I'm running short on room...towels are the first things jettisoned...

Just a little FYI... I know you are on vacation so you probably don't want to do laundry...but I myself try to pack on the ligther side and then plan on doing laundry one day midweek... I get up before everyoen else and go down to the laundry room (usually by the pool)... I put my load or two in the washer... get it going... go and get myself a nice cup of coffee...and sit with a book down by the pool and read and/or people watch. I dunno...call me crazy...but I enjoy my laundry morning... I get it all done in no time... and I have less bulk in my suit case... I really HATE HATE HATE to do laundry under normal circumstances...but I guess with all that close quartered family time we get on vacation...I find my laundry morning to be my ME TIME...and it's kind of nice to have a couple of hours to myself!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Yeah - hours for one load.

This past week went to WL and put "damp" clothes from wearing them to MK in the rain (under nice heavy artic tundra style raincoats) into the dryer and for $2 in quarters they spat back out slighly less damp clothes.

Seriously, of all my exerpiences at WDW, the laundry facilities are were I really felt ripped off. Oh - and there are not snacks. My WL welcome package promised "snack and drink vending" at the laundry. Nope, just drinks. Foo!

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

They are handy when it comes to staking out your sun bed - if all the sun beds had white towels on them then there would be arguments all day as who claimed each bed first. A touch of individuality makes it your own

Upvote 0

TTFN-Tiggger

I always bring my own Pooh beach towel. Then I know what chair is mine vs. all the same white towels all over the place. I toss mine in the front pocket of my XL suitcase - just something I always make room for. :D

Upvote 0

dukehoopsfan

We packed our towels in the luggage the last time we went (2 years ago) and ended up buying beach towels as souveniors - so going home with 8 towels total was a struggle to pack! This August when we go it will be with no towels knowing that 4 will be purchased!

Upvote 0

daverube

Whatever you do, don't buy beach towels at the World...they are not cheap!!!

The wife and I got stuck at Disney during Katrina (I know this doesn't sound like a bad thing, but that's another story) and ended up going to Blizzard Beach one day....we didn't have towels, so we bought some...yikes!!! I wish I'd known you could rent towels....guess I should have inquired...

my 2 cents...

dave

ps - we made our towel purchase at a shop in downtown disney....

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

At the water parks they have a towel rental thingy... I myself like to have my own beach towel...but if I find when I am packing for myself and my kids (hubby takes care of his own packing needs thank God) that I'm running short on room...towels are the first things jettisoned...

Just a little FYI... I know you are on vacation so you probably don't want to do laundry...but I myself try to pack on the ligther side and then plan on doing laundry one day midweek... I get up before everyoen else and go down to the laundry room (usually by the pool)... I put my load or two in the washer... get it going... go and get myself a nice cup of coffee...and sit with a book down by the pool and read and/or people watch. I dunno...call me crazy...but I enjoy my laundry morning... I get it all done in no time... and I have less bulk in my suit case... I really HATE HATE HATE to do laundry under normal circumstances...but I guess with all that close quartered family time we get on vacation...I find my laundry morning to be my ME TIME...and it's kind of nice to have a couple of hours to myself!!!!!!!

We're relatively recent DVC members, and we bought enough points to be able to do one week at a studio, followed by 3 nights (midweek) at a 1 BR villa. This way, we can pack a little less, and do the laundry bit by bit when we're in the 1 BR unit. No need to hover over your clothes for fear of thieves, throw a load in each time you come back to the room for any reason, and all our stuff should be clean again by the time we're ready to split.

Upvote 0

PotteryGal

Yeah - hours for one load.

This past week went to WL and put "damp" clothes from wearing them to MK in the rain (under nice heavy artic tundra style raincoats) into the dryer and for $2 in quarters they spat back out slighly less damp clothes.

Seriously, of all my exerpiences at WDW, the laundry facilities are were I really felt ripped off. Oh - and there are not snacks. My WL welcome package promised "snack and drink vending" at the laundry. Nope, just drinks. Foo!

I agree - at least two cycles drying are necessary, so $2 to wash, $4 dollars to dry. Unfortunately, I will need to do at least 1 load of jeans/shorts when we're there this fall, or we will run out. :rolleyes: Still, Roaring Forks is right up the hall if you want to grab a snack. I didn't use vending too much, as I was annoyed at how much everything was. :brick:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom