Beach resort vs. Yacht club

JusticeDisney

It is actually what we have done for the last four or five trips. Best trips ever. We used to go to WDW and then have to come home and try to recover from the trip. We now come home relaxed, rested and de-stressed.
I have a couple of trip reports with details if you are interested.
That is awesome. We still hit the parks on our trips, but we also take a lot more non-park days than we used to and we are loving it!

aliceismad

Almost every day on our upcoming trip I'm planning to have half a day in park and then options for park time/pool time/relax time/visit other hotels/Disney Springs. That way I get my planning in and DH gets his casual, spontaneous feeling as well. He's really bummed we couldn't get into Beach Club or Yacht Club to take advantage of the easier commutes to HS and Epcot and the TS options.

OneofThree

It is actually what we have done for the last four or five trips. Best trips ever. We used to go to WDW and then have to come home and try to recover from the trip. We now come home relaxed, rested and de-stressed.
I have a couple of trip reports with details if you are interested.

The only thing I would say here is that the on-site premium you pay for proximity is absurd. In other words, for the same money or less, there are far better resort experiences to be had elsewhere. If the parks aren't part of the equation, the value just isn't there.

JusticeDisney

The only thing I would say here is that the on-site premium you pay for proximity is absurd. In other words, for the same money or less, there are far better resort experiences to be had elsewhere. If the parks aren't part of the equation, the value just isn't there.
Which resort do you believe costs less money than the Yacht/Beach Club and has a “far better” resort experience?

OneofThree

Which resort. . .

As in, one? Lol. There are about a bazzilion resorts in the US providing far superior accommodations and amenities for less money. This isn't really subjective when you remove the park aspect. Even at the deluxe resorts, Disney's rooms, service, and food aren't even close. The "Disney Premium" is a real thing.

JusticeDisney

As in, one? Lol. There are about a bazzilion resorts in the US providing far superior accommodations and amenities for less money. This isn't really subjective when you remove the park aspect. Even at the deluxe resorts, Disney's rooms, service, and food aren't even close. The "Disney Premium" is a real thing.
Oh, I’m sorry, I misunderstood your point. I thought you were referring to other WDW properties. My bad. I totally agree with your point now that I understand it.

Cost is a key difference too. Generally whenever you see the prices you can clearly see that Yacht Club is slightly cheaper than the Beach Club. Usually by about $40 a night.

Dave B

I understand, but you can achieve the same thing with two half-days.

Your way:
Day 1: Magic Kingdom
Day 2: Pool day, then dinner at Disney Springs

My way:
Day 1: Magic Kingdom morning, pool in the afternoon
Day 2: Magic Kingdom morning, dinner at Disney Springs

We each get the equivalent of one full day in the park and one full day off, but my way allows me to get 6 FP+ and two rope drops, while your way only gets 3 FP+ and one rope drop.
Do you ever go at night, it is so amazing at night

CaptainAmerica

Do you ever go at night, it is so amazing at night
On an 8 night trip, I usually do:

7 mornings in the parks
1 morning at church

5 nights in the parks
2 nights completely off
1 night at Disney Springs

But my nights "off" are always following a morning "on" and vice versa, maximizing the use of FP+.

Tom P.

You leave FastPasses on the table. If you and I each have a 7 day trip and you take one full day off while I take two half days off, you get to pre-book 18 FastPasses while I get 21.
But here's the thing. And I'm really not trying to be snarky. I don't care. Those three extra FastPasses don't matter to me. I prefer the full day off to getting more FastPasses. I prefer to have one or more days where we are not in the parks at all. That doesn't mean I'm wasting anything. It just means I place a different value on certain things at WDW than you do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom