Beach resort vs. Yacht club

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Original Poster
Its been a while since i've been at WDW. I hope everyone has enjoyed their Disney planning and vacations.

I'm back as I'm looking to plan our next 2020 vacation, and one that is on our short list is staying at the Yacht club. While I may not be a rookie when it comes to WDW, I am completely ignorant regarding these two resorts.

Can some folks provide some details, I think they're sister resorts, is one more desirable over the other? Do they share the same pool? If not can I go to the other pool?

My wife really wants a club level room, and would that change as to which resort to select?

NYwdwfan

Its been a while since i've been at WDW. I hope everyone has enjoyed their Disney planning and vacations.

I'm back as I'm looking to plan our next 2020 vacation, and one that is on our short list is staying at the Yacht club. While I may not be a rookie when it comes to WDW, I am completely ignorant regarding these two resorts.

Can some folks provide some details, I think they're sister resorts, is one more desirable over the other? Do they share the same pool? If not can I go to the other pool?

My wife really wants a club level room, and would that change as to which resort to select?
They are indeed sister resorts and share the feature pool, Stormalong Bay. Both have a grab and go type market for food. Yacht is slightly closer to DHS and Beach slightly closer to EPCOT. Both offer fantastic views of the Boardwalk area. The Yacht Club tends to be quieter due to Cape May Cafe being adjacent to the lobby of the Beach Club. I have never stayed club level so will defer to other posters on those details.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Original Poster
Ok, thanks for confirming they're sister resorts and they share the same pool. I remember walking by them resorts on the board walk a few years ago and my kids had their mouth open over the pool and want to go there.

DisneyJoe

Both Yacht and Beach Club are closest to Epcot, Beach Club is the closer of the two. While Studios is walkable, it is a much farther walk than Epcot.

mbtohill

That's a waste of FastPass+. Book two pool half-days instead, that way you aren't missing out on your 3 selections on pool day.

Easy tiger, what we normally do is hang at the pool during the day then head to EPCOT for some fun in the evening where we are able to utilize our FP+. Pool day doesn't necessarily have to mean a "non park day"

CaptainAmerica

You're assuming they have ticket admission for those days.
Adding a day to a long multi-day ticket is extremely cheap.

Easy tiger, what we normally do is hang at the pool during the day then head to EPCOT for some fun in the evening where we are able to utilize our FP+. Pool day doesn't necessarily have to mean a "non park day"
Lots of people suggest pool days or other full days off. I think it's a bad idea.

belledream

As mentioned, yes, staying at either resort will allow you to enjoy the amazing Stormalong Bay! As for the differences, Yacht Club is generally received as slightly more 'formal' in theme and decor, while Beach Club can seem more 'relaxed'. In general, people think Beach Club attracts more families (i.e. children). I've only stayed Club level once (Beach Club), but I would imagine the general aura (formal/relaxed) could apply at time.

Yes, Beach Club is a closer walk to Epcot, but depending on where you are located in Yacht Club, the distance is minimal and I personally wouldn't let that sway me more than something like price/room type/etc.

I'm always so torn between which theme I prefer (it changes all the time) but as they are sister-resorts, I just tend to treat it like a lucky double-yolk egg. ;)

CaptainAmerica

Sure it is - but many prefer to not spend the money on that, but instead sleep a little, take a pool day the first half of the day, clean up and rest, and then go to Disney Springs for dinner and shopping. They need a break from the parks.
I understand, but you can achieve the same thing with two half-days.

Your way:
Day 1: Magic Kingdom
Day 2: Pool day, then dinner at Disney Springs

My way:
Day 1: Magic Kingdom morning, pool in the afternoon
Day 2: Magic Kingdom morning, dinner at Disney Springs

We each get the equivalent of one full day in the park and one full day off, but my way allows me to get 6 FP+ and two rope drops, while your way only gets 3 FP+ and one rope drop.

zurgandfriend

We stayed at the Yacht Club last fall. We enjoyed the resort very much. We have stayed at most of the deluxe resorts so I have something for comparison. The pool is great, the boardwalk is fun and if you are a foodie, the restaurants of the world showcase are close.

DisneyJoe

I understand, but you can achieve the same thing with two half-days.

Your way:
Day 1: Magic Kingdom
Day 2: Pool day, then dinner at Disney Springs

My way:
Day 1: Magic Kingdom morning, pool in the afternoon
Day 2: Magic Kingdom morning, dinner at Disney Springs

We each get the equivalent of one full day in the park and one full day off, but my way allows me to get 6 FP+ and two rope drops, while your way only gets 3 FP+ and one rope drop.
I understand your way completely - but neither way is right or wrong - I see how yours gives you more FP+ and 2 rope drops - it is more energetic and more for morning people - but some like to take a morning on their vacation and rest and even take a day to completely skip a park. Some of what we plan for clients would drive you crazy, it even drives us crazy, but some people are not morning people, or even hit a park every day of their trip people.

Mikey Z

I understand your way completely - but neither way is right or wrong - I see how yours gives you more FP+ and 2 rope drops - it is more energetic and more for morning people - but some like to take a morning on their vacation and rest and even take a day to completely skip a park. Some of what we plan for clients would drive you crazy, it even drives us crazy, but some people are not morning people, or even hit a park every day of their trip people.

What will the pools hours be in early May?

CaptainAmerica

Of course. I'm just sharing what I found to work the best for me and my family. If I got snarky, I apologize. @mbtohill rubbed me the wrong way with his "easy tiger..." comment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom