Beach Club

Lilo

Now that I'm all booked for the Beach Club -- help!! My family and I have stayed at the Contemporary three times before. I wanted something different so I picked the BC. We are staying there the week of Thanksgiving (11/24 - 11/29) and I already have PS for the Coral Sea for Thanksgiving Dinner. I also have PS the first night (Sunday) at the YC Steakhouse. Any other suggestions or information I should know?? I've seen the pictures and watched the Travel Channel special, but I would like to hear from someone whose been there. Thanks. We can't wait to go:sohappy:

I've never stayed at Beach club, but I have stayed at Boardwalk enough to talk a little bit about Beach Club.

1) If you like steak, the Yachtsman Steakhouse is supposed to be very good [I'll admit that I've never eaten there, but people whose words I trus have].

2) Stormalong bay -- probably the coolest pool in WDW with the coolest slide [I haven't compared this to the latest slide at Grand Floridian, but I thing that Stormalong bay looks more interesting].

3) Beaches and Cream - the Ice Cream parlor at the pool makes great sundaes.

4) If EPCOT is your thing, then Beach Club is THE place to stay. You're only a few minutes walk to World Showcase.

5) I'm interested in others' reactions to the busses now that the Villas are open -- did they add more busses or just another stop? If they added another stop to an already crowded route, public transport to other parks can be nightmarish.

Do you have specific questions?

Upvote 0

Lilo

Original Poster
Thanks for the input. We plan on going to EPCOT and MGM more this time. My son is 6 and while he still likes MK and AK, he loved going to MGM for the parade and I'm going to call about the dinner show for Fantasmic. EPCOT is my husband's favorite - that's why we picked something closer.

Lilo:lol:

Upvote 0

Big Pooh

The BC is beautiful. I've not stayed there, but the Travel Channel show Great Hotels-Y&BC made me want to. I have eaten at The Yachtsman Stk House, and it is wonderful. They had a NY Strip marinated in Jack Daniel's whisky that melts in your mouth. We liked it so much we ate there twice. It is VERY good. Enjoy.:)

Cheers:wave:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Well Lilo my sister and brother in law will be staying at the Yacht Club in October when I go. Ill be sure to report back anything I hear!!!! Have an amazing time!! Belle

Upvote 0

GenerationX

If your son really enjoyed the Contemporary's arcade, he will be disappointed in Lafferty Place Arcade between the Y & B. It's smaller, and the machines skew more towards older kids. There aren't any redeemable tickets, either. One rainy night this year, we drove from the Beach Club to the Contemporary to let the kids play games for a couple hours and earn tickets. We also headed to the fourth floor concourse to get a coveted Stitch smooshed penny.

The only other things that we thought were "worse" at the Beach Club were the parking (long walk from the resort to our rental car) and the proximity to the MK (but we knew that going in, obviously). The Beach Club is superior to the Contemporary in nearly every other factor.

Have a great time! :wave:

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I've stayed at the Beach Club. It's a beautiful hotel. When I stayed there in the beginning of Dec. , they had some wonderful decorations there. I would suggest not only the Yachtsman, but the Cape May Cafe also. They have a good character breakfast and a really nice "clambake" for dinner there.

Upvote 0

Lilo

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. Hopefully it won't rain (fingers are crossed). Has anyone had to use the babysitters for a couple of hours just for the adults to unwind in the lounge?:wave:

Upvote 0

SnowWhite5669

We stayed at the Beach Club in July. It was absolutely beautiful. We had a waterview room (we were the corner room on the second floor right near the volleyball court.) It is especially nice early in the morning. You look out your window and you can actually see the Tower of Terror. Grab a coffee at the bakery on the boardwalk and you are set to go. You can actually walk to MGM, it takes about 20 minutes but it is worth it. The service is tops and you will love the pool. We were going to stay there in October but we are going with other families and they didn't want to spend the extra cash. ENJOY!!!:)

Upvote 0

GalacticGobbler

So much to do so close to the beach club.

Walk through the Swan and you are @ fantasia gardens, great miniature golf(literally)

The boardwalk is great @ night. good food and the entertainers are great.

So many places @ World Showcase _Le Celliar, San Angel, Bier Garten.

We always stayed at Magic Kingdom resorts until our last trip. We stayed at the Beach Club and really liked it, was one of the factors the caused us to join the Disney Vacation Club.

Upvote 0

westie

We stayed at Port Orleans two years ago and found it noisy and being from the west coast when the maid comes in at 9 a.m., thats 6 a.m. to us! So last year we stayed at the Swan. Very nice but, we had bugs in our room the whole time and they did nothing about it. There was like a nest on the backside of the curtain. It made the morning paper very handy. Now its 21 days, 3 short weeks to the Beach Club and a cruise! Woohoo! I'll let you know how it is!

Upvote 0

Disney Duggan

Buses at the Villas

I stayed at the Beach Club Villas July 14-24. In regards to the question about the buses, we shared the stop with the rest of the Beach Club, no new stop. The only bus problem that we had was the route to the Animal Kingdom because that bus' route was Swan-Dolphin-Yacht Club-Beach Club-Boardwalk-Blizzard Beach-Animal Kingdom. This route was always crowded and had a long wait. I just think that there were too many stops on that route (5 resorts, a water park and a theme park). Other than that, the buses were fine.

Upvote 0

Tron

Quite simply, it's the best resort on property. Period. It's beautiful, tranquil, has the best swimming pool and is located in the heart of the property; bar none the absolute best place you can stay at WDW.
And Beaches n Cream is soooo good. :)

Upvote 0

GoofyMike29

Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant
I've stayed at the Beach Club. It's a beautiful hotel. When I stayed there in the beginning of Dec. , they had some wonderful decorations there. I would suggest not only the Yachtsman, but the Cape May Cafe also. They have a good character breakfast and a really nice "clambake" for dinner there.

ME TOO!!!!!!!! Beach Club is amazing. Definitely eat at Cape May Cafe for lunch or dinner.

Upvote 0

Lilo

Original Poster
Thanks. Can't wait to go. I booked the Cape May Cafe for breakfast everyday we're there. My little munchkin loved Chef Mickey's so much, I figured if it kept him quiet and eating then it will again. The buffet at Chef Mickey's was good, so I'm assuming the same for Cape May. As far as dinner the other nights, we'll play that by ear. I don't mind grabbing a bite on the fly. And I noticed if I stop by the restaurant in the morning, sometimes I can make a PS for that night or the next (I even did it for a lunch).
Last time I planned my itinerary right down the very minute. This time I want to relax and go with the flow.

To Belle - Good luck with your sister and brother-in-law at the Yacht Club. Say hi to Mom.

Lilo:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom