Beach Club Villas Refurbishment News!

Ms Brer Rabbit

Original Poster
Hey Lovely People!
I'm fresh back from another grand trip to the World, and I come bearing a bit of gossip. I stayed at the Beach Club Villas this trip and while walking down the hallway from our room this week, I overheard a manager giving a new housekeeper an orientation tour. One of the pieces of information he mentioned to her was that the entire BC Villas complex would be going into refurb next year. I didn't hear him mention why, or what the exent of the refurb would be, but I thought this would be some good information to pass on to everyone here...especially if you're in the DVC and are thinking of booking the Beach Club for next year. And if this is old news and is already in another thread well...oops!

Oh! and on another note...if anybody from here happened to see the MGM Motorcars parade on Weds. August 22nd, That was my family and I (I was the one in the purple shirt) grand marshalling the whole thing!!!

TomorrowlandTyler

Oh! and on another note...if anybody from here happened to see the MGM Motorcars parade on Weds. August 22nd, That was my family and I (I was the one in the purple shirt) grand marshalling the whole thing!!!

Congratulations, thats pretty cool.

Back on topic, it must be some major work if the entire villa complex is closed all at once, which is unlikely...Most refurbs are done in small phases.

chels26

Oh no!!! I hope the whole place doesn't go down for a refurb! We were planning on booking our trip next week for august 08 there! =[

i guess we'll find out then...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
They'll probably do phases, and it's probably to get the rooms up to par with other resorts at those levels - the flatscreen TV's and such.

JWG

They'll probably do phases, and it's probably to get the rooms up to par with other resorts at those levels - the flatscreen TV's and such.

Yea, I with they'd get teh Boardwalk updated in the same fashion. Still have old 19" picture tubes in the stuidos and not much better in the 1BR. I thought they had already at least changed out the thermostats, but those are still the old originals as well - not digital. Though, I guess the longer they hold out on those the longer before the go to those stupid motion sensing things.

TomorrowlandTyler

the longer before the go to those stupid motion sensing things.

I hate motion sensing thermostats with a passion.:fork:

I can understand their purpose so that the room isn't cooled all day while your in the parks but at night when your sleeping the temperature goes up and it gets so hot. I the room so cold that there should be penguins walking around.

Disneysue

In the Parks
No
SAAAAHHHHWWWWEEEETTTTT!!! Im will be staying there in Feb 2009 with my family (group of 7) nice and redone...........WAAAAAYYYY COOOOL!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

jasondiff

Oh no!!! I hope the whole place doesn't go down for a refurb! We were planning on booking our trip next week for august 08 there! =[

i guess we'll find out then...

They really can't shut the whole place down. Everytime they take a room out of service at a DVC property the points have to be accounted for, out of Disney's inventory. Disney doesn't own enough of the BCV to be able to shut the whole place down at once for any length of time.

Merf- what other DVC resorts have flatscreen TVs? OKW didn't as of March. I thought only the Contemporary and Polynesian had them.

jmuboy

I think the Grand Floridian is about to start a staged room renovation. I am sure plasa screens will be adde to the rooms during this renovation as well.

bgraham34

I hate motion sensing thermostats with a passion.:fork:

I can understand their purpose so that the room isn't cooled all day while your in the parks but at night when your sleeping the temperature goes up and it gets so hot. I the room so cold that there should be penguins walking around.

Yeah I agree. My office has that and If i work late at night the air goes off and i have to start running around to get the air to come on.

littlegoofy1

does the balloon thing really work with the thermosats? and where do they need to be put? We are staying at ASMu the end of Sept and a balloon maybe our first purchase...LOL nothing worse then coming back to a warm room after sweating it in the parks all day...:brick:

lilclerk

Yeah I agree. My office has that and If i work late at night the air goes off and i have to start running around to get the air to come on.

The hotel I stayed at in CA had you put your room keycard in a slot in the wall, and that allowed the electricity to come on in the room.
Though, the fact that they automatically gave you two keys (I stayed by myself and got two keys) kind of defeated the purpose. You could keep one in the slot, and one with you to open the door.
But it was much more convenient than motion sensors.

cdunbar

Well I think Disney's whole purpose with the motion sensor AC is the same reason that they are slowly introducing non-gas powered busses into the fleet, everyone is trying to "go green"....but then again isn't Disney's electrial power generated from their garbage or is that just a Disney geeks myth?

Beauty_Belle

They really can't shut the whole place down. Everytime they take a room out of service at a DVC property the points have to be accounted for, out of Disney's inventory. Disney doesn't own enough of the BCV to be able to shut the whole place down at once for any length of time.

Merf- what other DVC resorts have flatscreen TVs? OKW didn't as of March. I thought only the Contemporary and Polynesian had them.

Sorry, not merf but in the travel field.

I've been advised, so far only the Contemporary and Polynesian have gotten the upgraded TV's and ammenities. OKW didn't have the upgrades in May when I was down. Eventually all deluxe will have them (including the deluxe villa resorts). They usually do section at a time for upgrades, so they do not disturb other guests.

I really hope they upgrade OKW and other Deluxe Villa Resorts!

JWG

Sorry, not merf but in the travel field.

I've been advised, so far only the Contemporary and Polynesian have gotten the upgraded TV's and ammenities. OKW didn't have the upgrades in May when I was down. Eventually all deluxe will have them (including the deluxe villa resorts). They usually do section at a time for upgrades, so they do not disturb other guests.

I really hope they upgrade OKW and other Deluxe Villa Resorts!

I'm confident the new rooms at the AKV will have them as well. Otherwise, as needed replacement?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I had a flatscreen at WL, so that's 3 resorts, not sure if all levels are complete though.

Len recently mentioned a very nice stay in a refurbed room at Grand Floridian - i assumed it meant flat screen, but i'll clarify. I'd be suprised if they didnt do the replacement at that time.

So, roughly 4 resorts have them now i think.

BadTigger

I know for sure one thing that is getting done to the BCV is the carpets are getting replaced, when we were down in July our rooms had some of the most nasty looking carpets and when we mentioned it to the housekeeping supervisor she said they already had plans to replace all teh carpets inside and outside the rooms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom