Beach Club Villas Refurbishment News!

jakeman

does the balloon thing really work with the thermosats? and where do they need to be put? We are staying at ASMu the end of Sept and a balloon maybe our first purchase...LOL nothing worse then coming back to a warm room after sweating it in the parks all day...:brick:
Sorry to drag up a 6 week old thread but did we ever get a confirmation on this? Saratoga had the automatic thermostats and they are fairly dreadful.

If this does work where do you put it? Tie it to the fan? Smuggle a cat in and tie the balloon to that?

DisneyPirate85

The hotel I stayed at in CA had you put your room keycard in a slot in the wall, and that allowed the electricity to come on in the room.
Though, the fact that they automatically gave you two keys (I stayed by myself and got two keys) kind of defeated the purpose. You could keep one in the slot, and one with you to open the door.
But it was much more convenient than motion sensors.

I was going to say that as well, I have seen and heard alot about these. But agree the 2 key thing kinda negates the purpose. :shrug:

WDWFigment

Sorry to drag up a 6 week old thread but did we ever get a confirmation on this? Saratoga had the automatic thermostats and they are fairly dreadful.

If this does work where do you put it? Tie it to the fan? Smuggle a cat in and tie the balloon to that?

SSR also did not have the flat panel TVs in the 1BR when we stayed in August...if there was any question of whether they did, in the first place. :shrug:

pacochran

This is good news it needs a little sprucing up. We didn't go last year were at AKL but year before I thought it was looking a little worn. Will be seeing it again on the 28th of November. Won't be there next year :cry: DW want's to do something different next year.

Biff215

Thermostats

As far as the thermostats go, I found this trick over at mouseowners.com to bypass the motion sensor. It worked great for us in May at SSR. I'm not sure if it is the same for the other DVC resorts or not.

First, press the on/off and auto/fan buttons at the same time and then release. Then press the on/off and down arrow buttons at the same time and release. The display should flash "6p" and then go back to the temperature. This should work for around 4 days and then you can reset it again.

This way you don't have to worry about placing a balloon in the right spot!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Didn't know about the motion-sensing thermos...now I know why we would wake up in the middle of the night in sweaty puddles despite having set the thermo to a comfortable temp...

My big hate is the motion-sensing exhaust fans at SSR, especially when you get up in the middle of the night to go potty.

jakeman

As far as the thermostats go, I found this trick over at mouseowners.com to bypass the motion sensor. It worked great for us in May at SSR. I'm not sure if it is the same for the other DVC resorts or not.

First, press the on/off and auto/fan buttons at the same time and then release. Then press the on/off and down arrow buttons at the same time and release. The display should flash "6p" and then go back to the temperature. This should work for around 4 days and then you can reset it again.

Awesome. This was what I was looking for. Thanks!

al5957

Oh no!!! I hope the whole place doesn't go down for a refurb! We were planning on booking our trip next week for august 08 there! =[

i guess we'll find out then...

This may be a stupid question but,

Has Disney ever closed down a whole resort for an extended period of time for refurb? :shrug:

PhilharMagician

Thanks for the info. I will try this on our next trip to see if it works.

The motion sensor thermostat drove us nut on our trip in August 2 years ago. It was so damn hot and you would come back from the parks late and the room was very warm. The A/C would come on and would start cooling off, but we were going right to bed. Before you know it the A/C would shut off and we would wake up in a pool of sweat and have to go walk in front of the thermostat. I'll tell you i was not a happy camper. I like the idea of placing your room key in a slot to keep it activated so it would stay on when you are sleeping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom