Beach Club Resort - 20 Month Refurb

TarzanRocked99-

Not sure if this schedule is true or not, If it is Disney has a major problem on its hand. The beach club refurb is safe(unless it is delayed) inside its dates mentioned below but the Yacht Club is where you are going to have major issues with timing.
That will be during Gartner, the single biggest Disney convention booked. They take up all the epcot resort area resorts and kill capacity inside them.
Bad move if you do this Disney, it may force gartner to not return in 2015. One resort out of commission may sound like, "Ah sure they could just move or take over another resort" but you don't realize, they literally take over all 5 resorts over there, swan, dolphin, boardwalk, yacht and beach. Loosing space at even one of them is extremely determental. Should be interesting to see what Gartner decides
Gartner is already signed for 2015 and contracted for 2016. The Swan/Dolphin renovation was specifically timed to wrap two weeks prior to Gartner each year and not pick back up until after it's completed. My understanding is that since Gartner utilizes Y&B, Boardwalk, Coronado, All Star, Port Orleans, Caribbean Beach and Contempory that they will just shift those 250 rooms to one of them. The Boardwalk renovation will be over non-gartner dates.

The bigger news long term is that Disney doesn't plan on using Beach for group after the renovation and plans on fully focusing it on the Yacht side.

Laura Ellen

Portofino Bay comes to mind, Less per night front of line pass awesome restaurants no ADR's...

I rang back and talked to them and i will still stay at the Yacht Club, but they have sweetened the deal a bit for me. Basically complained that they still charged me full price when there would be an issue, so they have upgraded me. Still though, I didn't get an email about the situation or anything, i had to learn it through a forum...and that is bad business on their part.

I_heart_Tigger

i am kinda angry about this because i literllay just spent thousands for a trip in Jan 2015 staying at the yacht club - they didn't notify me AT ALL.

I rang and they said the pool will be open, but there will be a noise issue from 10am - 4pm every day. just so...argh

I don't suppose they gave you any indication if and when the pool will be worked on? I leave in 29 days and my 13 year old niece has only talked about 2 things - the bread at the Spirit of Aloha that she can't wait to devour again and the pool at the Beach Club that she's always wanted to swim in.

dreamfinder

Glad to read that BC is getting some love, but wow, 20 months. Is it rotting or sinking or something?

As mentioned, the 20 months allows for rolling refurbs. Lets them have pretty much one plumbing crew, one painting crew, one demo crew, etc. 250 rooms over 25 months basically has them doing just under one room a day. Close down part of a floor, demo room A day 1, day 2 demo room B, paint room A, day 3 demo room C, paint room B, plumb room A, so on and so forth. This leads to less guest disruption.

Not sure if this schedule is true or not, If it is Disney has a major problem on its hand. The beach club refurb is safe(unless it is delayed) inside its dates mentioned below but the Yacht Club is where you are going to have major issues with timing.
That will be during Gartner, the single biggest Disney convention booked. They take up all the epcot resort area resorts and kill capacity inside them.
Bad move if you do this Disney, it may force gartner to not return in 2015. One resort out of commission may sound like, "Ah sure they could just move or take over another resort" but you don't realize, they literally take over all 5 resorts over there, swan, dolphin, boardwalk, yacht and beach. Loosing space at even one of them is extremely determental. Should be interesting to see what Gartner decides

With a 20 month schedule, they can probably schedule no rooms out of service during Gartner and I'd be AMAZED if they have not.

This. I'm sure the schedule works around busy demand times. Wouldn't be surprised if no work was being done Christmas week, maybe Easter, etc.

WDWoptmist

Dang people complain about things being in bad shape but at the same time complain when things are being refurbished lol Beach Club needs this BAD especially the DVC rooms. Really just about every resort on property could use a refurbish over the next decade or so. Cant wait to stay at BC when its done but in the meantime I'll stay at YC!

Laura Ellen

I don't suppose they gave you any indication if and when the pool will be worked on? I leave in 29 days and my 13 year old niece has only talked about 2 things - the bread at the Spirit of Aloha that she can't wait to devour again and the pool at the Beach Club that she's always wanted to swim in.

The lady I talked to said that no pool work would be happening, so no refurb of pool from now at least until the end of Jan

DisneyJoe

i am kinda angry about this because i literllay just spent thousands for a trip in Jan 2015 staying at the yacht club - they didn't notify me AT ALL.

I rang and they said the pool will be open, but there will be a noise issue from 10am - 4pm every day. just so...argh
Yacht Club is not being touched, only Beach Club.

I'd happily stay at the Yacht Club during this.

disneydudette

I rang back and talked to them and i will still stay at the Yacht Club, but they have sweetened the deal a bit for me. Basically complained that they still charged me full price when there would be an issue, so they have upgraded me. Still though, I didn't get an email about the situation or anything, i had to learn it through a forum...and that is bad business on their part.

Because there is 'no' situation.

Your staying at a sister resort... not the actual resort currently being affected.

Given that this is expected to be nearly a full demo/renovation of rooms and interior hallways/spaces at the BC... it's no surprise... that during 'working hours' noise from the construction areas can be heard from the pool area.

Is it enough to completely drown out the area sounds of SAB? Doubtful... but I'm sure when working on rooms facing SAB, you'll be able to pick up on it... from 10a - 4p that is.

I'm happy to hear Disney was able to accomidate your concerns... but room refurbishments are nothing new to Disney Resorts.

CBR is currently in one... the GF and BWI just finished slightly less evasive remodels... and the WL and Poly tackeled theirs last year.

I'm still baffled at the attention this remodel is getting.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Your staying at a sister resort... not the actual resort currently being affected.

Given that this is expected to be nearly a full demo/renovation of rooms and interior hallways/spaces at the BC... it's no surprise... that during 'working hours' noise from the construction areas can be heard from the pool area.

Is it enough to completely drown out the area sounds of SAB? Doubtful... but I'm sure when working on rooms facing SAB, you'll be able to pick up on it... from 10a - 4p that is.

I'm happy to hear Disney was able to accomidate your concerns... but room refurbishments are nothing new to Disney Resorts.

CBR is currently in one... the GF and BWI just finished slightly less evasive remodels... and the WL and Poly tackeled theirs last year.

Because of the UNDERWHELMING job TDO did at GF and BWI...

Laura Ellen

Maybe i am being difficult about the whole thing, but i'm just annoyed they didn't inform people staying at both the Beach and Yacht Club about the refurb in a timely manner. The Yacht Club shares certain spaces with the beach club and they didn't exactly specify which shared spaces would be updated. I probably am being a bit ridiculous about the whole thing, but i am coming all the way from New Zealand and i just kinda wish they had at least emailed the people staying at facility about the noise issue - it kinda feels like they are only releasing certain facts when they already have the holiday crowd booked in - so they could charge full price.

I don't know...it just doesn't sit right with me that a family who has spend a ton of money to stay at the beach club has to put up with the construction when they paid full price...or wonder if their kids will actually get to go in the pool they booked the hotel for.

NYwdwfan

Maybe i am being difficult about the whole thing, but i'm just annoyed they didn't inform people staying at both the Beach and Yacht Club about the refurb in a timely manner. The Yacht Club shares certain spaces with the beach club and they didn't exactly specify which shared spaces would be updated. I probably am being a bit ridiculous about the whole thing, but i am coming all the way from New Zealand and i just kinda wish they had at least emailed the people staying at facility about the noise issue - it kinda feels like they are only releasing certain facts when they already have the holiday crowd booked in - so they could charge full price.

I don't know...it just doesn't sit right with me that a family who has spend a ton of money to stay at the beach club has to put up with the construction when they paid full price...or wonder if their kids will actually get to go in the pool they booked the hotel for.

I'm glad you added you are from New Zealand. Im staying at BC in February and I kind of thought your reaction was a bit extreme. I was really surprised they would upgrade you in this situation. But I can definitely understand your concern coming from so far away. If I book something for a vacation in New Zealand and construction plans were sketchy - I would be nervous!

Laura Ellen

I'm glad you added you are from New Zealand. Im staying at BC in February and I kind of thought your reaction was a bit extreme. I was really surprised they would upgrade you in this situation. But I can definitely understand your concern coming from so far away. If I book something for a vacation in New Zealand and construction plans were sketchy - I would be nervous!

I just get so excited and I could not get into the BoardWalk so I decided to try another resort for the first time. I am obsessed with wdw. This is probay the last time I will be able to go in about 3 years. Sorry if I came off as a bit of a lol The lady on the phone from disney I think was feeling sympathetic - since we had a few things go wrong with our reservations to begin with.

I just want my last trip in a long time to be perfect- cause I'm crazy lol

NYwdwfan

I just get so excited and I could not get into the BoardWalk so I decided to try another resort for the first time. I am obsessed with wdw. This is probay the last time I will be able to go in about 3 years. Sorry if I came off as a bit of a lol The lady on the phone from disney I think was feeling sympathetic - since we had a few things go wrong with our reservations to begin with.

I just want my last trip in a long time to be perfect- cause I'm crazy lol

I can understand your frustration - like I said - if I had an overseas trip planned and there were variables out of my control threatening the peacefulness of the getaway, I'd be concerned as well. Now I expect a full report in January so I know what to expect (and if I should last minute switch resorts if I can!) ;)

Laura Ellen

I can understand your frustration - like I said - if I had an overseas trip planned and there were variables out of my control threatening the peacefulness of the getaway, I'd be concerned as well. Now I expect a full report in January so I know what to expect (and if I should last minute switch resorts if I can!) ;)

I will do a full report :)

NYwdwfan

FWIW - I called BC directly this morning and the lovely woman I spoke to checked "in her system" and she said they are NOT showing any scheduled refurbs on the pool or common areas in January or February. Obviously this can change or the person I spoke with could have not received the information yet, but this is what I was told.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Dang people complain about things being in bad shape but at the same time complain when things are being refurbished lol Beach Club needs this BAD especially the DVC rooms. Really just about every resort on property could use a refurbish over the next decade or so. Cant wait to stay at BC when its done but in the meantime I'll stay at YC!

Judging by your screen name I can tell you will have an unbiased opinion of this refurb when it's done. I'll be looking forward to hearing how awesome it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom