Beach Club Resort - 20 Month Refurb

R W B

Unfortunately it's serious. The new 'OneDisney' linens are SIGNIFICANTLY inferior to past linens and are below the standards of even a Hampton Inn's linens in both thread count and weight.

They are now at BLT as well, The so called blankets are on the order of airline blankets in quality.
But the overall theme to the room will still be based by each resort right? Not all 25,000 rooms on property are going to look the same huh? Just the linen sucks?

NYwdwfan

Does anybody know when storm a long bay will be affected by the renovations?

1/5-2/2 the slide and area the slide exits into and over to the bridge will be closed (Bubblin' Bay and Sinking Sands). 2/2-3/3 the lazy river area will be closed. The remaining pool areas will be open during the refurb.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
But the overall theme to the room will still be based by each resort right? Not all 25,000 rooms on property are going to look the same huh? Just the linen sucks?

I really DONT know, From my stays recently it seems that they are going for a single style in ALL rooms with only the framed artwork being unique to the location. The linen colors posted in the pictures were exactly the same at BLT in December.

Blairnicol

The furniture, artwork & accessories in all the rooms are still themed to the resorts. The only thing that is 'generic' across the board is the white linens. Meaning that the only thing really missing is the printed quilts, as most beds still have themed throw pillows & a runner across the foot of the bed. The printed quilts actually always gave me the heebie-jeebies. Talk about your breeding ground for germs/bed bugs :eek:

wdwfan22

I really DONT know, From my stays recently it seems that they are going for a single style in ALL rooms with only the framed artwork being unique to the location. The linen colors posted in the pictures were exactly the same at BLT in December.

The only thing that's the same is the white linen on the beds. The furniture and décor is still resort specific. I've stayed at both the Grand Floridian & Beach Club since the refurbishments and this is a major improvement. The rooms no longer feel dated.

HRHPrincessAriel

The furniture, artwork & accessories in all the rooms are still themed to the resorts. The only thing that is 'generic' across the board is the white linens. Meaning that the only thing really missing is the printed quilts, as most beds still have themed throw pillows & a runner across the foot of the bed. The printed quilts actually always gave me the heebie-jeebies. Talk about your breeding ground for germs/bed bugs :eek:
Those quilt/bedspread things are absolutely nasty. If I happen to stay at a place with one of those they get moved across the room.

R W B

Those quilt/bedspread things are absolutely nasty. If I happen to stay at a place with one of those they get moved across the room.

For sure. Regardless of resort, or even Disney. End of the bed, mostly on the floor - and done.
I'm the same way but for a different reason, I get hot when I sleep so I only use a sheet no matter where I am or how cold it is lol.

R W B

I can deal with the same linen, I just didn't want all the rooms to match 100%.

shipley731

The parking fee I can deal with; it's the BS resort fee I have an issue with. I'll pay for parking, even if it irritates me as I understand that's the norm in a big city. It's the resort fee with all the added benefits that I don't use that peeve me off. Internet, ok. Free meals for the kids - I don't have kids. Free local & 800 calls - I have a cell phone. Free gym access - I don't use the gym. There's a couple of things I'm missing, but I can't remember what they are. One thing I appreciate about WDW hotels is the lack of BS charges for my "benefit". that being said, I generally stay in a moderate or occasionally at AKL, unless I'm here for a conference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom