Be Wary of The Seralago Hotel!

Epic Epcot

I've stayed at the Seralago like, 5+ times. My experiences have varied heavily. Sometimes, the hotel was adequate and other times it was appalling. Really, it depends on which building you stay at, the closer you are to the lobby, the nicer the room. I recommend the Seralago if you travel to WDW often for 1 day trips. It's not the greatest, but it's convenient.

4/10

TakeMeThere81

I stayed there in 2007 I have no complaints. It was a tad dated but all we just used the place for a base whilst going to the parks etc.

The staff were very friendly, and there was always security wandering around. I would have no problem staying there again. It is very cheap and if people think they are going to get a hotel on the Grand Floridian standard then they are going to be very dissapointed.

We didn't mind the Seralago. We've stayed there a few times due to last minute. It is very hard to find a cheap room on property when you don't have much notice! (Last time all that was available was WLVillas at a whopping $2000 for the weekend:eek:!!) Anyway, we didn't mind the place. Rooms were always very clean, and I'm very particular. I am especially sensitive to hotel smells and I always do a little "inspection" of the rooms, checking mattresses, bathroom nooks and crannies, carpet, etc. We always bring some of our own blankets and pillows from home no matter where we stay just for comfort(as opposed to the curtain-like beadspreads-lol). Stuff was dated, sure, but overall it has always been a fine experience. We usually get free breakfast which works well with kids. They've got some neat rooms with bunkbeds too, although we've never stayed in one. The staff is always very friendly and have even remembered us when we've gone back. It's always rediculously cheap for us, because they have a huge military discount and free breakfast a lot of the time. We don't spend a lot of time in our hotel, and we prefer to drive around property ourselves as opposed to the crazy bussing.

Just my take on the place!! (keeping in mind that I'd love to stay on property, it just never works out because we are always escaping to Orlando at the last minute...as in a day or hour's notice!)

flowerlady

Re: Seralago

My family and I have stayed there several times over the years and each time it was a total pleasure. We had the rooms facing the main pool that came w/ a separately themed room for the kids w/ bunk beds. The kids were in heaven to have their own space, tv and games to play.

I will say that the rooms in the further back and and to the side buildings were the rooms that I noticed to be dated and in need of sprucing up. I would just request the closer rooms w/ bunk beds and mini kitchen. You cant beat the price or the closeness of other restaurants/attractions (Old Towne):animwink: within walking distance.

stevieg639

It does explain why Home Suite Homes look better now than first posted on Youtube. Thanks! :)

It may have new management but there is no way it is any better. The place is still the same dump as it was before. I stayed there for two months for this summer because it was the only cheap place I could get on my income from working. There is no way I would or should subject anyone to this place. When there is cheap rent, well you know what comes with that. There were times where I actually thought I would be shot that day and it did not matter what time of day. The same people would just hang out and you never really knew where they came from or when they would leave. Then a new group would come in every so often. So rule of thumb, do not even look at this place. You are warned if you choose to come to this dump.

TakeMeThere81

We just came back from spending 3 nights at the Seralago and wanted to put my 2 cents in. We got the kids' suite which the kids adored. They thought it was the coolest thing ever. However I am always the one who notices that paint is chipping off the walls and the carpet isn't tacked down with a metal strip. Bedding was pretty cheap, place smelled like the carpet needed replacing. It was clean, and well cared for daily. It took me a day or so to "get used to it" since it's very cheap.

Seralago is an acceptable place to stay if all you are looking for is cheap lodging. However, call ahead and make sure there aren't any conventions as while we were there, a biker convention had started and the first night we had a difficult time falling asleep to Harleys being revved until all hours and really really bad Karaoke being sung at the pool. It's just one of those places where the cheap prices attract the...questionable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom