Be Our Guest Restaurant

cdunbar

One could hope. You bring up an important point - There are NO Signiture Dining Restaurants within the Magic Kindom. This would be a chance to do the whole thing RIGHT. Do you really want a "Be Our Guest" experience that offers a glorified Burger for Dinner? I don't. My dream would be offerings on par with the California Grill, RIGHT in the middle of Fantasyland.

Please Disney - listen to your own Movie. "If we're going to do it, then let's DO it...".
Is cindy's royal table not a Signiture dinning exp?:veryconfu

I wonder what the 3rd room could be? Maybe the Dining Room from the movie since the Ballroom and West Wing are taken and the Library is elsewhere. As I said in another thread I hope we get connecting hallways with suits of armour who's heads turn as you walk by.

I bet it will be the kitchen. Mrs. Pots and the plates dancing - maybe the stove in the corner and so on. That would be cool.

~Amanda

WDWFigment

One could hope. You bring up an important point - There are NO Signiture Dining Restaurants within the Magic Kindom. This would be a chance to do the whole thing RIGHT. Do you really want a "Be Our Guest" experience that offers a glorified Burger for Dinner? I don't. My dream would be offerings on par with the California Grill, RIGHT in the middle of Fantasyland.

Please Disney - listen to your own Movie. "If we're going to do it, then let's DO it...".

Cindy's is Signature. I would love to also see this be Signature, or a dinner show. I wonder if it will have characters similar to the Remy at Chefs De France this summer?

Gaston's would be fine as a Quick Service.

Omnimover

Is cindy's royal table not a Signiture dinning exp?:veryconfu

It is indeed, but as reservations are so incredibly hard to come by, it's almost an entirely other creature. When a restaurant is perpetually booked out over 6 months ahead, it can't really function as a restaurant in the traditional sense anymore. It's a signature "experience" that happens to include food.

552 tables at this thing is the best idea I've heard in a while. That being said, with a restaurant that big, the roving "Remy-Style" AA's are going to be hard to manage. Unless they have multiples of each character and keep them segregated to different areas so that guests never see more than one, they'd have a lot of trouble getting to every table during a service. More likely, we'll be seeing several different characters being carted about, and you'll maybe interact with one or two during your meal, not the whole cast.

That being said, I'm for the Adventurer's Club style, where random objects magically come to life. That's more in the spirit of the film, I'd say, and a lot more fun. It's great seeing a kid's eyes light up when he sees Lumiere across the room, but imagine his surprise if the seemingly ordinary candelabra on his table starts talking to him. Fantabulous.

Exprcoofto

While looking at the concept art, (http://www.attractionsmagazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/9.jpg) it really stuck out to me how Lumiere was on shown top of the food cart.

Perhaps this restaurant will feature living characters ala Chefs de France with Remy? Very plausible that we'll see a life-size Lumiere as well as other BatB friends coming to visit each table, riding on such carts.

The only complication I see with having Lumiere coming around to tables and interacting with guests is how he can talk. While Remy is advanced, it's simply controlled by the CM with him.

Lumiere would actually have a moving mouth and a voice to interact with guests, and the CM with him would not be able to do that. I'm thinking that the person who would do the talking would be stationed in a different room and interact with guests via microphone and camera. The CM would be there just simply to watch Lumiere and move him around.

If this were to happen, I can see that this would be highly interactive. Moving mouth, eyes, and arms would take this to a new level. Who doesn't want to have a conversation with a candlestick? ;)

*This of course would be if something like this would happen

IlikeDW

I was in line to Pixie Hollow a few weeks ago and there was a woman next to me yelling into her cell phone at (I assume) her husband. She was at her wits end because they had used all their CS credits early in the week and were now scrambling t find a TS place in the MK. She saw me sort of watching her, and she turned my way and said "How can they only have three places to eat table service in this entire park"

For the record, I suggested somthing on the monorail loop, but those were all booked as well.

-dave
whenever I end up with left over TS, it off to Wolfgang Pucks for us. Never been turned away. Not @ MK but so be it.

Animaniac93-98

I bet it will be the kitchen. Mrs. Pots and the plates dancing - maybe the stove in the corner and so on. That would be cool.

~Amanda

I thought about the kitchen too, but I could imagine all the "I can't believe we didn't get a different room" attitude coming from those who don't think eating in a kitchen, even a fantasy one, is all that good. Especially when the famous ballroom and mysterious west wing are the other rooms.

What about the main entry area with the staircase that splits part way going up? Or even a made up room?

panther726

I believe that a Signature Dining Experience like Cindy's table is entirely different than an experience like California Grill. I'm hoping Disney can bring the two worlds together with Be Our Guest.

Princess Kitty

I wonder what the 3rd room could be? Maybe the Dining Room from the movie since the Ballroom and West Wing are taken and the Library is elsewhere.

Dining room is a good guess. Could it be the kitchen? What room was Belle in during the "Be Our Guest" number? I guess I'm going to have to watch BatB again.

NewfieFan

Disney IS listing Dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table under Signiture Dining - yet they classify the restaurant as "Character Dining" for breakfast & lunch. (see http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/dining/cinderellas-royal-table/)

I'm looking at the dinner menu here (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/dining/dreams-come-true-dinner/) and here (http://www.wdwmagic.com/Dining/Cind...-Royal-Table-Dreams-Come-True-dinner-menu.htm). A prime Rib offering, no steaks, fairly weak desserts - I don't see a Signiture Dining Menu that remotely compares to Citrico's, the Grill, Narcoossee's, etc. I'm sure it's a wonderful character experience - but I think it's safe to say you can't get a Filet with a good Merlot there :)

I'm really hoping that "Be Our Guest" is not all character and no food. WDW could really use a REAL Signiture Dining experience.

I think the "signature" in this case is the location... you are eating in the castle! For other restaurants the "signature" is more about the food/menu! I really don't care if the restaurant is signature or not! It is a fairly large restaurant to be signature! Maybe someone can enlighten me on the size of the other signature restaurants on property!

NiarrNDisney

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but I was just thinking how much fun a dinner theater show would be in this spot, why not just move the show from DHS, have certain seatings availible, then when the show is over you will have the character dinning experience giving the guest time to interact with their favorite characters from the show.
Moving BatB will then allow them to either tear it down and place a new attraction in its spot or create a show.

JJPooh

hey everyone... i've been reading the boards for a few months now and this is my first post....

my guess is this restaurant will be set up sort of like a rainforest cafe....
having "scenes" set up with moving characters..... waiters dressed up, and perhaps a "real" belle and beast who go around and visit everyone while eating...

a live dinner show would be amazing, but in no way cost efficient in my opinion... :)

_Scar

So we have The West Wing, The Ballroom, and the servant's quarters or something like that. The servant's quarters offer character development.

I'm more concerned abot the price tag. :lookaroun

DougK

I can't believe how the food quality has dropped and the prices have gone up at the Be Our Guest Restaurant.

Oh wait, I can't say that for another four years... :animwink:

The Conundrum

3 rooms:

West Wing (Haunted Mansion style)

Grand Dining Room (shown in concept art)

Servents Quarters type room that tells the story of the supporting charecters when they were human and cursed. Will include transformation effects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom