'Be Our Guest Restaurant' testing new advance online ordering for lunch

Figments Friend

For the most part I do agree with your statement. It's new. Everyone wants to try it. After that, some will return, others will wait or never eat there again. However, most guests have been extremely satisfied with the restaurant, the food and the service, that many will likely return. There have already been a large amount of guests returning to the restaurant for 2nd and 3rd trips within this first month of opening.

-
That is great to hear ( about the positive reviews of the resturant and it's food )...well worth the long wait then for those of us who want to give it a try.
I will have a look when next in town. Perhaps i will be able to squeeze in for a Lunch run...
:)

Genie of the Lamp

I'd LOVE to be a part of this test! I can't even log into MDE. At least, not as myself. It showed me as "Kevin". Sigh.

How do we know what resorts and what time periods are being tested? Is there a method to it?

"Guests have been preselected from those staying at select resorts". They probably announce or email or letter you right before you leave for your trip. I decipher that as basically they have a rotating cycle for these participating resorts (AKL Magicbands one time, BW BOG Fastpass+ another). In terms of how the time periods are selected for this, I'm not as informed. Maybe they just pick times when the parks are busy or not here and there and try to test it with different crowd mixes.

Stu bailey

If you want to eat at this restaurant and we will in July, this is something that you can take advantage of if you wish.The Orwellian paranoia is simply that. Don't want to use it, don't

bethymouse

Yea going down last week and not being able to see BOG was a real disappointment for us. Having to wait an hour in line for a quick service lunch is not our idea of a fun time.
I just wouldn't do it.:( I'll wait until the crowds "die down" somewhat, if they ever do, perhaps in 2014 or 2015? Some day I'll get to dine there. I can't say that I'm not just a little bit disappointed about not getting a reservation, but oh well!:(

llrain

Hopefully not in my lifetime but wait till this exactly happens, not just disney but with everything we do in life.
Our abilities to interact in a real world will be a thing of the past. As weird as it was Wall-E hit it pretty good on what it will be like.

God forbid they just hire people to take orders!

Less friendly smiles, more computer screens and work for the customers!

Disney is going nuts.

I personally wouldn't mind ordering my lunch ahead of time. However, this might not go over so well with my 3 kids. Can you imagine the meltdowns and tears if I ordered them the grilled cheese and we get there and they want chicken! I can imagine that many parents might run into this problem and the CM's would have lots of frustrated patrons.

toolsnspools

This is the perfect use of technology. I now have the ability to wait an hour in line and order food the old fashioned way, or order food on my smart phone while I'm waiting in line for Space Mountain. With the RFID on my wristband, I can pull up my parties order and confirm that it's me and my party at the terminal when I get to the front of the fast line for parties that pre-ordered. The process of ordering went from a long wait in line, to a quick moving line that takes about 30 seconds to confirm and order for an entire party of people. Maybe a little longer if I have to change something in my order. It's no less spontaneous because I can choose what I want to eat just before walking over to the restaurant. I can even wait in the old fashioned line if I choose. The trick is, can they make this process as seamless as I describe it to be.

rael ramone

Considering the lockdown security that we've seen from NGE as regards personal info, if you have dietary needs, do you *REALLY* want to trust this?

Not only will someone else get to see your profile, someone else will be served the meal that was made with your food allergies in mind.

Aurora1

Honestly, the wait wasn't bad. I went this past Wednesday (2/20) and got on line at about 12:00, and was seated and eating by 12:30. Considering that people wait that long (or longer) for rides, I didn't see it as a huge problem. A few people in front of us were on their 2nd or 3rd meal there since it's opened, so I definitely see it staying very popular for a while! The food was definitely worth it too, and unique compared to the normal quick service fare!

flavious27

This is the way that disney is able to turn over tables quicker. I doubt that you are going to be coming straight in with your meal sitting for you, but rather you sit down with the wait staff asking for your drink order and your food order is sent to the kitchen. This is the cheapest way for disney to boost capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom