Be Our Guest dining

horizons82

Matt is exactly right. A lot of people will change plans and another reservation will open up. It's not 100% certain this will happen, but very likely.

I actually think checking and re-checking closer to your actual arrival date will yield the best results as that is when most people are likely to change their plans. And the more you can check, the more likely it is you'll see an opening.

I know it's not always convenient to wait until last-minute, but even checking several times the day before has worked for me because those who will not be using their reservations will be cancelling to make sure they cancel the day before to avoid the no-show fee.

I work at home occasionally as a call center operator and I like to browse the Internet while I work. As a WDW fan (and as a foodie), I was looking at the WDW reservations page for an entire work day and I would refresh and refresh and refresh the available reservations page. It was amazing to see how many times a restaurant that was totally booked one moment would have an opening later on. However, for the popular places like BOG, that opening would be gone in a pretty short time. I found this very interesting, and on the days I've worked at home I've used this method to grab quite a few dining reservations for our own trips.

Good luck!

cw1982

? How far out can we use FP for lunch if we decide to go that route?

That seems to be up in the air... I've heard they open them up for a month at a time (ie, everyone who is there in May will have the opportunity to sign up a FP+ starting on a certain date), but I've also seen that it seems more random based on what people have said here.

In other words, best thing to do is to check about once a week or so until you get to the 30-day out mark and then be more persistent IMO.

tlev

I was at Disney World 2 weeks ago with a very large group of people. I had somehow managed to get reservations at Be Our Guests a couple of months before we left. 2 other large groups that I know of were able to get a reservation by walking up to the podium that afternoon due to cancellations and no shows. So that can be an option for you as well. I was very surprised, but since it happened to 2 different groups of people on 2 different nights you might have a decent chance of getting a walk up reservation. Good Luck!!!

tk924

Original Poster
So I just logged in to the MDE website and there is a lock symbol on the button that says "Make FP selections". When I click on it, there is a message that pops up that says we can make FP selections starting July 22 (since we're there late Sept.) Looks like that's 2 months out for FP+ selections.
Guess that means we can't select a FP for BOG lunch until then. :rolleyes:

JoeT63

Also, and this might be stating the obvious to this crowd, don't forget about the 180 +10 rule. At 180 we were shut out, but we were able to snag BOG for dinner for later in our trip.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
No-The Beast is only there at dinner time.
No. That area is used for ordering meals during lunch.

Thanks for the info - the M&G with beast was nice icing on the cake after a good meal, he wanted to kick my a$$ because I made a comment about him tearing up the west wing.

It's funny when the kids were young we never stopped for character meet & greets (outside of character dining), Now that they're older (and so are we ;)) we're stopping all the time and having some really fun experiences.

lilclerk

So I just logged in to the MDE website and there is a lock symbol on the button that says "Make FP selections". When I click on it, there is a message that pops up that says we can make FP selections starting July 22 (since we're there late Sept.) Looks like that's 2 months out for FP+ selections.
Guess that means we can't select a FP for BOG lunch until then. :rolleyes:
FYI, Be Our Guest FPs aren't made there, it's a different website: https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com

JoeT63

Hmmm... It asks for the 'Resort Reservation ID', which is apparently different than my Confirmation Number...which has letters and numbers. The little BOG form doesn't accept letters. Any idea where I may find my Resort Reservation ID?

EDIT: Disregard. I think it's because you still have to be selected to participate in BOG FP...right? I'm such a rebel.

Ryann

We are hoping to go there for lunch in September. The dinner menu isn't as appealing to me. I'd love to meet Beast, but, oh well. Hopefully we'll get a fastpass closer to travel day.

tink33

I'm in the same boat ( my husband is a very picky eater) I asked earlier this week if it was worth it OOP for dinner. My husband & I are going to get appetizers maybe share an entree and get dessert. Our daughter will eat a meal. It's our anniversary so why not. :)

MOXOMUMD

I'm in the same boat ( my husband is a very picky eater) I asked earlier this week if it was worth it OOP for dinner. My husband & I are going to get appetizers maybe share an entree and get dessert. Our daughter will eat a meal. It's our anniversary so why not. :)
Well that will be an anniversary you won't forget. :cat:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom