Be Our Guest dining

tk924

Original Poster
First let me say that I have the palate of a 5 yr old. :p Second, I can't pay $30 for a steak. :jawdrop: But, my family wants to experience BOG. My suggestion, to which they have agreed, is to reserve BOG dining and eat desserts only. We would eat counter service somewhere else for dinner before hand.
Anyone else experience BOG this way? :cautious:

lilclerk

Have you considered going for the counter service lunch? Honestly, considering the desserts are just cupcakes, I don't think it's worth it, but that's just me.
If you go for lunch, they may just let you in to look around and take pictures, if you don't want to eat anything. It's worth a shot.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Do lunch instead. It gives you the full experience and lets you choose where you site. Food options are in the $10 price range.

The dessert range is really limited, so you are going to feel a bit awkward getting a reservation and then ordering just a tiny cupcake for dinner.

iluvMainStMagic

I agree with the lunch suggestions for all the posted reasons. But it did occur to me that you might be thinking of using an ADR to avoid standing in the long lines at lunch time. If that's the case, maybe you could get a FP+ for lunch, that way you avoid waiting in line, higher prices, and get to choose which room to dine in.

Or if you don't mind an early lunch, you could get in line early. (That worked well for us, but we were there when crowds were not at their highest - so we may been able to get in line later than when it's really crowded.)

Or if you don't mind an early lunch, you could get in line early. (That worked well for us, but we were there when crowds were not at their highest - so we may been able to get in line later than when it's really crowded.)

This. The last two times I visited (last summer and then for Marathon Weekend in Jan.) We got in line pretty early and really didn't wait long to order. I'd say we lined up around 10:30am and were probably eating by 11 during the summer trip. I know it seems like an early lunch to some, but IMO it was worth it.

I was able to get a Fastpass for lunch for our visit in April. How does that work with the long line that normally develops around lunchtime? Do you have to stand in line to check-in? Or do you go up to the stand right when you arrive? Thanks!

Ariel484

I was able to get a Fastpass for lunch for our visit in April. How does that work with the long line that normally develops around lunchtime? Do you have to stand in line to check-in? Or do you go up to the stand right when you arrive? Thanks!
You go right up to the stand and they look your name up. I'd recommend taking a printout of your FP+ reservation just to be safe. :)

lostpro9het

We've done a few dinners and lunches at BOG. We have also spent an ADR just for dessert and coffee in the west wing after an ADR for dinner elsewhere. Im not a fan of BOG's dinner menu and on two occasions made an entire meal out of just appetizers, Meat & sausage board with a salad or soup.

Scuttle

Do lunch instead. It gives you the full experience and lets you choose where you site. Food options are in the $10 price range.

The dessert range is really limited, so you are going to feel a bit awkward getting a reservation and then ordering just a tiny cupcake for dinner.
On top of it being awkward. It'll ruin a servers night if say a 5 or 6 top comes in and only orders a 30 dollar tab. Sorry, I speak as someone who had to make ends meet serving tables to pay for flight school.

steamboatjosh

Yeah I think I'm just going to make a FP+ reservation for us to go during lunch when we're there. You can get the experience without it taking up as much time. When I was coming up with our day plans/dining reservations I made it a goal that while we're in Magic Kingdom we would have a table service breakfast, a quick service lunch, and a table service dinner. This is definitely the coolest quick service restaurant in park so I say take advantage of that.

Last edited:

Ariel484

Thanks, I definitely did not want to make a bunch of people in line angry and then be listed in the "Most annoying guest behavior" thread.
Well, you might get some *looks* from people in line as you stroll up to the FP+ counter. o_O It didn't happen to me but I remember reading about that happening to someone else.

Enjoy! Lunch is really good there.

Violiav

Is it super hard to get a fast pass for lunch? I think I finally convinced the BF to try it. I show him a pic and he was all"that's a restaurant!?"

horizons82

Can someone explain the two options for the BOG lunch FP? Even though I can't officially make the FP yet as our stay isn't until later in the year, I have a question about the two options...

One option is FP+ 'direct to table' and the other is FP+ 'expedited arrival'. Could someone please explain the difference?

Does 'direct to table' mean you pre-order your food and head directly to your table upon arrival and the food is brought out since you pre-ordered it? If so, I assume expedited arrival means you still place your food order after you arrive but don't have to wait in line?

TheMouseFan

Can someone explain the two options for the BOG lunch FP? Even though I can't officially make the FP yet as our stay isn't until later in the year, I have a question about the two options...

One option is FP+ 'direct to table' and the other is FP+ 'expedited arrival'. Could someone please explain the difference?

Does 'direct to table' mean you pre-order your food and head directly to your table upon arrival and the food is brought out since you pre-ordered it? If so, I assume expedited arrival means you still place your food order after you arrive but don't have to wait in line?
That is correct, however, you can change what you want to eat the day of, even if you pre-ordered.

HouCuseChickie

Another vote for lunch for OP and I'd also highly recommend FP+ once your window opens. We tried lunch back in September and the line was over an hour long. We would have skipped it had it not been for our FP+.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom