Be honest... What do you think of my plans?

DiSnEyF@n

Hi all. My family of 4 (me, dh, dd5 & dd2.5) will be staying at the Swan from August 7-14.

Day 1- fly in to MCO, stop at Walmart and get our food (online pickup order), check in at Swan and then go swimming
Day 2- MK
Day 3- Epcot (Akershus breakfast, Chefs de France dinner)
Day 4- swim in the am, maybe Epcot at night
Day 5- HS in the am, swim in the pm
Day 6- MK
Day 7- epcot (San Angel In dinner- we always do this on our last night)
Day 8- travel home

We’re not big on AK seeing as thought there isn’t much for the 2 year old to do (ride-wise) and we LOVE Epcot.
Looking for a critique or comments or anything to add.

Thanks ☺️

youngdeb

If you're travelling with small children, more MK and I wouldn't rule AK out. There are tons of animals and shows to see. My kids had more fun at AK than Epcot and they were almost 3 and almost 6 when we went.

Upvote 0

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
I would also suggest going to Animal Kingdom as well. Kids love animals! From what I am always told by people with kids, when the vacation is over they will always talk about anything but the rides. Like how much they loved seeing the animals or just swimming at the pool. Rides are not usually something they remember the most.

As far as attractions, make fastpasses for Navi River Journey, Kilimanjaro Safaris and Festival of the Lion King/Finding Nemo - Musical. Between all of that and seeing the animals, there is a lot of stuff for kids to do in the Animal Kingdom!

Upvote 0

Seeshark

Will you have park hopper? Also, remember - it's August. It will feel like you're stepping out onto the face of the sun. Animal Kingdom is my kids' favorite park. I would definitely work that in - and I think there's a lot for the kids, especially the safari, Lion King show, Tough to be a Bug. Of course the Pandora stuff. I would say get moving early and do the parks in the morning and the pool in the afternoon. Or conversely, don't go to the park until the sun is setting.

Day 1- fly in to MCO, stop at Walmart and get our food (online pickup order), check in at Swan and then go swimming
Day 2- MK until midafternoon, then Swan (swim/nap), then dinner on Boardwalk
Day 3- Epcot breakfast, in park until afternoon; Swan (swim/nap), then back for Chefs de France dinner and fireworks
Day 4- AK until midafternoon, Swan (swim/map), then Epcot for dinner (Or: hang around Swan and go to AK in late afternoon for dinner/rides & maybe River of Light show if not too late for kids)
Day 5- HS until lunch, Swan (nap/swim), dinner in Epcot
Day 6- MK until midafternoon, Swan (nap/swim) then dinner somewhere (Yacht/Beach Club? Swan/Dolphin restaurant? Disney Springs?)
Day 7- Epcot, Swan (swim/map), San Angel Inn for dinner
Day 8- travel home

Upvote 0

Seeshark

Will you have park hopper? Also, remember - it's August. It will feel like you're stepping out onto the face of the sun. Animal Kingdom is my kids' favorite park. I would definitely work that in - and I think there's a lot for the kids, especially the safari, Lion King show, Tough to be a Bug. Of course the Pandora stuff. I would say get moving early and do the parks in the morning and the pool in the afternoon. Or conversely, don't go to the park until the sun is setting.

Day 3- Epcot breakfast, in park until afternoon; Swan (swim/nap), then back for Chefs de France dinner and fireworks
Day 4- AK until midafternoon, Swan (swim/map), then Epcot for dinner (Or: hang around Swan and go to AK in late afternoon for dinner/rides & maybe River of Light show if not too late for kids)
Day 6- MK until midafternoon, Swan (nap/swim) then dinner somewhere (Yacht/Beach Club? Swan/Dolphin restaurant? Disney Springs?)
Day 8- travel home
Also Rafiki's Planet Watch in AK. I couldn't get my daughter out of there...

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster

Day 8- travel home

We do not have park hoppers... but that’s ok bc we have plenty of time to the parks one day at a time. I like your itinerary. I guess I really need to rethink the AK route...

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your comments... We have a zoo membership for the Philadelphia zoo and go to it often (like 5-6 trips a summer), but maybe we need to add in an AK morning or afternoon... definitely something to think about for sure!

Upvote 0

MickeyCB

I agree with adding animal kingdom. There is so much for kids to do, tree of life and trails. The lion king show and the safari can't be beat. The animal trails are also fun, you can take your time wandering.
I would advise you to read reviews of Tough to be a Bug, before I would take little ones in there. Some little kids (and adults do not like it)!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom