BCV refurb starting March 2015

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
Based on info from the Condo Association meeting the Beach Club Villas will undergo a hard goods and a soft goods refurb starting in March. This includes the 5th person sleeper to all the studios. I assume an update of furniture and bedding as well. From what I have heard recently about BCV this sounds like it's much needed. Here's a link to an article on this:

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pr...sian-dominates-2014-condo-association-meeting

I know there is a thread on the BC resort 20 month refurb, but I wanted to start one on the DVC refurb since I'm pretty sure they are considered 2 separate projects. The VWL had a similar refurb that lasted from 12/13 to 3/14 so I would assume that the bulk of the work should be done by August. If anyone has any updated info post it here. Once work is done if anyone is staying at BCV this spring/summer post some pictures here too.

Here's a copy of the refurbed room picture posted

image.jpg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
An update from DVCNews:

Disney Vacation Club has released dates for the in-room refurbishment project at Disney's Beach Club Villas.

The guest room renovations are scheduled to begin in late-March 2015 and run through late-June of this year. Small blocks of rooms will be removed for service and renovated, meaning that guest stays in the refurbished villas should commence in early April.

According to Disney Files Magazine, the major in-room modifications include new furniture, carpet, flooring, curtains, linens and stainless steel appliances. Upgrades to the electrical system will add USB charging stations and additional electrical outlets to the villas. Deluxe Studio villas are being expanded to accommodate 5 guests with the addition of a fold-down sleeper.

Elsewhere at the resort, a billiards table has been added to The Drawing Room located at the entrance to the villa wing. The table is available free to guests 24 hours per day.

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resort...1844/2883-beach-club-refurb-begins-this-month

Hopefully we'll start to see pictures of the new rooms in April:)

bubster

An update from DVCNews:

Disney Vacation Club has released dates for the in-room refurbishment project at Disney's Beach Club Villas.

Elsewhere at the resort, a billiards table has been added to The Drawing Room located at the entrance to the villa wing. The table is available free to guests 24 hours per day.

The billiards table was already there the 1st week of December. It seemed to get a lot of use.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
Why in the world would they not add the sleeper in the 1 BR too. Makes no sense.
The pull down sleeper thing in the studios is replacing the dresser that was in the studio room. The drawers for your stuff are now relocated to under the bed. In the 1 BR there wasn't a dresser in the living room, just some sort of TV cabinet. What the newer resorts have done is add a sleeper chair to the living room. I think I read somewhere that there isn't enough room in the living room for both the pullout couch and the sleeper chair in the older resorts (BWV, BCV and VWL). In the pictures below if the couch is pulled out I don't think there would be enough room to pull down a 5th sleeper bed and I guess not enough room to add the sleeper chair.

image.jpg
image.jpg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
What I think they may have been able to do is put in the sleeper chair either in the living room in replace of the chair in this picture:

image.jpg

Or in the bedroom in replace of this chair:
image.jpg

Here are a few pictures of the sleeper chairs from BLT. It seems to be similar in size to the 2 chairs above at BCV now. I think maybe the issue is how much space you would have when the sleeper chair is fully open. There are probably fire codes or something that prohibit the space being too cramped.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Milesen

Well those refurbs look much much better. Better than I was expecting which is nice. I remember staying at Beach Club in the early 90's when everything was fresh and being very very underwhelmed when going back post ~2003. I'll go ahead and book a new reso once this is done.

NeedMoreMickey

We just back from a trip in March and part of the hallway carpet on the 1st floor was replaced. I'm sure it needed to be replaced but I'm not a fan of the new carpet, no hidden Mickey and rather boring.

DisDadWoz

We were just there in March as well and the remodel was underwhelming to say the least. The décor did not seem to be very Disney-like to us, but it could just be our taste I guess.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
We were just there in March as well and the remodel was underwhelming to say the least. The décor did not seem to be very Disney-like to us, but it could just be our taste I guess.
You had a refurbed room? Do you have any pictures you can post?

DisDadWoz

You had a refurbed room? Do you have any pictures you can post?
Yes, it was a newly refurbed room. I don't think we took any pics of the room itself. I will look again and still have to check my youngests camera to see if she did. My biggest complaint was that it was supposed to have two queen beds. Now by definition it had two queen bed "frames" but had full/double matresses on one of them so it felt like my legs were hanging off at the knees.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Strange, I've never heard of a BCV room having 2 queen beds. The WDW website states that they have 1 Queen Bed and 1 Double-Size Sleeper Sofa. The only DVC resort with 2 queen beds in a studio is OKW. I doubt that will ever change. Are you sure you stayed in a DVC Studio and not a regular BC room? Just askin'.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yes, it was a newly refurbed room. I don't think we took any pics of the room itself. I will look again and still have to check my youngests camera to see if she did. My biggest complaint was that it was supposed to have two queen beds. Now by definition it had two queen bed "frames" but had full/double matresses on one of them so it felt like my legs were hanging off at the knees.
OK. I think you were in the Beach Club hotel, not the Beach Club villas. That refurb started last year and is further along. I haven't heard anyone confirm yet if the BCV refurb on the rooms themselves actually started.

DisDadWoz

Yes, sorry, I did not clarify that. We will be in the villas in August so hopefully those will be done. I will also try and take pics as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom