BC Concierge VS. BW Concierge

akbuilt

I just put a Boardwalk concierge room on hold with Disney but now I am having second thoughts. Should I switch to the Beach Club concierge instead? I will be staying at WDW Jan 01-07, 2007 and I it is just me (my family is staying offsite). What are the pros and cons of each place? Any input or personal experience would be helpful! Thanks.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I have stayed at both and I can tell you that the concierge at the Boardwalk is far better than the Beach Club. The fact that the Boardwalk has a large concierge room vs a rather small one at the Boardwalk. The whole set up is nicer at the Boardwalk and I feel that they have a better staff also.

My all time favorite concierge is the AKL. Boardwalk is 3rd on my list.

Pam

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

Kingdom Konsultant said:
I have stayed at both and I can tell you that the concierge at the Boardwalk is far better than the Beach Club. The fact that the Boardwalk has a large concierge room vs a rather small one at the Boardwalk. The whole set up is nicer at the Boardwalk and I feel that they have a better staff also.

Pam
I'm curious - which is 2nd??? :lol:

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Kingdom Konsultant said:

Pam

lawyergirl77 said:
I'm curious - which is 2nd??? :lol:

I'm curious too! Technically the general benefits of Concierge at each of the Deluxe Resorts are identical, but the food offerings, size and location of lounge, etc. will vary based on each Resort's restaurants and other amenities. Could you (and others that have tried several Resorts) rank them from 1 to 8?

(Personally, I have stated at nearly all the Disney Resorts, but have yet to stay Concierge. I know I should, for job research, yeah for job research. Maybe then I can deduct the stay from my taxes :hammer: )

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi there!!! I think January would be a great time to treat yourself to the Concierge stay. I did Concierge only at Beach Club and while it was nice, the hours werent very long in comparison to the parks so I didnt really get to take advantage of these services and refreshments offered too often. Breakfast was a nice continental layout with baked goods, fresh fruit, cereals, juice, coffee & Tea. That was fine, I barely saw the rest of the day's offerings as I was always out and about!!!! Sorry I couldnt be of more help!!! Belle

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

JPVonDrake said:
I'm curious too! Technically the general benefits of Concierge at each of the Deluxe Resorts are identical, but the food offerings, size and location of lounge, etc. will vary based on each Resort's restaurants and other amenities. Could you (and others that have tried several Resorts) rank them from 1 to 8?

(Personally, I have stated at nearly all the Disney Resorts, but have yet to stay Concierge. I know I should, for job research, yeah for job research. Maybe then I can deduct the stay from my taxes :hammer: )

:sohappy:

Actually, that's a really good idea for a new thread, JP! I'll start one up right now... I'm desperately trying to avoid work, so I could help you with yours in order to please the Drudgery Gods... Yeah... that's it... :lookaroun

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Here is the list of the concierges

#1 AKL
#2 GF main building
#3 Boardwalk
#4 Contemp 14th floor
#5 Yacht Club and GF Sugar loaf
#6 Polynesian and Contemp
#7Beach Club
#8 Wilderness Lodge

Pam

Upvote 0

Discmen

Can't go wrong with the Boardwalk

I have stayed at both the Poly and Boardwalk concierge and the Boardwalk wins hands down. The lounge is beautiful, and the staff desk is right in the lounge. There are always several staff members to cater to your whims. They encourage taking water and soda back to your room, and if there are none out in the lounge they will get them from the fridge for you. The staff is absolutely tops at the Boardwalk. The food is also excellent. When I was there in October one night they actually had a seafood dish from the flying fish just brimming over with mussles, clams, and shrimp, sort of like a zupa de pesce. It probably would have cost thirty dollars at the restaurant. On one trip I actually booked a garden suite which was amazing, though not in the actually concierge area. Still, it was about one hundred feet from the quiet pool and had a jacuzi right in the room. Can't compare it to the Beach Club, but can say it is the best hotel I have ever stayed in.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom