BBQ comes to Tortuga Tavern at the Magic Kingdom

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
MK had always been a dry park up until BoG opened.

If you happen to be at Epcot during F&W at around 8:30 PM on a Saturday the chances are pretty good that you see an example of why.

haha very good example. What a horrid place. And while it's probably no different than most towns on a Saturday night, it's so jarring at Disney. Straight up drunks at the F&WF on Saturday Nights. Nights like this make me wish the dance clubs were still around at DTD so that those people would be there instead :D

HollyAD

Sorry but I can't get excited about this food offering. I love BBQ but was hoping for a little more of a Caribbean theme. I mean I don't think of pulled pork and brisket when I think of Pirates of the Caribbean and The Jungle Cruise o_O

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Anyone watch the TV show, Booze Traveler? Popped into my head during this conversation. It is like the real life version of Epcot's drink around the world.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Then the same people that beach about "drunky town" would beach about the pub crawl at MK.
I never said anything about wanting alcohol at those locales. I'm just saying there are three taverns..all have been around long enough that we shouldn't be shocked they don't serve alcohol.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I never said anything about wanting alcohol at those locales. I'm just saying there are three taverns..all have been around long enough that we shouldn't be shocked they don't serve alcohol.
Sorry. Wasn't insinuating that you were. Just piggybacking off the thought.

disney4life2008

Why do the majority of people on here always proclaim menu changes as amazing. This menu looks tragic! While I never ate at at this place and loved the former Pecos Bills and do enjoy the current menu there, I am worried more menu changes are to come. I want burgers, fries, hot dogs, and fries! That is theme park food!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Why do the majority of people on here always proclaim menu changes as amazing. This menu looks tragic! While I never ate at at this place and loved the former Pecos Bills and do enjoy the current menu there, I am worried more menu changes are to come. I want burgers, fries, hot dogs, and fries! That is theme park food!
Burgers, fries - Cosmic Rays.
Hot dogs, fries - Casey's.

It's a big park. There are lots of venues. No need for each of them to offer the same old, same old.

French Quarter

Because we like them? That should be obvious by the use of the word "amazing".

rucifee

There is still plenty of that at WDW.

SteamboatStitch

A weird thought; What if one of the reasons of the change to Pecos, and the resulting change at Tortuga, involves a more expensive, "gourmet" burger option at the Canteen? Not saying it makes sense or that it's related, just a random thought.

That aside, I am hoping this leads to Tortuga being open more often and sets a trend for more locations being opened up. A new (but not really) restaurant and a busier Tortuga is already a giant leap in the right direction and I'm a happy camper if this continues.

Thelazer

How does BBQ fit into adverterland, but not fit into Fronterland?
I suppose it would have been, em to much of a stretch to at least use a guava or other "exotic" Polynesia based BBQ sauce on them?

Whats next, swap out casy's corner and shove cosmic ray's in there complete with 80's data audioanimoatronic figures playing traditional 1940's rag-tag piano music?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom