BBQ comes to Tortuga Tavern at the Magic Kingdom

doctornick

Does this seem kind of backwards? Thematically speaking, wouldn't this menu have made more sense at Pecos Bill's? Does anybody know why they flipped both of them?

I think both BBQ and Tex-Mex make more sense as a "frontier" themed place than a Caribbean one. As I mentioned at one point before, a good thematic fit for Tortuga would be stuff like jerk chicken or Cuban sandwiches.

That said, I think the menu changes reflect that they wanted a full time Tex-Mex place in MK and the seasonal BBQ compliments the offerings already at Cosmic Rays, as has been mentioned.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Maybe this is part of a test to see if a BBQ menu would keep Tortuga Tavern busier, justifying more permanent operating hours?
Honestly, I think Tortuga was pretty busy when it was El Pirata y El Piraca but they just chose to save on costs and make the others busier. It is a smaller place and sorta tucked away so it will never do Pecos business.

Nmoody1

People frequently rave about Bengal Barbecue in DL's Adventureland.

Bengal BBQ this is not... I'd love for WDW to get a good quick service hot snack like they offer there. Maybe near pirates.

What I'd love now is for a revisit of the Tomorrowland Terrace to get a nice makeover and produce a menu similar to yak n yeti. Finally, add somewhere with a good bakery offering in addition to Starbucks and I think I'll be a happy man!

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Bengal BBQ this is not... I'd love for WDW to get a good quick service hot snack like they offer there. Maybe near pirates.

What I'd love now is for a revisit of the Tomorrowland Terrace to get a nice makeover and produce a menu similar to yak n yeti. Finally, add somewhere with a good bakery offering in addition to Starbucks and I think I'll be a happy man!
a Mongolian BBQ derivative would be good. Asian themed bowls and maybe some "Meat and more meat" bowls for less adventurous :D

Sped2424

Does this seem kind of backwards? Thematically speaking, wouldn't this menu have made more sense at Pecos Bill's? Does anybody know why they flipped both of them?
Thematically speaking why would you serve mexican food at tortuga tavern when the surrounding area is themed to el morro (A puerto rican landmark)?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom