Bay Lake Tower year-long room refurbishment dates

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney has shared dates for room refurbishment work at Bay Lake Tower - here's the announcement on the Walt Disney World website:

From September 2024 to September 2025, room refurbishment work will take place in Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. During this time, Guests will see and hear construction work throughout Bay Lake Tower. Please allow extra time for travel as alternate paths may be utilized.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Disney has shared dates for room refurbishment work at Bay Lake Tower - here's the announcement on the Walt Disney World website:

From September 2024 to September 2025, room refurbishment work will take place in Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. During this time, Guests will see and hear construction work throughout Bay Lake Tower. Please allow extra time for travel as alternate paths may be utilized.
Finally!

Thanks for sharing. :)

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
thank God. I stayed there in 2022 in a studio and it was so old/tired. I had forgotten my phone charger and there were ZERO USB ports in the room.

Epcot82Guy

I'm sure it will feature IP, as it has to. But, hopefully they keep it subtle in the artwork. I think going a Steakhouse 71 approach and/or modern art with IP touches would work just fine.

Fox&Hound

Yes this is my father’s DVC home base and the rooms are looking very dated and worn down. Second the note about lack of usb ports.

ToTBellHop

Seems like they will start at the bottom and head up. Standard view (all lower floors) are available this summer but then not September 1 through about Thanksgiving. They usually sell out well before 7 months because of the attractive points requirement but their inventory seems artificially low through late winter next year. I presume they want the fourth floor done quickly to minimize impact on the bridge.

nickys

Premium Member
Seems like they will start at the bottom and head up. Standard view (all lower floors) are available this summer but then not September 1 through about Thanksgiving. They usually sell out well before 7 months because of the attractive points requirement but their inventory seems artificially low through late winter next year. I presume they want the fourth floor done quickly to minimize impact on the bridge.
That seems odd. Wouldn’t it be better to start at the top, so that if they hit any major snafus with plumbing it doesn’t affect rooms already done?

Standard studios usually sell out fast at any time of the year. Even 1 & 2 beds are hard to get. There’s a lot of walking that happens with those rooms.

rsm

That seems odd. Wouldn’t it be better to start at the top, so that if they hit any major snafus with plumbing it doesn’t affect rooms already done?

Standard studios usually sell out fast at any time of the year. Even 1 & 2 beds are hard to get. There’s a lot of walking that happens with those rooms.
Hot and cold / sprinklers feed upward and septic/drainage flows downward. Either way you start one is "at risk".

FiestaFunKid

As a self-proclaimed Contemporary enthusiast - particularly of an era gone by, the more elegant pre-Chef Mickey's/Fantasia Market look and feel of the Grand Caynon Concourse, Fiesta Fun Center, etc, I find this pending redesign direction fascinating.

I still love it, but even I have to admit the direction of the resort is at a bit of a crossroads with several styles competing within the theming (Incredibles, Mid-Century Modern, nods to classic Disney within Steakhouse 51, the loud 90s Chef Mickey colors, etc).

This is a deluxe hotel outside of Tomorrowland, I've said it before, but I am hoping they lean into the classic/mid century modern/monorail/early Tomorrowland feel with premium touches......and this does not mean the same layout as every other new resort, themed by hanging a framed picture of original Tomorrowland in a Monorial shaped frame or Mickey in a spacesuit, and then calling it a day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom