Bay Lake Tower update????

TomHendricks

Original Poster
We just stayed at Bay Lake Tower and we noticed something curious. All the walls of our 1 Bedroom had numbers written on them with Grease Pen and all the furniture was on those little things to make them easily moved, here are a few pics:

Example of Grease Pen on walls. Every wall had them,
8D6251DC-7A83-44AC-AD06-479E87107AC3_zpscfpqjlpx.jpg

BD86C30D-FE70-4BFF-91C4-46FE90043F1B_zpsihhjekhf.jpg

Furniture on movers,
5413CA60-90DE-4A13-8227-6FB6008DDBB0_zpsqk2wjtzs.jpg

20549C22-57BD-4B6E-BDEB-67F1DC19BECD_zpsukejs5fz.jpg

Now I would imagine that Mousekeeping is about as reliable as Bus Drivers when it comes to rumors. We were in the room one day when our Mousekeeper came to service the room. She said they are planning on redoing the entire room as a test. In fact several rooms on our floor were meant to be done.

Anyone hear anything about this? BLT is so new, it's hard to imagine that they would be ready to do this already. The room didn't show any extraordinary amount of wear & tear, so I have a tough time believing it.

Tom

Beta Return
We just stayed at Bay Lake Tower and we noticed something curious. All the walls of our 1 Bedroom had numbers written on them with Grease Pen and all the furniture was on those little things to make them easily moved, here are a few pics:

Furniture on movers,

Now I would imagine that Mousekeeping is about as reliable as Bus Drivers when it comes to rumors. We were in the room one day when our Mousekeeper came to service the room. She said they are planning on redoing the entire room as a test. In fact several rooms on our floor were meant to be done.

Anyone hear anything about this? BLT is so new, it's hard to imagine that they would be ready to do this already. The room didn't show any extraordinary amount of wear & tear, so I have a tough time believing it.

Wow! I haven't heard anything official about BLT redoing its rooms, but your evidence points to at least the mock-up part being true.

DVCPluto

Thanks for posting pics!! It's our home, so I'm joining in on the conversation. Although newer than some, I don't think the rooms are holding up. Our last stay in Jan was fine, but the furniture and pocket door definitely felt worn. From what I've read on various boards, I think they went on the cheap when decorating the first time. Let's hope they theme it up a bit more - since that's another complaint of BLT. I personally, like the clean lines and modern feel, but I'd like more of a disney touch.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I really hope that if this is true it's part of the long term plan. BLT has suffered from large fee increases the last 3 years. If I have to foot the bill for an unplanned refurb now too I'm not going to be happy. It may be time to consider dumping my points on the resale market and switching to another resort.

slappy magoo

I really hope that if this is true it's part of the long term plan. BLT has suffered from large fee increases the last 3 years. If I have to foot the bill for an unplanned refurb now too I'm not going to be happy. It may be time to consider dumping my points on the resale market and switching to another resort.
Still cheaper than any other DVC property, so carts before horses and all that.

relots

Furniture on movers,

When I was there a few weeks ago, which appears that you and I were there at the same time, I too noticed that the furniture was on sliders but I did not see any markings on the wall. I did not put too much effort into thinking about why they would have sliders under them except that they knew they would be moving the furniture later so they left them there. Our room was on the 6th floor and did not seem to have too much wear and tear except for the bathroom where it could be seen that someone tried to invade on privacy since the lock plate look to be a little bent as if someone were to pull too hard on the sliding door. It makes sense that they would have them there to redo the rooms but it does seem to be a little early to do that, at least in my opinion.

My wife and I stayed at BLT the first week of April and we both liked the hotel and the look of it but also felt that there was a lot of wear and tear already. Our sink was cracked, the pocket door was really loose and the carpet had many patches. Hopefully they will do a minor refurbishment to clean it up.

ExTourGuide

As I understand it, there have been a number of concerns raised internally (as well as by guests) about the quality of the efficiencies specifically. Less so about the 1-bedroom suites and above.

PhilharMagician

BLT was open about a year when they reconfigured the studio rooms which required somewhat major construction for a new resort.

I would not be surprised that they need to refurb the rooms already. I haven't stayed there in about 2 1/2 years now, but it was showing some wear or should I say abuse back then. Personally I do not like the décor at all, but I love the location and simple walk to and from MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom