Bay Court(the original Bay Lake, FL)

yensid67

Original Poster
I had often wondered who lives in this quiet area, northeast of the Magic kingdom? There is only about 7 houses there, so its not a very populated area. Wikipedia says that TOP Disney employees live here to give them voting rights in Reedy Creek. But from the looks of the homes, they are not the BIG HEADS. They look like double wide trailers. Has anyone ever made a mistake and turned down this road? (its the road just before the MK Cast area on Reams Road)

It said TOP DISNEY EMPLOYEES in the article, so I wonder how high on the chain of command they really are!? Is it the really BIG HEADS of the resort and eachof the parks?

Come on people we need some information!:ROFLOL:

Just wondering, very curious of why this area hasn't been built up more than it has been!?

With alot of us researching, it will amaze all of us at what we can find collectively!

MAYBE SOMETHING THEY DON'T WANT US TO FIND OUT!:zipit:

The Empress Lilly

I think @George moved in there, no? The trailer on the right. Together with his flea-ridden doge Muffs. And some elderly lady that he is always a bit vague about, I think his former mother-in-law, who sits outside on a rocking chair all day long humming sad old bayou songs to herself.

World_Showcase_Lover007

Interesting article, but is this information from 1987 still accurate? Do they still let ordinary Disney employees live there? I was under the impression that any residents had to be executive Disney employees due to voting rights for the cities of Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista. If they let regular employees and retirees live there, how can they be certain of who will constitute the city council and mayor's office? Don't they need these officials to be 100% loyal to Disney for purposes of by-passing the local municipality for things such as granting permits, etc?

jeffreyhughesnc

Interesting article, but is this information from 1987 still accurate? Do they still let ordinary Disney employees live there? I was under the impression that any residents had to be executive Disney employees due to voting rights for the cities of Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista. If they let regular employees and retirees live there, how can they be certain of who will constitute the city council and mayor's office? Don't they need these officials to be 100% loyal to Disney for purposes of by-passing the local municipality for things such as granting permits, etc?

I just linked a more recent article that includes two videos with interviews of the residences (Mayor and a council person(it's in the reply above you)). Disney is very selective who gets to live there. I suppose if you still have doubt; remember this arrangement has worked for nearly 45 years (as far as we publicly know).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom