Bars/Lounges on a couples trip

SamandplanningUK

Original Poster
Hi all,

My hubby and I are visiting without the kids for our 20th anniversary next September, I've made a list of possible bars/lounges to visit on our trip, could you take a look and let me know if there are any really great ones I'm missing or maybe if the ones I've chosen aren't actually that good?

Victoria Falls Lounge
Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar
Steakhouse 71 Lounge
Baseline Tap House
Abracadabar

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Victoria Falls lounge isnt something to go out of the way to visit. If you happen to be waiting on your dining reservation and Boma or Jiko, it would be just ok but theres nothing out of the ordinary about it. No really special drinks and the decor is just meh with the sounds of dishes and rattling silverware from Boma below.

Tambu lounge over at the Polynesian is one you missed, home of the LapuLapu.
Trader Sams and Trader Sams Terrace (also at the Poly) are great. The Terrace has all the drinks from the inside but lacks the gimmicks and gags but also has a lower wait time (if any).

HouCuseChickie

Several years ago, my husband and I did a kid-free anniversary trip and did a Monorail Resort bar crawl (in addition to drinking in Epcot and DS). Not everything was available back then that is today, but here's a list that's a combo of where we went and where we would go if it were there today...

Tambu Lounge, Trader Sams, Enchanted Rose, Citrico's Lounge/Bar, Narcoosee's Lounge/Bar, Cali Grill Lounge, Outer Rim, Steakhouse 71 Lounge, and if we'd had the energy...we would have taken the boat over to WL and hit up Territory Lounge. And while not part of our MK area resort crawl, we have had some good drinks at Crew Cup over in YC and River Roost over at POR.

SamandplanningUK

Original Poster
Victoria Falls lounge isnt something to go out of the way to visit. If you happen to be waiting on your dining reservation and Boma or Jiko, it would be just ok but theres nothing out of the ordinary about it. No really special drinks and the decor is just meh with the sounds of dishes and rattling silverware from Boma below.

Tambu lounge over at the Polynesian is one you missed, home of the LapuLapu.
Trader Sams and Trader Sams Terrace (also at the Poly) are great. The Terrace has all the drinks from the inside but lacks the gimmicks and gags but also has a lower wait time (if any).

We are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge and I'd love to try their goats cheese dip :)

SamandplanningUK

Original Poster
Several years ago, my husband and I did a kid-free anniversary trip and did a Monorail Resort bar crawl (in addition to drinking in Epcot and DS). Not everything was available back then that is today, but here's a list that's a combo of where we went and where we would go if it were there today...

Tambu Lounge, Trader Sams, Enchanted Rose, Citrico's Lounge/Bar, Narcoosee's Lounge/Bar, Cali Grill Lounge, Outer Rim, Steakhouse 71 Lounge, and if we'd had the energy...we would have taken the boat over to WL and hit up Territory Lounge. And while not part of our MK area resort crawl, we have had some good drinks at Crew Cup over in YC and River Roost over at POR.

That sounds so much fun! I think I would be crawling on the floor by the time we finished 🙃

christine7257

Unfortunately, I don't believe Tutto Gusto has reopened in lounge form yet. I think it is still being used as overflow for Tutto Italia. If it is open as a lounge, totally agree it's worth a visit.

Agree with recommendations of Nomad Lounge in Animal Kingdom and Dahlia lounge in Coronado Springs resort. Three Bridges is also at Coronado and quite good. Also highly recommend a monorail "crawl" checking out the various lounges. Have fun!

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Unfortunately, I don't believe Tutto Gusto has reopened in lounge form yet. I think it is still being used as overflow for Tutto Italia. If it is open as a lounge, totally agree it's worth a visit.

Agree with recommendations of Nomad Lounge in Animal Kingdom and Dahlia lounge in Coronado Springs resort. Three Bridges is also at Coronado and quite good. Also highly recommend a monorail "crawl" checking out the various lounges. Have fun!
Yes, Tutto Gusto is open as a lounge, though some of the menu items do come from Tutto Italia.

danyoung56

I suggest a visit to the Rose & Crown in Epcot's England pavilion. It's a traditional pub, and I always enjoy spending time bellied up to the bar and enjoying the (rather loud) ambiance.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Trader Sam's at the Poly certainly is an experience worth having.

We love our visits to Nomad Lounge in AK and have been known to stake it out by waiting out front before opening.

I'll also put in a vote for the Edison and Raglan Road (seats at the bar if you can) when there is some live entertainment as both have good drinks, good food, and good music/dance.

While I love grabbing a beer and snack at Baseline Taphouse, I'm not sure that there is anything really special about it. I know it is very loud and overpriced (and they move you through far too quickly), but Oga's is certainly a more unique experience.

Also, not being totally sure what vibe you are going for... there are some nice hole in the wall type places at some of the resorts that can really be fun. We are huge fans of The Gurgling Suitcase at Old Key West.

Prince-1

Our favorites are:

Nomad Lounge at AK (great drinks and food and location)
Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge (amazing views)
Baseline Tap house at DHS (location and overall vibe)
Dahlia Lounge at El Gran Destino Tower (amazing views if you sit outside)

Imhere

My top lounges are:

Nomad - Have Dalangs Delight. Very unusual, rum, tangerine liqueur and tea. Really liked it.

1670101836287.png

Enchanted Rose - Island Rose. Ketel One Grapefruit and Rose, Lime, almond and Pineapple.

1670101884716.jpeg

Tambu Lounge - Old traditional Mai Tai is the way to go.

1670101940699.png

SamandplanningUK

Original Poster
Trader Sam's at the Poly certainly is an experience worth having.

We love our visits to Nomad Lounge in AK and have been known to stake it out by waiting out front before opening.

I'll also put in a vote for the Edison and Raglan Road (seats at the bar if you can) when there is some live entertainment as both have good drinks, good food, and good music/dance.

While I love grabbing a beer and snack at Baseline Taphouse, I'm not sure that there is anything really special about it. I know it is very loud and overpriced (and they move you through far too quickly), but Oga's is certainly a more unique experience.

Also, not being totally sure what vibe you are going for... there are some nice hole in the wall type places at some of the resorts that can really be fun. We are huge fans of The Gurgling Suitcase at Old Key West.

Thanks for the tip on Baseline Tap House, I'll bear that in mind!

We tried to get into Nomad Lounge last trip (2019) but it was absolutely rammed! That's a good idea, we'll definitely give it a go!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom