Barnstormer reopens and more tidbits around the world

FLcastmember

Original Poster
Just a few things.....

1. Goofy's Barnstormer is now open again. The inverted triple loop is a great addition. :) :) :) :)

2. At the end of Splash Mtn, as your log turns to the right to enter the load/unload area, WDI has installed a TV, with the Splashdown Photo being displayed on it. However, the timing doesnt seem to be right yet, and you will not be able to see your self. There is just to much of a varible in the time it takes to go from Drop 4 to the load/unload area, that timing will be very hard for them to get right. The time it takes can vary greatly from one log to another, depending on how fast guests are loading/unloading, that I don't see any way they will get it right.
I think its just there to get peoples attention to the fact that there phot was taken.

3. Crowds have been light recently, in fact WDW has cut there projected attendence over the next few weeks by anywhere from 10 to 25% from what they original planed on, just a few months ago. But compared to Jan and Feb (not including pres week) attendence has been higher, but this is true every year. Its just not as high as we had hoped. MK parking lot has been about 50-60% full this past week. Studios has looked strong as well, But epcot is barley puting a dent into there MASSIVE parking lot.

4. Roy Disney was in town this week, talking to DAK CM's about consevation, BUT nothing else related to the park. But just the fact that he was there, leads me to think that he may have also had a look at the areas proposed for a new Eride. Plus the big 3 (Mike, Jay, Al) were on propery touring just last week. Thats a lot of big wigs in one week for a company that is planing a press event at DAK, next April

5. PAL Mikey, the toy that will go on sale in April, will be able to talk to guests about show times, parade times, tips, trivia and much much more. In fact, they are looking at ways to get him tell you the wait times as well.

mstarfishee

Thanks for the update flcastmember, as always, you give us great inside info! A inverted triple loop sounds great, can't wait to give it a go. Thanks again!

GaryT977

Originally posted by mstarfishee
Thanks for the update flcastmember, as always, you give us great inside info! A inverted triple loop sounds great, can't wait to give it a go. Thanks again!

I agree. This is the kind of info I come here for. Thanks!

BTW - Any chance of getting a pic of the new loop? ;)

Pioneer Hall

That PAL Mickey sounds great. I can't wait to try one out. Especially if they get it to tell you the wait times. This thing will be amaing!

CAPTAIN HOOK

Re: .................and more tidbits around the world

Originally posted by FLcastmember
3. Crowds have been light recently, in fact WDW has cut there projected attendence over the next few weeks by anywhere from 10 to 25% from what they original planed on, just a few months ago.
:eek: Gee, thats serious - no wonder they're slashing park hours

AndyMagic

Just a few things.....
4. Roy Disney was in town this week, talking to DAK CM's about consevation, BUT nothing else related to the park. But just the fact that he was there, leads me to think that he may have also had a look at the areas proposed for a new Eride. Plus the big 3 (Mike, Jay, Al) were on propery touring just last week. Thats a lot of big wigs in one week for a company that is planing a press event at DAK, next April
Well this seems like wonderful news!! :) Currently counting down the days to April 22nd. Forbidden Mountain here we come!

GoofMaul

2. At the end of Splash Mtn, as your log turns to the right to enter the load/unload area, WDI has installed a TV, with the Splashdown Photo being displayed on it. However, the timing doesnt seem to be right yet, and you will not be able to see your self. There is just to much of a varible in the time it takes to go from Drop 4 to the load/unload area, that timing will be very hard for them to get right. The time it takes can vary greatly from one log to another, depending on how fast guests are loading/unloading, that I don't see any way they will get it right.
I think its just there to get peoples attention to the fact that there phot was taken.

Thanks for the great info.

This seems like a trivial problem. Add a small radio frequency tag to each ride car that is captured as the picture is taken and then the picture can be retrieved at the end by reading the tag id again and matching it to the picture. This seems like it would be an inexpensive and simple solution to the problem. :)

WDWspider

Easy Solution for timing on Splash Mountain. Give each ride vehicle a bar code and have a scanner record the bar code at the picture time, and then another scan just before the screens and bring up the shots for that vehicle at that time. I'm sure this could be done whether they use bar codes or sensors like the pins or something.

D'oh... if I had just taken the time to read the post before me. :lol: Good Idea Goofmaul.

jenjie

The barnstormer was still closed when we were there on the 12th. I thought it was going to be an issue for us since that was to be ds4's test coaster. Instead he decided to try the big boys right away, and fell in love with BTMR. Second time around, he had a hand in the air, yelling "FASTER! FASTER!" :lol:

We had a problem with the Splash Mtn pictures. Even when we got off the ride we thought we saw the right picture, went up to the counter and it was the wrong picture. The CM just started checking other photos, fortunately she only had to check through 10 of them before finding ours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom