Barefoot at Disney

alissafalco

All the hysterical Hannahs, I take it you all wear shoes in the pools and water parks, or is it a special type of clean ground there?

I can recommend the path between the studios and Boardwalk as an ideal barefoot walk exfoliator. Plus theres low risk of dog turd interaction, dont want that oozing between athlete foot infected toes now would we.

I don't go to water parks and yes I wear my aqua socks if I'm at a hotel pool. I don't go to public pools either. I have my own In ground pool at my house. Yes, I'm a pool snob.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I should, but I use anti bacterial hand soap I keep in my bag.

Even the current Mrs Sak does that, mind you she is part mental. I dont get the germa phobia, outwith the use of toilets (even I would not utilise some of the abused facilities) in WDW, just practice basic hygiene, same as anywhere in the developed world.
Are the germs more germy now than when I was a kid, or have we just become too sanitised with reduced immunity?

WDWVolFan

Barefoot? Nope...
Flip Flops...YES!
I put on my Havaianas Flip Flops and go have fun at the parks.
The only time I took them off was when we were at Soarin' that I just put them next to me and as soon as we "landed" they were back on.

HannaBanana

I couldn't even go barefoot in a water park let alone a theme park when it's extremely busy. I recommend taking two sets of shoes. One to keep your feet comfy when walking around and another for when they get a bit sweaty like flip flops. :)

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
There is no chance I would walk around in public without shoes on. The amount of stuff you step in that you CAN see don't even measure up to what is "invisible".

Cmdr_Crimson

Here let this soak in.....Walking barefoot in a Park bathroom.....Yeaaaahhhh....
57dd6_ORIG-5df78_ORIG_cringe.gif

Mr_Incredible

Closest I cam to this was Sept 2012, we drove all the way from NC and arrived at POR, only to find my wife packed one tennis shoe and one soccer cleat of the same color for me.

Those were supposed to be my park shoes. Best purchase I made?! Indian type crocs with mickey mouse on it from the Polynesian for $50.00 (Going rate for them anyways without mickey on them as the only difference, retail).....man those things dry in a snap, can go anywhere, can get dirty, and are soooo comfortable.

And bonus, don't "look" like normal crocs.....thank god.

Edit: these be them....

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/pict/331105312380_1.jpg

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I avoid going barefoot unless at a pool.
When I see the soles of someone's feet and they're all brown and nasty from walking around barefoot, it's a major turn off....I mean major, It could be Jennifer Anniston and it would make me think twice ;).

That's just me though. If it's allowed and letting your nubby digits see daylight is what floats your boat then knock yourself out.

Disnee4Me

Funny Disneyland story ... way back in 1977, when my cousin Joy and I went to visit family in California and cousin Sammy took us to Disneyland. As Joy was getting into the boat on POC, Sam stepped on the back of her Dr. Scholls type sandal and it went into the water. After we got off, Joy of course was told she had to purchase sandals because obviously she could not walk around the park barefoot. We went to Lost & Found and Joy filled out a War & Peace description of her sandal floating away in POC. Woman's size 7. A week later, while we were still in California, a package arrives from Disney ... a little girls sandal totally not matching Joy's sandal. It sure made for a good laugh.

alissafalco

Closest I cam to this was Sept 2012, we drove all the way from NC and arrived at POR, only to find my wife packed one tennis shoe and one soccer cleat of the same color for me.

Those were supposed to be my park shoes. Best purchase I made?! Indian type crocs with mickey mouse on it from the Polynesian for $50.00 (Going rate for them anyways without mickey on them as the only difference, retail).....man those things dry in a snap, can go anywhere, can get dirty, and are soooo comfortable.

And bonus, don't "look" like normal crocs.....thank god.

Edit: these be them....

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/pict/331105312380_1.jpg
Where was Mickey Mouse on those?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
The thought of my feet touching the bare ground at a dirty theme park gives me the shivers. I won't even go bare foot at a water park. Ick!

I'm cool at the water park until it is time to go potty. Never trust the liquid around the urinals!

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
All the hysterical Hannahs, I take it you all wear shoes in the pools and water parks, or is it a special type of clean ground there?

I can recommend the path between the studios and Boardwalk as an ideal barefoot walk exfoliator. Plus theres low risk of dog turd interaction, dont want that oozing between athlete foot infected toes now would we.

Obviously, you missed where I was expounding on the feral dog infestation that is rampant at WDW. Did you know, athletes foot, ringworm, diaper rash, jock itch, and yeast infection are all pretty much the same and the you can mix and match treatments? Athlete's foot powder is ideal for diaper rash since it keeps the baby's butt dry and kills the fungus. :lookaroun

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I'm cool at the water park until it is time to go potty. Never trust the liquid around the urinals!

Simple solution to your potty floor problem would be to use the large "lazy potties" I think they are called. Anyways, they are like 3 feet deep and have floating targets. It's a cleaner and more fun. Everyone wins!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom