Balzac to leave?

Baums101

Original Poster
I know that it is just a inflatable ball stand and that it does not matter but I am dissapointed to see that it will probably be leaving. I know that the Balzac has been replaced by a crocs footwear stand and has moved over to the Futureworld east breezeway but it probably means it is going to leave eventually after 10 years. I know that it is a very small store but does anyone else get dissapointed when something very small that you like is being removed in Disney?

cooleo

My son will be very disappointed to see it gone. He has been after me for one of these for the last few years.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
:sohappy: I say good riddance, honestly. Everytime I walked through there, someone would throw a giant ball at me. :shrug:

PinMadness

:sohappy: I say good riddance, honestly. Everytime I walked through there, someone would throw a giant ball at me. :shrug:

I was going to say the same thing!
I always get the ball bounced at me when I walk by. I get so tired of having to bounce the ball back to the bored cast members working the Balzac stand.

juan

they actually aren't CM's
they are employees of other companies working within Disney (like Mitsukoshi and Nine Dragons) -- they're called Participants.

and as far as I know, Balzac isn't leaving -- it's just relocating

Scar Junior

Bring on the crocs! :sohappy:

Besides, I don't like having to say, 'no sir, i'm not interested in playing with your balzac'

CrashNet

Besides, I don't like having to say, 'no sir, i'm not interested in playing with your balzac'

Sorry, I would have posted 5 minutes ago but I've been laughing. :lol:

It will be interesting to see it go. I had a friend who switched from a CM to working for Balzac...the jobs and the way they are treated are like night and day. He switched back less than two weeks later after sending a formal complaint to the cofounder (its a fairly small company).

They've been there a long time. Its probably time to say goodbye to them, at least for a while.

PBarton

I was going to say the same thing!
I always get the ball bounced at me when I walk by. I get so tired of having to bounce the ball back to the bored cast members working the Balzac stand.
Ditto!

We always tried to avoid making eye contact with the Balzac CM/Employee/Whatever as we approached the Breezeway - Esp when carrying a soda! LOL

Nearly as annoying as being sprayed by those personal water spray/fan combinations (World Showcase Canada or the AK) - I have no problem being sprayed... just not when I am walking along holding my digital camera or DV Cam!

:zipit:

Kadee

Ditto!

We always tried to avoid making eye contact with the Balzac CM/Employee/Whatever as we approached the Breezeway - Esp when carrying a soda! LOL

Nearly as annoying as being sprayed by those personal water spray/fan combinations (World Showcase Canada or the AK) - I have no problem being sprayed... just not when I am walking along holding my digital camera or DV Cam!

:zipit:

I completely agree! People are just not considerate of others. I will spray myself if I want to be sprayed.

About the Balzac, I've just let it go by......let the others chase it down.

Yellow Shoes

My kids LOVED the Balzacs! I took a well-needed rest in Tomorrowland while my son played with the Balzac girl.

Last fall we were in a horrific line for Buzz Lightyear and a CM started tossing a Balzac into the crowd. It did relieve the boredom (I think the ride was broken down because we waited forever).

But the funny part was that the ball brushed against some viney things growing on the side of the building and POPPED!

It occurred to me that it probably wasn't very good for ball sales the rest of the night.

CrashNet

I'm sorry but this is the funniest thread I've read in a while. :lol: I guess its true what they say about guys (meaning me) never growing up.

banimall

It's too bad that they'll be closing, but like anything else, once it's been around a while it get's old and just shrivels up and goes away, Balzacs would be no different.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom