Balzac no longer for sale in any of the Disney parks

Jakester

Was one of these carts located next to Splash Mountain? That would be a killer spot to sell ShamWows!

shamwow-snuggie-slanket.jpeg

Just speaking of Shamwow, Heres a funny video someone made of the Shamwow commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bDPAOuizsQ

Check out his other videos

artdeco

Wasn't the largest Balzac about $300? I'm not joking. Years ago I asked and I'm pretty sure I remember I almost choked on my Mickey's Premium.

scoobygirl39541

I bought a small one during my very first trip to WDW. I was 11 at the time and, for some reason, those really appealed to me haha So ya, kids love them apparently. Its sad to see them go just because they remind me of my very first trip there... but that's really the only reason I mourn the loss haha

MrMorrowTom

Wow what harm did the Balzac do to everyone that everyone is hating on it.

The Balzac people weren't cast members they were outside vendors (even though 90% of them were cast members picking up extra shifts).

I always enjoyed playing with them at a greeter position (not as a seller), when you see someone walking by without a smile the simple thing of bouncing a ball towards them for them to bounce it back always put a smile on their face. And for the people complaining they got hit in the back really? Its like getting hit with a deflated balloon.

The Balzac people weren't cast members they were outside vendors (even though 90% of them were cast members picking up extra shifts).

Absolutely correct on that one.

I was told by a good friend that worked for them that the company is having major money issues is the reason for the closing of everything.

dreamfinder

Not terribly surprising. I think I got one of those from a toy store maybe 15-20 years ago. And their website looks like they are still stuck in the 80s. The colors and the like.

Animaniac

I remember when I first saw them at Disney World my reaction was..."they still make these things?" :ROFLOL:

I remember them being advertised on TV. Want to say the Fat Boys were their celebrity endorsement.

Actually had fond memories of the EPCOT cart from back in '99 when my then 6 YO son begged me for one on his first trip.

It lasted several years.

Think the ex got it in the divorce..... :ROFLOL:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Darn, I always thought it was hysterical to see all those Balzacs sitting out in plain view. Got a good laugh out of them 100% of the time. They will be missed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom