Bag Checks At All Parks - A Joke

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
I feel ALOT safer w/ them doing that. everytime they would search our bags (the only trip we took after 9/11 was may 20-25 2002 w/ just my dad and i) we would always thank them for searching and if they did not search really througly them i would be disappointed b/c there is a chance someone could hurt disney lovers.

Anna Elizabeth

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by Holly

Whatever will be, will be.

Que sera sera!

Now honestly, for those of you actually getting mad at Disney for doing checks. Disney has freely chosen to have these done, for either saftey or reasurraince, it can be for both reasons. Would you rather have had Disney do nothing at all? Whether or not an expert could easily sneak something into a park, not checking bags isn't going to help keeping this from happening. What if they did find someone trying to sneak something in? If there would be no bag checks, then they might not have kept this from happening.

I honestly wouldn't mind waiting 3 hours to get into a park if they were just trying to keep things safe for me and my family.

Holly

Originally posted by TheDisneyBoy
Quite frankly, it truly upsets me that WDW and even all of the airports are being such a-holes with security. Like others have said in this thread, if someone wants to do harm, nothing will stop them. Plastic explosives tucked in my pants, driving a car right up into a parking lot with a big bomb in it, etc. I hate the fact that since 9-11 everyone must be subjected to all of these searches. I doesn't make me feel safer. All it says to me is that they terrorist have won. They wanted to scare us, and look at us now. Everyone is running around all scared. Quite frankly, I truly feel my rights are being infringed. If I pay for a ticket into the park, don't hassle me on the way in. It is terrible.

I do believe absolutely nothing will stop a terrorist - but we can make it harder and more likely that they'll be caught in the act.

Would you rather that we had no searches and no extra security? We'd be stupid just to throw up our hands and go, "well, we probably can't stop 'em so let 'em do what they're going to do." We can put measures in place to make it harder - and potentially nearly impossible (though we haven't yet) for a terroritst to act. And if my civil liberties need to be compromised for the greater good - then so be it.

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by tiggerlover1971

lol thats because we have to hold our childrens and husbands stuff in our purses :lol:

happy snapper and tigger lover, I totally agree. last time I went, I had my stuff, my boyfriends stuff, and another guys stuff. because they didn't want to carry it.

bah! stupid mommy purses!

RogueHabit

Original Poster
Originally posted by JLW11Hi

Que sera sera!

Now honestly, for those of you actually getting mad at Disney for doing checks. Disney has freely chosen to have these done, for either saftey or reasurraince, it can be for both reasons. Would you rather have had Disney do nothing at all? Whether or not an expert could easily sneak something into a park, not checking bags isn't going to help keeping this from happening. What if they did find someone trying to sneak something in? If there would be no bag checks, then they might not have kept this from happening.

I honestly wouldn't mind waiting 3 hours to get into a park if they were just trying to keep things safe for me and my family.
I agree, and I'm not mad about the checks, I'm miffed that they are so ineffective and that the guards appear to have no real idea about how to check a bag properly.

Because I can see that they aren't checking properly I don't feel any safer, but then I have never felt unsafe in the first place.

Hurricane

Don't get me wrong, but when was the last act of terror inside the borders of the US?

The threat of terrror, while real, is negligible. We do not live in Israel, for the most part we do not have to worry about a terror attack any more than we have to worry about metors. And while the events of September 11th are tragic and should never be forgotten, it seems that they were an isolated incident.

Also anyone that is going to take a weapon into a disney park is most likely going to be detered by the threat of being searched. We do not have suicide bombers who are willing to do anything to further their cause. Just as Kant contended that the threat of punishment is enough to deter, the threat of a search is enough to stop anyone from smuggling in contraban.

The only thing we have to fear is starting WWIII in the middle east over a constructed threat, but i won't get into that

And don't bother replying that this is a partisan issue, its an issue of common sense, there have been no acts of terror, yet you hear the word terror an average of 5-10 times every local or national news cast, a case of the media blowing an issue completely out of proportion in the quest for ratings.

garysargent

I saw one family (with kids) and the father had been stopped because a flick knife had been found in his bag.

He was actually arguing that he should be allowed inside the park with it!!!

They told him to either take it back to his car or else it would be consficated.

wdwjmp239

Ok -- you all just need to get over yourselves with the security at the park. The reason why they check baggage now is because of the real threat that someone can walk into Epcot, Magic Kingdom, etc..etc.. with a pipe bomb or something and detonate it anywhere. I think having security at the gates is probably one of the smarter things Disney has done since the park opened a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Sure, the lines are longer at the entrance, but wouldn't you want to take the extra time to make sure that the guy in front of you that looks like "Mr. All-American Dad" isn't a terrorist from the middle east (there are also american terrorists, but I won't get into that now)? If you have a problem with the security guards going through your bags to check for harmful devices and other things that go *BOOM!*, then I suggest you all go to Blockbuster Video, rent a few Disney flicks, and pretend you're at Disney. As for me, I'll be patiently waiting in line allowing Disney security to go through my bags anyday.

*sigh*

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by RobFL
If i want to avoid the hassle i go through the "I have no bags" line. Simple as that.

-Rob

My recommendation to you is get at the parks as early as possible if you want to avoid the long lines. I highly doubt Disney will have an "I HAVE NO BAGS" line. When I walk into the parks, I carry my cell phone, my Nextel cell/radio/pager (I hate being on-call, but my job requires it), and wallet. That's my load. I don't look like I'm going to camp out at Disney for a few days (by the way I've seen people walk into Epcot with backpacks, dufflebags, etc.. you'd think they would be camping out somewhere). I tell everyone this -- carry only what you need. Leave the rest of the stuff that you DO NOT need in your car or in your hotel room.

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by ntn_haqqer

My recommendation to you is get at the parks as early as possible if you want to avoid the long lines. I highly doubt Disney will have an "I HAVE NO BAGS" line. When I walk into the parks, I carry my cell phone, my Nextel cell/radio/pager (I hate being on-call, but my job requires it), and wallet. That's my load. I don't look like I'm going to camp out at Disney for a few days (by the way I've seen people walk into Epcot with backpacks, dufflebags, etc.. you'd think they would be camping out somewhere). I tell everyone this -- carry only what you need. Leave the rest of the stuff that you DO NOT need in your car or in your hotel room.

Having said all of that... I'll be at Disney this weekend dealing with the lines at the park entrance. To everyone else -- let me know how those Disney flicks you all rented were :)

///MY LAUGHING PLACE IS IN THIS FORUM/// ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

RobFL

Account Suspended
Haqqer..

I work at the parks.. every one of them has a "no bags" line.

Maybe you should reconsider your comments?

-Rob

Mr.Nutz

With all the poking they do, it's like they're trying to set a bomb off with those little wooden sticks.

It was annoying that almost everytime I had to open a flat, clearly empty small pocket on my backpack. They hardly looked at my sister, but I usually got quite a thorough searching, but I agree with Ratcat - I found the bag searches to be quite pointless. Pockets, shoes?

markymark

Originally posted by Ratcat
OK, ahead of me actually trying to get a trip report together I wasnted to post this as I feel it is rather important.

During our two week vacation we went to one park or another on nearly everyday and I was severely unimpressed with the bag searches.

Not that they occurred, but at how totally useless and ineffective they are. The security have absolutely no idea what they are looking for.

On 14 days I carried in a 9" x 4" x 6" baby wipes box and it wasn't until the last day that a guard actually asked me to open it. In addition they never looked beyond the top of the bag, a rather deep backpack.

As I pointed out on the last day to the guard, that box could have had a gun or a knife or even a bomb in it and not once had it been checked previously.

They answer I recieved from a rather cocky security guard was that they could tell who they should focus on by looking at their eyes.... Cool trick behind sunglasses I'm sure. They should teach that trick to the FBI!!!!

Unfortunately this problem wasn't restricted to WDW, but also the same at USF.

Certainly I didn't feel safer for the checks, because it was plainly obvious that if anyone wanted to take a device into WDW it would be no problem whatsoever to do.

Hi "Rat" hope you had a good trip, just got back myself. I have to say I totally agree with you.

These checks are about as futile as the completely unbelievable "x-ray your cabin luggage AFTER you leave the aircraft" at MCO

My wife carried a bum bag almost every day, as you know these are not the largest things in the world, in it she had tissues, purse the car keys and my wallet. I nearly always wore combat shorts with atleast 6 pockets in them, but I was able to walk through the no bags line, when I could easily have carried more than her.

I totally understand the need to reassure people, but the bag checks are just a way of holding up your entry to the parks as far as I am concerned.

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by RobFL
Haqqer..

I work at the parks.. every one of them has a "no bags" line.

Maybe you should reconsider your comments?

-Rob

Maybe you do work at the parks, I don't know, but I can tell you this much that the times I go to Disney, there are no "no bags" lines.

I'm not looking to start an argument here, but let me just say this -- get over it. Security will be there for quite sometime. Yes, it's a shame that they have to do that, but someone over in the middle east decide to test our nation's security and breach it by performing those terrible acts of terror on 9/11. :( :cry: :cry: :cry:

*sigh*

Have a good day.... this place I go to everyday called "MY JOB" calls. :(

RobFL

Account Suspended
Originally posted by ntn_haqqer

Maybe you do work at the parks, I don't know, but I can tell you this much that the times I go to Disney, there are no "no bags" lines.

I'm not looking to start an argument here, but let me just say this -- get over it. Security will be there for quite sometime. Yes, it's a shame that they have to do that, but someone over in the middle east decide to test our nation's security and breach it by performing those terrible acts of terror on 9/11. :( :cry: :cry: :cry:

*sigh*

Have a good day.... this place I go to everyday called "MY JOB" calls. :(

Well, you're just ignorant and wrong then.

-Rob

RobFL

Account Suspended
When did calling someone ignorant become an insult? It's meant to imply that the person merely does not know or understand or is unwilling to accept the truth of the matter.

He is ignorant because the no bag lines do exist.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom