Bad Thunderstorms at WDW today!

kirksheppard

Original Poster
I went back to the hotel to rest but while I was napping, my friend Connie was at the Studios. She was underneath the Sorcerer's Hat when it was struck by lightning. Reportedly, several attractions went down due to electrical problems during the storm. Hopefully everyone was OK and no injuries were sustained with all the lightning in the area.

Crazy4WDW1

The storms sounded really bad for a while. I was watching and listening to the webcam that is set up at AKL villas. I hope n one was hurt/injured.

DHS up and running

Pin location at the Mickey Hat is closed, but all attractions that would normally run with wet ground are running. (Light's Action and Indy don't run with when it is this wet). Midway Mania is a posted 60 min wait for Stand-by. They are not taking single riders through the fastpass line and all FP have been given out for the day.

PotteryGal

I'm over at Ft Wilderness at the moment - I'm thankful we weren't in a park, but our cabin. However, DH and DD were at Downtown Disney and got rained in at World of Disney. DH said CMs were really great about playing with the kids in the store while they waited out the storm.

Glad I didn't know about the tornado warning though. :lol:

wickedfan07

As I post this I am listening to a thunderstorm oll overhead here in PA. (Probably shouldn't be on the computer. Hmm.) It was nice all day and then the sky just opened up about an hour ago. Seeing the Sorcerer's Hat struck by lightning would be interesting. Maybe the pin store will now only be accessible from the Twilight Zone.

TTATraveler

The thunderstorms were very bad over Downtown Orlando with torrential downpours. I ended up leaving work late after looking at the radar and seeing what I would be driving into near Disney.

Omnimover

Maybe the pin store will now only be accessible from the Twilight Zone.

Rod_Serling1.jpg

"Picture if you will: a massive chapeau, perhaps discarded by some long forgotten giant strolling through central Florida. Now transformed into a glimmering icon home to a cavalcade of tiny decorative brooches that inspire a frenzy to be purchased and exchanged in the hearts of collectors everywhere. One rainy summer's day a bolt of lightning struck this haberdasher's nightmare, and though once singed all the shiny symbols of joy and camaraderie that once waited within are ready to be traded once more. But collecting them now might just come with a special extra gift. This time that lanyard might just be filled with tiny keys... to The Twilight Zone.

peter_pan_man

Rod_Serling1.jpg

"Picture if you will: a massive chapeau, perhaps discarded by some long forgotten giant strolling through central Florida. Now transformed into a glimmering icon home to a cavalcade of tiny decorative brooches that inspire a frenzy to be purchased and exchanged in the hearts of collectors everywhere. One rainy summer's day a bolt of lightning struck this haberdasher's nightmare, and though once singed all the shiny symbols of joy and camaraderie that once waited within are ready to be traded once more. But collecting them now might just come with a special extra gift. This time that lanyard might just be filled with tiny keys... to The Twilight Zone.

Excellent!! :ROFLOL:

Rod_Serling1.jpg

:lol::ROFLOL::lol: Thats great!!!

WDWKat26

That storm was INSANE. By far the worst storm of the season so far. I was "lucky" *note sarcasm* enough to drive home in some of it. There was lightning literally right above my car and striking within a mile of me. I haven't been that scared in a long time. I finally got home (I live near the Gaylord Palms, 5 min from Celebration and Disney) only to find out I practically drove through the area with the tornado warning and that was in red on the radar. Oye! I prayed the entire time I was driving. But, we need the rain too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom