Bad News For EISNER(Good News for Us)

MKBurn15

Original Poster
Eisner has been having trouble with his popularity as Disney CEO, but now because he turned down the offer to distribute(or something) Fahrenheit 9/11, it looks like he may lose his position more easily and/or quickly. Any thoughts or news on this?

MKBurn15

Original Poster
Aw. Well sorry for starting this thread then. He did sound really stupid when he said "We don't want a political movie during the election year."

se8472

It would seem really weird for Disney to have anything to do with that movie...

I know we don't like religion or political references anywhere in World Showcase. So I can understand this decision and support Eisner on this one.

scottnj1966

Doubt it

MKBurn15 said:
Eisner has been having trouble with his popularity as Disney CEO, but now because he turned down the offer to distribute(or something) Fahrenheit 9/11, it looks like he may lose his position more easily and/or quickly. Any thoughts or news on this?

I am thinking this film that very politically and very untrue movie will not have any effect on his position. If Roy Disney could not get him out why would some low budget fairy tale do it.

My guess is you wanted to start something about this movie.
and you will.

I am hoping the webmaster will remove this thread since we are here to talk about Disney and not World Politics.

Chernabog

The reason Disney did not carry this movie was because it shows the President in a negative light and the Presidents brother (?) is the governor of Florida and he gives the Walt Disney Company lots of taxs breaks and such. If the Bush family were portrayed poorly by Disney they risk losing said breaks...it's actually a very smart move for a buisness to make. At least that's how I see it. Eisner did something good for the company this time around, maybe things will change for the better? :lol:

peter11435

Chernabog said:
The reason Disney did not carry this movie was because it shows the President in a negative light and the Presidents brother (?) is the governor of Florida and he gives the Walt Disney Company lots of taxs breaks and such. If the Bush family were portrayed poorly by Disney they risk losing said breaks...it's actually a very smart move for a buisness to make. At least that's how I see it. Eisner did something good for the company this time around, maybe things will change for the better? :lol:
Bush gives Disney NO tax break, the RCID and every park associated with it were established in the early 60's. At this point there is nothing that Bush could do to take them away, only the florida legislature can do that, and it would take alot more than just a documentary. Disney choose not to release the film to protect their image.

PhilosophyMagic

scottnj1966 said:
I am thinking this film that very politically and very untrue movie will not have any effect on his position. If Roy Disney could not get him out why would some low budget fairy tale do it.

My guess is you wanted to start something about this movie.
and you will.

I am hoping the webmaster will remove this thread since we are here to talk about Disney and not World Politics.

Wait back up a second... all MKBurn15 said was that Eisner seems to have made a bad decision in not releasing the movie, since it is making money. While this seems unlikely since this decision wasn't as big of a loss as previous Eisner mistakes, if it was a mistake at all, there was definately no intent to make a political statement in that post. In fact, I was rather impressed that MKBurn15 didn't take a side on the issue.

ScottNJ1966, you seem to take a strong position on the issues surrounding Farenheit 9/11, so I completely undserstand why you would see the post as an attempt to become political, I'm pretty sure you just misunderstood in thinking there was any intent to discuss politics.

Let's all relax now, this isn't Disney World.... :)

MagicalMonorail

I am glad Disney did not get involved with this "movie." I just saw it today, and I can't imagine Disney being tied to it. It is so negative and political, it's frustrating. It disturbs me that someone goes through so much trouble to make controversy.

AEfx

MagicalMonorail said:
I am glad Disney did not get involved with this "movie." I just saw it today, and I can't imagine Disney being tied to it. It is so negative and political, it's frustrating. It disturbs me that someone goes through so much trouble to make controversy.

Yeah, the truth hurts, doesn't it? :)

AEfx

MKBurn15

Original Poster
PhilosophyMagic said:
Wait back up a second... all MKBurn15 said was that Eisner seems to have made a bad decision in not releasing the movie, since it is making money. While this seems unlikely since this decision wasn't as big of a loss as previous Eisner mistakes, if it was a mistake at all, there was definately no intent to make a political statement in that post. In fact, I was rather impressed that MKBurn15 didn't take a side on the issue.

ScottNJ1966, you seem to take a strong position on the issues surrounding Farenheit 9/11, so I completely undserstand why you would see the post as an attempt to become political, I'm pretty sure you just misunderstood in thinking there was any intent to discuss politics.

Let's all relax now, this isn't Disney World.... :)
Thank you! I was just saying he might have made a mistake because the movie brought in lots of money. I apologize for starting any controversey or stuff.

MKBurn15

Original Poster
MagicalMonorail said:
Don't take this the wrong way, but Disney is tied to Kill Bill. :lol: ;)

DarkMeasures

MKBurn15 said:
Don't take this the wrong way, but Disney is tied to Kill Bill. :lol: ;)

Miramax, owned by Disney has distributed all of Quintin Terintino's movies. Disney also has ties to Kevin smith with the Clercks cartoon and several movies Miramax distributed. But Disney did not own Miramax until about half a decade ago. I can't remember if it is before or after the ABC sale.

But anyway, on Farenheight 9/11. I know the director is pretty smart but he is such an a** and I am so tired of politics that seeing that movie is the last thing I want to do.

MagicalMonorail

AEfx said:
Yeah, the truth hurts, doesn't it? :)

AEfx

Look. Buddy. I was just stating the facts. Even Michael Moore will tell you this. Yes the film is negative. Yes the film is controversial. Yes the film is political. Don't get all fired up to bash the President. He is still the leader of the U.S. It wouldn't hurt for you to show respect.

MkBurn, I do see what you meant when you began this thread. I'm sorry to steer it in the wrong direction.

And this isn't a total thread drift. We are talking about movies after all. It just happens to be a political one.

MagicalMonorail

A Reason to Support Bush

In Fahrenheit, there is a quote from Bush. He says that America is safe from terror, and here is what to do:

"Get yourself down to Disney World in Florida."

Can you hear any better advice? I mean really, can you?

CaptainMichael

Ya, Eisner missed out on a great idea for a new Fantasyland Attraction.......In my opinion it was one of his smartest decisions to stay clear of that movie.

AEfx

MagicalMonorail said:
Look. Buddy. I was just stating the facts. Even Michael Moore will tell you this. Yes the film is negative. Yes the film is controversial. Yes the film is political. Don't get all fired up to bash the President. He is still the leader of the U.S. It wouldn't hurt for you to show respect.

Um, I didn't mention him, but since you did...all I have to say, is that the President in F9/11 wasn't audio-animatronic...that really was him. :)

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom