Bad experience with September & October... so when?

Leo!

Hi all,

Trying to avoid crowds and heat, I was there this time from september 7 to 17th.
The problem this time was the heat, cos the crowds were totally manageable (30 minutes of time in popular rides max). The only problem with crowds were on sites of quick service dining, with everyone redeeming their meals. Normally we make 2 parks on the same day, but this time due the heat we were exhausted being 4 or 5 hours in 1 park.

October last year (14 to 22) the problem was crowds (food and wine + NSSHP: 60 minutes of wait on rides and sometimes was hard to walk over there with a stroller).

So, when I should try now? we can go the the second half of the year.

- End of october?
- November before thanksg.?
- November after th.?
- End of september?

Thanks and sorry for my english!

L.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You will run into a similar experience at all of the other times you suggested as well. The heat will start to taper off in November but you can have those days that are unseasonable hot. Free dining promotions run nearly year round now. The best way to beat them is to eat at off times. The best time for cool to cold weather and low crowds will be between mid January and mid February.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

I agree with Master Yoda, I think you will run into the same issue with crowds from Sept to beginning of Nov. I think your best bet would be the 2 or 3 week in Nov. Crowds start coming back in the Saturday before Thanksgiving. So avoid anytime around Thanksgiving.

Upvote 0

draybook

I was hoping that this September was a fluke. We came in September of 08 and it was almost a ghost town the whole time. This year I think the entire population of Brazil showed up.

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

Draybrook, I think from other posts we were there around the same time. We were 9/2 to 9/10 and there were so many South Americans (spoke Spanish as well as Portguese) there were times in line all we heard was Spanish. My kids enjoyed practicing thier Spanglish skills and over all we had no problems with anyone personally. However at Quick Service locations we were behind several very confused South Americans and many CM's who did not speak Spanish going over the dining plan. I waited at our hotel lobby for about 45 mins, I know because I was texting my husband the entire time, while the dining plan was explained to three different South American families. When the manager apolgized to me once it was my turn, I told him he needed some more Spanish spakers and he laughted and said 10 more would be enough.
We had some empty days at DHS and MK and never waited more than 20 mins for anything and used FP sparingly.
To the OP we are looking at a 2012 early December Christmas trip...we would like to try WDW in the oppresive heat:)

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

We are trying the second week of December this year - the 11th through the 16th.
According to the crowd calendar at touring plans, every day was either a 1 or 2 out of ten. I am hoping this is the right time to go.
I have been in September and October before and I completely agree with you. It used to be my favorite time to go but have noticed an increase in crowds and sometimes the heat can be really unbearable where like you said you are too exhausted to stay all day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom